It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
First time I've ever been a bit scared. I mean for real. The house is rocking. The ash is hitting hard. Maybe it's better I can't see what's going on in the light of day - but I can tell you this - first hand? The whole mountain top is going off. NO let up between BOOMS.

Stay with those web cams! People, if you find better webcams than the one I posted PLEASE ADD LINKS HERE!

radio7cam

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
sorry silo, talking about your dog at the moment was alittle inappropriate, jeez, things sound really bad out there, my prayers are for you, (and lucy!)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf458d4a1a18.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the size of the ash hitting the house.

And yes, it's out of focus cause my hand is shaking.

And it isn't letting up a bit. Her plumes of ash and lava and spewing are half way up into the early morning sky.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

WHOA, I just checked the webcam, perhaps it is time for you to errr leave, get the hell out of dodge and go stay at a friends house or family as far away from there as possible.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Stay safe Silo... you know her better than we do.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

So does it look like etna gonna have a big one, i know silos been watching it for ages, is tjhis gonna be major?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
First time I've ever been a bit scared. I mean for real. The house is rocking. The ash is hitting hard. Maybe it's better I can't see what's going on in the light of day - but I can tell you this - first hand? The whole mountain top is going off. NO let up between BOOMS.

Stay with those web cams! People, if you find better webcams than the one I posted PLEASE ADD LINKS HERE!

radio7cam

peace

WOW

I think the top just blew off!!!

thanks for the webcam site.
www.radiostudio7.it...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by silo13

WHOA, I just checked the webcam, perhaps it is time for you to errr leave, get the hell out of dodge and go stay at a friends house or family as far away from there as possible.

I agree, you should flee!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The ash is getting larger.
I still can't get much of an idea how much of her top is gone - it looks like the whole thing, but, that's cause it's dark and all I can see it miles high plumes of lava - that's running in rivers all down the mountain. In a few hours(?) when the sun comes up I should be able to get a better picture in my head (and I hope for you). Between now and then, well, the next 3 hours are going to be a little...tight.

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Sorry I couldn't answer before, I've been...busy.
I covered all my animal cages - but my crops are ruined I can bet you and nothing I can do this time or night - or virtually at all - there's just too much ash coming down and don't let the word 'ash' fool you - it's rocks pebbles raining down - big ones now. Some the size of US nickles.

Thank you for your well wishes for me. The whole island's going to need it if this keeps up. As I write the desk moves with her explosions. And that is no joke.

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Prayers are with you and yours!

Please keep us updated as you can.

I`ll be following closely, and hoping for the best!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nothing is showing on RSOE yet. That kind of ruins my faith in that site. There is NO WAY these tremors cannot be registering!

Anyone have a better site that's showing the activity???

peace

EDIT TO ADD:

Ok, I'm not fooling here - it's not my hands that are shaking this time, it's Etna's BOOMS! I can't believe this isn't registering on RSOE!!!
edit on 18-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Sorry I couldn't answer before, I've been...busy.
I covered all my animal cages - but my crops are ruined I can bet you and nothing I can do this time or night - or virtually at all - there's just too much ash coming down and don't let the word 'ash' fool you - it's rocks pebbles raining down - big ones now. Some the size of US nickles.

Thank you for your well wishes for me. The whole island's going to need it if this keeps up. As I write the desk moves with her explosions. And that is no joke.

peace

Oh no, im so sorry and worried for you, i know weve not really crossed paths but ive read loads of your threads,theres got to be a point where your gonna have to clear out silo, I live in a country where three inches of rain is a disaster, god be with you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here are the Tremor Charts :

www.ct.ingv.it...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
On this link you can flick between the 5 different web-cam shots of the eruption.

www.guide-etna.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Thank you very much.

Dang, they look so small on the page and FEEL SO BIG here!

They're getting harder too.

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I would love to have a view like that
and a volcano erupting at that.

lucky you

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm hearing on Big Think's Eruptions blog that area of Funivia is being evacuated. Have you heard of this, Silo?? And where is it in relation to you?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this but tremor is still on the up since the conduit first opened up..what..2 or 3 hours ago now. The lava is runny-type so i'd seriously consider looking at where you are on the maps in relation to flow gulleys and plotting a escape strategy pronto incase thing's don't abate anytime soon.
Etna has been signalling this eruption for well over 3 weeks now, but even this is taking me back somewhat. No VAAC warnings from London or Toulouse so either the news hasn't got to them yet, the ashfall is concentrated locally, or the graphs are being plotted.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
She can even be seen on the Etna guide wecams. Very big. Silo? Stay safe.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join