It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*video* New Footage of a possible Triangle hovering over Manchester, UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Appears to be a new capture, taken on 4/7/10, at 9:45 p.m....Videographer filmed off of his balcony...Any folks here from Manchester, who can possibly corroborate? Sounds like several people may have seen it based on this guys description in the caption...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This guy is a fake im pretty sure he uses some reflection trickery and moving the camera, like in his other video. But if you notice in the video you posted he does not zoom in directly onto the object and once he zooms in on it then he starts moving the camera a little bit. It is just a strange way to film something and usually a give away of a hoax. When you film something you have a tendency to put it in the middle of the frame this guy does it a little off and then slowly mves it towards the middle.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nice video and I only live up the road well not far from Manchester also seems to be a lot of sightings last few months including reports of a near miss at the Manchester airport.

Also this is from another site regarding the camera mans movement etc..

Got a call from a mate at around 21:45 to get out on my balcony & check out some lights moving about to the South...before i got the camera started i saw the 3 lights spin round quickly before slowly coming to a stop, very smooth rotation at a slight angle. Camera work again isn't the best but i rushed out & had nowhere to rest the camera, plus i had a load of mates clambering over me to look as well so plenty others saw it too. Hung around for a short while before dimming out one by one...very strange sighting, seen nothing like it before, either it was one big object or 3 seperate lights. Author (DuffMan790 @ youtube)

[edit on 8-4-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've actually seen this footage already, I live in the Manchester Area and it was very clear last night. He managed to send the clip/link to me internally on Youtube. I wasn't witness to this sighting last night but from the video clip and witness statement, David says that the 3 light edges ''spin round quickly before slowly coming to a stop, very smooth rotation at a slight angle''

I can't see this from the video posted, but he's done quite well in capturing it with such a dark background. The two accompanying lights to the right blink out, and the 3rd one at the point blinks out eventually.

I can't tell from the footage if the aircraft is ever moving from one point in the sky to the next, or if it's hovering
it doesn't look to be moving fast or zigzagging.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Can you explain the reflection trickery he used?
Considering his witness statement says he went outside on the balcony to film it and the video shows that, I'd just like to hear how he might of pulled this reflection off.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Looks similar to the sighting in Aurora, IL a few years ago.

The one in IL was able to extend it's arms to different positions. You've gotta wonder what exactly the point of these things are, and why they just won't reveal them to the public if it's some sort of aerial study.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I almost hate to say it...
Why could these not be sky lanterns?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

Considering his witness statement says he went outside on the balcony to film it and the video shows that

He says we went outside and he also said it was a ufo if he hoaxed it then what would make you think he told the truth about how he filmed it. When you have a video watch the video and ignore the story at first.
Here is a simple way of doing the relfection trick to get orbs, i did this with a remote and a cell phone. If the skies were clear that night i would be able to get some stars in the pic too.

Do it with a video camera and more lights and you could have your own ufo. With bouble paine windows if you change the angle you can get "splitting orbs" like in pic 2.

I also like the whole "triangle" craft thing. How could you have 3 lights in the sky that did not make some kind of triangle besides them being in a straight line.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Three Chinese lanterns would not move like that did and stay perfectly synchronized.

First video looks good to me... see nothing that indicates any trickery to me.

but what do I know.. I wasn't there.

Amazing to me the off the wall stuff people dream up in an attempt to write stuff off as nothing. Just could not possibly be something real in the sky whether man made or from "somewhere else"

Another reason I would never post a UFO video here if I were ever lucky enough to see something I felt was worthy of posting.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Move like what? I don't see much motion other than camera motion.
I see three lights which dim and go out. Sort of exactly like sky lanterns do.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DimensionalDetective.....

Thank you for posting your interesting video.

Unfortunately, the poor quality of the video makes it difficult to arrive at any conclusions.

The poor quality of video does not make it possible to exclude:

Chinese lanterns as per Phage.....

A light source reflecting on glass as per Zaiger.....

Because of the appearance, the lack of movement & the manner in which the lights "blink out", I feel the chinese lantern explanation is the most likely option.

If the video was clearer, perhaps we could exclude that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Excellent Summary Zaiger, thanks

The only issue i'd have with that would be that you've used a window, and there doesn't look to be any kind of window between himself and the object in the sky on his video. See at 0:09 seconds it shows the houses down below and i didnt notice any reflections coming back, keep in mind there are street lights in the video as well. I think the object does move, his own camera movement is trying to stay with it, but its not a darting movement.

At 0:41 he zooms out, just after he says 'wow thats big' you can see the houses below and street lights, indicating he's either in a flat on the balcony or on the second floor, again theres no reflection coming back off the proposed glass that would need to be between the lense and the object.

I know what your saying, but i'm going back to a couple of sightings now in the UK. Orb related sightings that is, similar to this one.
Is it possible to tie lanterns together, erm.. y'know kind of like a kite design?
3 lanters tied in a triangle? would they hold together if released at the same time?

I'm not saying David is a hoaxer, i'm just saying somone in the Manchester area could be, again its worth pointing out that i dont think all orb/light theories are chinese lanterns, and excuse the pun but i think as observers we need to stress to keep our feet on the ground, look at what is plausible explanations for what we are seeing in the video.

I agree with phage so far, if the triangular craft had shot off into the distance at speed, then maybe that would be something, or maybe if the orbs had shot off up into the atmosphere zig-zagging again that would be remarkable.

Oh Zaiger, if you could at least post up a reflection video outside showing orbs in the night sky like this one, also showing the houses down below without the reflection of the glass your using, then it might be a plausible idea. Unless that can be proved as do-able i dont see any issue to call duffman790 a hoaxer until proven. You've proven it can be done indoors, but as with all UFO/debunks lets try and replicate what is being put forward as an explanation eh?

Back to the theory of lanterns, can it be done? grouped in a triangle kite design and let off as 3 together?

example lanterns - assuming you've got 3 lanterns lit, you'd tie them with equal pieces of length of black or dark green garden string and let them off at the same time, would they float/move towards their maximum point first? therefore stretching out into a triangle?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Superiorraw]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think they're faking it - I know it sounds strange but their voices don't suggest they are up to anything.

Could be lanterns, but then again don't lanterns follow the same slipstreams of air? Would they not more likely be in a line than a triangle, as that would suggest the bottom lantern has somehow not reached the same air current?

Also lanterns tend to drift in one direction, hard to tell if these are moving at all.

Guess we'll never know?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I totally agree with you Phage. These objects are seen all over and they could easily be tethered chinese lanterns. I've seen atleast 50 videos of these same objects all over youtube. I think its the easiest way to hoax a UFO video.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I just thought what i saw in the begining of the video looked like reflections look at the sky a little to the left of the wall there to the right around 0:05-0:11 as he shakes the camera a little.

Is it possible to tie lanterns together, erm.. y'know kind of like a kite design? 3 lanters tied in a triangle? would they hold together if released at the same time?

Is it possible to release 3 lanterns and not have them in a triangle shape? with three objects they will either be a straight line or a triangle. As a matter of fact if they were not tied together it would be almost impossible to get anything but a triangle, the more they would spread apart the "bigger" the "craft" would be.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Only one thing that bugs me is there have been a lot of sightings in the UK. So far this year Manchester,Oxford have had some that resemble the same craft [anomaly] as well as other counties and in other countries and all about there are videos,photographs etc.. but on many forums and sites all I see is 'Chinese lantern' as being the most used explanation.Please no offense to anyone but I am new as others and still think this is not a hoax personally but until proven that it is or can be explained like other videos,photographs and cases then ok but still I am enjoying the thread

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
Only one thing that bugs me is there have been a lot of sightings in the UK. So far this year Manchester,Oxford have had some that resemble the same craft [anomaly] as well as other counties and in other countries and all about there are videos,photographs etc.. but on to many forums and sites etc.. all I see is 'Chinese lantern' as being the most used explanation.Please no offense to anyone but I am new as others and still think this is not a hoax personally but until proven that it is or can be explained like other videos,photographs and cases then ok but still I am enjoying the thread

k3rm1t.....

From my perspective.....

I'm not stating that unusual things aren't being seen amongst all the "noise".

I am stating that 99.9% of all the photos & videos posted are of chinese lanterns.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Well it isn't like they are hard to come by in Manchester.
www.manchester-fireworks.com...

services.vivastreet.co.uk...

And these guys have free delivery!
www.sky-hi-lanterns.com...

Farmers don't like them too much.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The only issue i'd have with that would be that you've used a window, and there doesn't look to be any kind of window between himself and the object in the sky on his video.

This is easily solved, look.

looking out the window at the balcony.

Now im outside on the balcony, not really i just took two steps forward.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
Only one thing that bugs me is there have been a lot of sightings in the UK. So far this year Manchester,Oxford have had some that resemble the same craft [anomaly] as well as other counties and in other countries and all about there are videos,photographs etc.. but on many forums and sites all I see is 'Chinese lantern' as being the most used explanation.Please no offense to anyone but I am new as others and still think this is not a hoax personally but until proven that it is or can be explained like other videos,photographs and cases then ok but still I am enjoying the thread

Central belt of Scotland my sister phoned me as she had seen lights floating in the sky looking south from her house I said after her discription over the phone Chinese Lanterns look at link please read the comment from the RAF.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Its all over the place

top topics

<<   2 >>

join