It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well ya caught a UFO (again I've been looking for them all day) - OR - a massive boulder getting 'poofed' up and out of Her wide open trap.

I say it's a UFO!

Great catch!

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
awesome pics S N F for you . but in the future would you mind adding to my thread . volcano watch 2010
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why should she contribute to your ego sized monopolized thread! Talk about a conspiracy.
This is HER work, Not yours!

SnF to the OP

Please keep us posted on the eruption. Are you away from the prevailing winds?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
At the end of the day - a long day - Etna seems to be taking her 'beauty rest' seriously.
She's quiet - no more window rattling 'booms' and though She's still putting out material - She's much calmer.
Let's see what happens tomorrow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8ed3ddbb9d3.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Very kind of you to support original work her on ATS. One thing to keep in mind though is A's request was made ages ago when I first started this thread. Since then this thread has been updated numerous times as Etna likes to keep us all guessing right!

That being said I (still) truly appreciate your championship of your fellow members - awesome that!!!

Thanks everyone and peace to all who read this thread.

Night Night from Sicily - I'll make sure and give updates when Dame Etna decides it's time to wake up again.

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d93aea8e85a7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a75dfa1e88c6.jpg[/atsimg]

Seeing some lava again, probably just easier to see because it appears to be getting dark I guess.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You need to bring that suite you're wearing and come on over here with me to take a look.

Yeah, the lava is running and I'm hearing from others in two new places. Let me confirm that before you take it to heart, but yeah, there's a nice bit of flow.

Night all
peace

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

First i'd even heard of Etna's sister volcano.

Off to check where it is etc, cheers for that.

I'll be here front and center waiting for when the curtains fall back to reveal her in all her glory once again.

Probably my filthy mind, but that sounds vaguely erotic.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Probably my filthy mind, but that sounds vaguely erotic.

Spikey - everything about a volcano (especially Etna) is vaguely erotic. It's all that flowing lava and new life making and... Well, I'll leave it at that.

I've been trying to set up my camera to take night shots but it's just not going to happen, sorry all. I hope to have more tomorrow.

peace

XL5

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So, is there any more activity?

Any more photos or did it blow up?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XL5

More activity , yep. lava now too.
www.bing.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

as hell continues to inlarge itself

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
All these volcano's going off. Is that Normal? I wonder what is causing all the volcano noise. I mean alot has been happenning lately. What do you think is going on here? This cannot be Normal. I believe something else not seen is causing all this to flare up. Unseen. I believe something is going to give. People, keep up the good work. Nice pics, and you are an eye witness. HEY, be careful. peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
earth had to release a little gas, nbd.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shatter

earth had to release a little gas, nbd

To some it is a 'big deal' considering at this point not the loss of life but the fact that crops may be ruined and that greatly effects everyone here as I'm sure you can imagine.

But wait! News Flash! 'NBG; You say?

Whoa! I didn't realize the world revolved around you? Thanks for that update!
(/teasing)

Annnndddd, ''NBD' or not - having her 'blow' sure makes for some great photo opportunities!

Update - For today Etna is quiet so for the most part show's over - at least for now!

peace

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Really? It didn't seem to be all that smokey to me, and doesn't the smoke rise? Ir is it like a dusty smoke that falls as it blows away?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

When Etna 'blows' she produces a gritty sharp ash - not at all like the ash from a fire but more like sharp gritty sand. Right now is when all the broccoli, cauliflower and many other vegetables are ready to harvest. Having that gritty horrible sand in the vegetables is AWFUL! Almost impossible to rinse out. Also the 'old timers' here have been talking about how the stuff burns/hurts the new potato plants that are up.

So far I've seen little myself (in my vegetables) so I hope the wind was blowing in the right direction for everyone else too!

A little later I'll try to get a shot of what She's still 'putting out' and you can see the difference in the color. In fact I'll take a shot of the stuff I'm talking about ans post that too to give you a better idea.
peace

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Unconfirmed (by me, lol) new eruption(?)...

Right around 1115 my time I heard a loud BOOM!

I thought at first it was fireworks for the upcoming festivals, but, it came at the wrong time, wrong place, the sound originated in the vicinity of Etna.

About 15 minutes after the first loud *B* came another that rattled the ground.

RSOE posts there've been a couple of small earth tremors north of here, but north of Etna usually doesn't get my attention.

Then about 5 mins ago another very loud *B* and another earth-shake under my feet. I dunno if it will register on RSOE but it was enough to knock me off my balance while I was planting peppers.

Etna is behind some gray misty clouds so it's tough to get an idea what's going on with Her, but, I just have to discount the idea of fireworks - three times in a row and intermittent from 1115 to now, 1143.

Sure, I've had fireworks rock me on my feet and this is the time for festivals (the festival of my town is the weekend after Easter) - but - I've got a feeling it's Etna and not pyrotechnics.

Will update as I can.

peace

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey, thanks for the heads up again, I pulled up the web cams to have a look.... it looks like there is a wee bit of steam ??....

Please keep us updated, you were fantastic last time, the pics were awesome... to be that close is awesome ..... take care in case she has a hissy fit !!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cabinda

Glad you like it - I know I do...

And just little added note here. Please remember - when Etna blows, or I even suspect She will - I bring updates to the thread. I'd rather be safe and get something in print, than sorry and wait until it's too late.

Meaning - the day She REALLY blows? I might not be able to get anything out to you peeps! So better get info posted quick!

Thanks for the well wishing, but She seems to be fine - despite those few belches...

peace

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So good to have a real person documenting this for/with us, rather than having it all covered in media blabber
S&F
I'll be checking back regularly, volcanoes are so fascinating to me!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join