It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for an interesting thread and all the updates, Silo!

Beautiful pictures!

Stay safe!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Enough of the "She's this" and "she's that" talk. IT'S not a GIRL it's a God damned VOLCANO!!!!

There will never be 'enough' of 'She is this and that'...’ She is our Mother.
Think about it.
What makes our world? The world we walk on, our terra-firma? Volcanoes.
Etna is one of the oldest volcanoes in the world. So, in all reality She is the Earth's 'Mother' as much as the Earth is the Mother of us all. I'm not trying to push my belief on you, just giving you another perspective to consider.

and "SHE" isn't any more beautiful than the flood waters that are destroying the South right now.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Please, put your negativity aside for a moment and just think of Her this way.
The very 'dirt' around a volcano is some of the richest soil in the world - if not the richest - naturally with no additives of course.
So again, that makes Her a Mother, because She feeds us. And, though I'm not sure about the process with floods, I do know this: When lava flows, the land grows and it's all the richer for it. Remember, I'm not thinking in 'our time' (years and decades) but in centuries too.
I live here, I work the land, I farm to eat and if I don’t, I don’t eat. Etna has provided all I need in the soil to get out of it what I need to live. Again, the act of a ‘Mother’.

I have never understood the gall of people who describe a disaster or a potential disaster that has killed or could potentially kill thousands of people as......"Beautiful"

Then you don’t see a Ferrari as beautiful? It could potentially kill.
You don’t see a piece of chicken as yummy and nutritious? It choked to death millions.
You don’t see...you don’t see...you don’t see...
No, you don’t.
You don’t see Etna is the Mother of life. As being life giving.
You choose to see the negative. That, is of course your choice.

I see Her as something so astonishingly beautiful I barely can breath when I lift up my eyes to her hills - because that is where I find me strength and my passion for life and living.

So, it’s all in perspective and in the eye of the beholder.

And yes, I have the ‘gall’ to show you another side of life that I really believe you’re missing out on.

peace to you - peace

edit on 14-5-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Heya Silo....

I have always thought of volcanos as she... anything to do with mother nature is a she.....

.. I take it "she" is back sleeping after her wee floor show....

stay safe over there

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Hi again, I just went out and took these just for you. I hope you can see some beauty in Her now, and, find some peace...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35dd3c391474.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dc19f83192f.jpg[/atsimg]

Take care
gracie

edit on 14-5-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi Silo,
I use quite a lot of sites when I am looking for earthquakes but I have found the EMSC site the quickest at posting the most recent earthquakes. I was on it last night and the costa rica earthquake was reported on there before USGS and RSOE. I sometimes find with the RSOE site that a lot of events aren't put on there,especially concerning thing that are happening in Europe.

Changing the subject, your pics and commentary about your girl are brilliant, keep up the good work!
I spent about 2 hours looking at what was happening on the live cams and wished I could be there watching it in person, and I agree with your outlook of Earth being the mother and volcanoes giving us a rich source of soil on which to grow our food.
I reckon Mother Nature has been taken too much for granted by the world as of late and things are gonna change

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So magnificent, thank you.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Keep your eyes on Etna folks... I can't get pictures because all the ash/smoke/steam is headed right at my face (so to speak) and hiding any view of what She's 'up to' - but this evening there's more than usual 'out-put' of material coming from Herm ain crater...(At least I think it's the main crater - still hard to tell)...

Also, a few nights ago on the local news there were reports of some 'deep seismic output' beneath Her - but - I'm doubtful only because the waters are churning at the moment for the scientific community related to Etna and earthquakes here... A number of vulcanologist were sighted with 'manslaughter' charges after not 'warning' the people of earthquakes a few years back that resulted in over 300 deaths... There's a thread started here on ATS about this - let me see if I can find it and I"ll post the link.

Anyway - Etna is belching it out at the moment - who knows where it will go from here!

peace and good weekend to all...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

always thank you so much for keeping us informed!!!

stay safe and have a great weekend too

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef278d277f3a.jpg[/atsimg]

All's quiet so far this morning... Will keep you posted - per usual!

For those 'celebrating' Memorial Day? Don't forget it's just not another holiday...

peace

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

wonderfull pictures, and a great thread. finally got to see it in its glory.

and looks like today she's just blowing her peace pipe

have a nice day silo

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
In french they say "Belle de loin, loin d'être belle"
translate to "Beautiful from far away, far away from being beautiful"

I think it sum it up perfectly for a volcano, cause i'm pretty sure right next to the cauldron its not that pretty with the ashes and lava.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54e8d47a0211.jpg[/atsimg]

Regardless of 'time' running away non-stop here in the Catania area (see ATS thread Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster) - nothing strange going on here other than the 'mother ship' hiding behind the clouds this morning..

lol

*jk*

...or am I? *evil grin*

peace

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As usual, lovely picture, thank you.
Keep safe

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

nice picture silo.

but im sorry that is not a mother ship hidding behind the cloud, look at the protuberance it makes, thats clearly a father ship

thank you again for such a lovely thread

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you for the heads up OP. What an amazing sight! Please stay safe and keep us informed. While in the service I had the fortune to visit your lovely island twice.

oh and star and flag

You know I just noticed you live in one of the places I visited! the other was Riposto!
edit on 11-6-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I noticed on the webcam tonight that the mothership was there again tonight. I try to look at the cams everynight just to see the cloud formations.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Update

Here's a pic from this morning early...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8e9e7d59e10.jpg[/atsimg]

Etna isn't doing much, but, what prompted me to post the picture? There was a 3.7 EQ north of here yesterday and just a few moments ago a EQ that rocked my socks. Nothing showing yet on RSOE, but, I'll post when it registers.

So, She's quiet, but..but...but...

peace

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
WOW!
I'm glad I posted earlier! It's dark now and baby oh baby we've got lava flow tonight!

Once again I apologize for not having the capabilities to take great night shots, but, if She keeps putting out more at least I'll be able to give you a shot with contrast!

If you're up for it try some of the live-cams. I haven't been able to yet!

Mt. Etna Live cams

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Afternoon news reported Etna was 'seismic' all last evening and is sporting a new 'hole' today. (Must be what I was seeing last night)... Today She's been sending up some ash/sand/steam etc, but nothing fantastic so far. I'll keep my eyes on her though, with all the 'trembling' going on she might be readying up for a show.

peace

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates!
I read somewhere this morning that both Katla and Etna were experiencing seismic activity at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join