It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You hang in their Silo I know u must be worried about your animals but if large chunks of Mt Etna lands on you they won't have their favourite person feeding them tomorrow!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's big - yes.

As for the lava/magma being the 'runny type' - if it is, I'll have to watch out for my backyard there is a rivulet (old) that runs through here. I can't tell where she's running though as the whole mountain is red and it's still to dark out to get perspective.

We heard a week ago on the news (as I reported here) 'they' were expecting something 'big'. Silly me I thought they were wrong.

Ash and fallout still bad, size of fallout getting larger, her sounding off has not changed - one right after the other, and the ground is still shaking, just not as bad as before. Maybe she's calming?

Nope.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Silo13, where are you in relation to this map?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Can you get a night shot?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just saw a webcam from the town side looking at the mountain with a flow coming down..... Pray you and your animals are safe!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Stay safe silo! And flee if you must!

Can you possibly record those booms for us?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Here is a link to some Etna webcams:

Etna Webcams Link

hotelcorsaro list of etna webcam links

Mount Etna volcano, Sicily information

refresh and Thermo updates

edit on 7/18/2011 by dreams n chains because: added link

edit on 7/18/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Silo you must be on the SE/Eastern side of Etna am I correct? going with what i'm seeing with the wind vectors carrying the eruptive debris and gaseous venting. If you are on the SE/Eastern side that lava flow would be headed in your general direction.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

That thing that looks like an eye on the right? Just a bit north and east closer to the mountain.

EDIT TO ADD: Wait a sec, let me look at that map again, that might not be right. EDIT TO ADD AGAIN = Ok I was right but a little to the west not east.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4543ff662d28.jpg[/atsimg]

That's the size that's raining down now, larger, more substantial, and She's really rocking the house harder now.

peace
edit on 18-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Silo13, where are you in relation to this map?

wow.look at the lava flow

I wonder how far away and which city this is?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo - Please, Please - RELOCATE! I know you must be excited/scared. Please, in case it gets worse - do not be stuck there. Bring your animals if you can. Start packing Bag Now and Go. Remember Supplies you will need. Water, Socks, Mask (use your bra - take them all with you, Study Shoes, Etc. You need to find a route to leave NOW!!! Internet problems all day in my area and I am on dial up which keeps giving out here - will try and find escape roots for you and area folks - Do Not Stay - Please!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Can you possibly record those booms for us?

I wish I had a way I could.

If I thought someone could hear it through Skype (which you should be able to) and could record it? U2U me and I'll give you my Skype info.

But no, sadly I've no way to record it myself.

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Latest blast

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Can someone help me out here?

How to measure this = Standing with my arm outstretched and using my thumb and first finger in that classic measuring method? With one eye closed I rest my thumb on the top of Etna then measure up with my first finger. The lava exploding up into the sky is over two inches from thumb to forefinger.

Is there any way to judge that in miles high now? Or is that impossible? I'm trying to get an idea how high she's shooting up in the air.

peace and thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yeah, it's huge.
Thank you for adding the pictures...
I'm getting a little knot in my stomach now, lol.

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
From what I'm hearing on other blogs the lava is flowing into an uninhabited 'precipice' formed by previous landslides and isn't threatening any populations as of yet.
edit on 18-7-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Thank you so much for your advice. I wish I could tell you I'll take it, but, I wouldn't leave my animals for my life and there is no way to take them with me. I live in a tiny farming community and have no car. I'm not crying 'oh poor me' - just saying. I had to chuckle at the bra thing. A little levity in the situation I guess. Me? A bra? NAW!

WOW - she just really gave a HUGE BLOW!

Thank you again, you're a dear.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Eruption has abated somewhat, but far out the woods yet as tremors are still at the highest since this eruption event started. Etna cycling up for another burst of intense activity shortly it would seem.

link   

Originally posted by silo13

Yeah, it's huge.
Thank you for adding the pictures...
I'm getting a little knot in my stomach now, lol.

peace

Silo13, by looking at the map, you can see past lava flows. Also, by viewing the photos, can you tell if the lava is headed your way?

link   
reply to post by silo13

I completely understand your unwillingness to leave, we went through the same with our land and animals after our recent 7.1 earthquake and 7,000+ aftershocks since.... we're still here.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join