It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Vet: "We Were Told to Just Shoot People, and the Officers Would Take Care of Us"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I think those who lobby for war should be forced to fight along with their families, put straight into the most violent places to learn a lesson or (preferably) die off so peace-loving people will inherit the Earth.

Nice. Now how do you personally define Lobby for War?

Support war?

Support the troops?

Support having an army?

Nice vague post you made, giving you a bazillion stars yet I doubt anyone knows what you mean. Who the hell supports WAR ?

(oh and edit - peace loving people will never inHERIT the earth. Humans are a massive tribe of conquering neanderthals. Where you fail I will take over, and if you dont appear to be failing I will make you. such a simple logic, lost on hippies..)

[edit on 9/4/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
jerico65 :

With an AK-47 and a RPG? What sort of "daily business" is conducted with those???

There was NO RPG.

Are you hallucinating again?

Get off the testosterone & steroid drug trip & get your head clear to the FACTS.

There was one AK-47 which is common in Iraq & was hanging casually in no particular threatening manner.

They hovered around for minutes & nobody pointed ANYTHING at them.

This is slaughter of civilians. It is a war crime.

It is a shame, or should be, to every US military person out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My brother is a Army lifer. He has 1 year left and is serving it out in Iraq. He has been there 2 times prior. He doesnt say anything remotely resembling the crap I read about our soldiers on this site.

Why isnt the actions of THIS commander getting any attention?
www.truthout.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

lets face it the world is a #ed up place , and it seems my government is just as bad as yours , but your country can be great , but choses not to be !

Instead they dont care and would rather burn the world to the ground than anyone else live peacefully

Last time I checked, the UK FORFEITED their private arms to their government. To me, THAT was a gesture that the English "could have been great, but chose not to be."

Europe, including the UK, is not at peace. The UK, France, Germany, ALL has forces operating in Afghanistan, Iraq, and with UN objectives. Its not just the US at war, its the entire world at war with itself.

Americans will restore their country to greatness, but it will be an absolute last resort for violence. American citizens are trying desperately to gain control over their government in a PEACEFUL way. American citizens are peace loving people too. Sometimes corrupt government takes hold of the most peaceful citizens of a nation.

Stop being so narrow minded and playing a fruitless blame game. Unity, strength, and truth will set us all free to attain peace. Not with blind hate and prejudice.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is the reason why we can never win the war.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

For every conflict there is a reason or reasons why they are fighting, however illogical. Learn about them. Don't ask questions like "why can't we all get along?" learn why they aren't getting along and start to say things like "Can we all get along if... *solution here*" only then will your voice not fall on deaf ears. Even if your solution wasn't necessarily good enough to stop the fighting, they will listen again next time you come around because you are putting forth an idea, and not just an empty plea to stop.

For all intents and purposes this is a holy war. The Muslims believe their God wants all the infidels out of their holy lands and from what I gather, Bush already said the word crusade. If we really break this thing down it will come to the Israeli Palestinian conflict. From there we will be led to Jerusalem and the Temple Mount.

The thing is religion is being used as a divide and conquer strategy and it works quite well. So we see in our Christian Bible how the three Abrahamic faiths are all stemming from the same God. What we need is the authority on the subject to come forward and ask simply if they really believe God wants us killing eachother over Him.

Who is the authority on the subject matter? The Pope I believe. Well, he has been rendered inept at this point as he deals with his pedophile conspiracy that is in fact a planned event that helps remove the moral obligation to be the voice of reason over all of the violence that grips the world. We will not hear from Caesar as Rome burns, he is playing his fiddle. Is there another way to ask the world plainly if God really wants us killing eachother over Him? I don't know.

If the authority on the matter called a world press conference and reasoned with all the faiths and made everyone realize that we have lost our way it would help a great deal. You and I know that will not happen because the wars have to be perpetuated. People must die and resources must be secured. I am not saying that it is not our fault or trying to exonerate the masses. We all have a hand in this.

The thing is when you really realize what has been done and who is in control it becomes almost a fruitless endeavor to wake people up. If the Pope told everyone plainly that we have clearly lost our way and that the Temple Mount should be vacated and all the faiths should pray that God should show us what He would have done with this piece of real estate I believe we would be on our way. We would see the man behind the curtain or God would in fact do something very spectacular. Either way we would have our answers.

This is what I believe would get us on the right track. So how do I get someone in a position of power to appeal to the three Abrahamic faiths and bring this logical message of peace? I don't know. Maybe by simply discussing it here in some small way brings us closer. The plan that is unfolding, where all the faiths meet in a crescendo of horror, is something that can be avoided. We just have to wake up. This is how I would attempt to resolve the problems first and foremost.

I see your logic in what you have said and thank you for making me think. Can you see where I am coming from? Do you see how far down the road to destruction we have been led? Can you see the grip that the PTB really have on society? They are probably laughing as they realize that some are not fooled by their deception and know that those who have not been fooled can do nothing but watch.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

i call BS, i've known Army soldiers that would not shoot at insurgents firing at them, because the insurgent had a child in front of him and was using him as a human shield. This whole thread started with BS and a "supposed army video" that was "supposedly authenticated by the army", where is the email from the army saying it was real. Or are we to take your word for it?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by freighttrain

SIR YOU ARE AN INTELLECTUAL PYGMY .
england is a country not an island

Actually England is part of the United Kingdom which is the earths "eighth largest island"!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

lol, damn.. i feel bad for my gf sister... she lives out there! Guess when I think of it now.. she can kick some ass, she's a tough little cookie!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Soldiers are not mind readers. There are women suicide bombers. It is a war. What were they supposed to do? Assume the best of the fact that a female was headed their way with what turned out to be a bag of groceries? They may as well have put the gun to thier own head.

Was she in a war zone when this happened? If so, how stupid does she have to be not to realize that the soldiers did not know her intent?

SHE WAS IN A WAR ZONE!!!!!!

I'm sick and tired of people crying foul when "innocent" civilians get killed in a war. This isn't a video game where soldiers get to pick and choose their targets. This is reality. The people they are fighting have no uniforms. They dress like the rest of the population for the benefit of visually fitting in so the soldiers cannot differentiate between the enemy and an innocent bystander. And this fact isn't by accident. It's by design. These people know that Americans, when it comes to war, have weak stomachs and cannot handle the cold,hard truths of war. That innocent people will die.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Double tapping is firing at a wounded person until dead, however many times that takes.

Wrong. A "double tap" is firing two rounds in a person's head. And this is not done while they are wounded, either.

I was taught to fire two rounds in the person's chest, then one to the head. The head shot is in case the person has on body armor.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
There was NO RPG.

Are you hallucinating again?

mypetjawa.mu.nu...

page down to April 8, 2010. There's a loop of a video clip showing a man with an RPG.

Now. who's hallucinating again?

How about a bit of research before you run your suck?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Dude.. that's a LONG range camera.. not an RPG!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Nice. Now how do you personally define Lobby for War?

"Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran." - John McCain - ex Maverick lobbying for war.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I was taught to fire two rounds in the person's chest, then one to the head. The head shot is in case the person has on body armor.

You know j, over the last couple of weeks so much has been said about the WL video, the recent disclosure of Afghani civilian killings, etc, and I have observed some like yourself who seem to be staunch and unapologetic supporters of the military, and others who easily climb on soap boxes and equally denounce and defame our armed forces without knowledge or understanding of context and circumstance.

As per usual mine is an agnostic position premised on the knowledge that life is never black and white ... thus many dynamics and elements of responsibility are in play, and to never extrapolate generalizations about a group of people based on the actions of the few. At he end of the day what I think of situations like this matters little in the grander scheme, for the existential consequences of the actions of those involved in such incidents are theirs to bear every time they look in their mirror ... they are the only ones who really know what was in their hearts at the moment of truth.

All of this to premise the following thought ...

Reading your above quote really gave me a jolt. A deep realization that although many of us coexist on this planet, so many of us truly live on different worlds. I don't only mean the "you don't know what it is like for another man till you walk in their shoes" mantra, I mean something much much deeper than that.

I read those two sentences and have to concede that though I know the words, their meaning as expressed is as foreign to me as if I was reading an alien language ... for there's nothing in that expression that any fiber of my existence can relate to, much less attempt to have an intelligent response to.

I think this is important for it explains so much of the disconnect often expressed between folks on ATS and all over when attempting to have these conversation as the one in this thread. Namely that much on the antagonism is based on the fact that so many of us are simply "built" differently, and though on the surface it may seem we are discussing the same topic, we are in fact having different conversations based on existences that are so vastly foreign to one another.

I hope I am making sense in expressing that which I am attempting to convey ... there's no right and wrong of course, it's just ... it's just ... that I don't know how to be the person that understands the meaning of what you said.

But I thank you for aiding me in this realization.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

that is an outstanding analysis of the video.

i still don't know about identifying an RPG from 5000 yards....but it was still interesting to see.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

you are a man amongst boys, SD. you make perfectly good sense to me.

Wonderful insight. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
Dude.. that's a LONG range camera.. not an RPG!

Well, I don't know. 1000 yards isn't really that long range.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Jazzyguy

AS a veteran this is why I support an across the board military draft, People wouldn’t be so quick to send their kids off to war if they knew their children would see it...

I have saw the horrors of war, but sides (in Iraq) did terrible things, It won’t end unless we say we have had enough.

in reality though it doesn't. it just makes the war that much bigger and bloodier and our country that much less free (since the draft is involuntary servitude). parents of kids that are drafted will probably become extremely supporters of the war actually due to cognitive dissonance. even the ones who were anti-war before will likely become pro-war.

the ones that get drafted will then become pro-war too to justify themselves being sent overseas.

you assume people are rational. most people are prone to psychological errors and are actually very stupid.

this has a genetic bases too. so even smart people will become pro-war. explaining how this is genetic would take a while but essentially, the only way to stop war is to literally just stop. anything else will only prolong and make the war even bloodier.

[edit on 4/9/10 by RedDragon]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I would NEVER serve the white, old, rich politicians in Washington.

Like Obama?

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join