It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Vet: "We Were Told to Just Shoot People, and the Officers Would Take Care of Us"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What did System of a Down say in their song "BYOB"???

"Why don't presidents fight the wars?"

This world is so messed up, it makes me sick. People do things for all the wrong reasons - and don't even know it.

just

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What I dont understand is the laws are broken in peaceful sittuations, and yet you expect them to be upheld when there is a good chance that if your not carefull youll end up red paste on the road. Everybody missed there chace for this to not happen, now it's damage control time. The only guestion is what are you missing now that will give you pause in the future.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I agree with you totally!

Star and flag for the OP too as this is a good topic and post!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
America bashing????? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT? Look at our effing government??????? It's out of control. I mean my god when was the last time you heard anyone bashing Americans i.e. the people, the customs, etc. Never! 99.9% of the time it's bashing the government and our foreign policy and in my opinion if you ARE NOT bashing our government you are a complete idiot with your head buried in the sand. We as Americans have been completely brainwashed and indoctrinated since a young age........(thank the government run public education ) to believe that the USA is this great, pure, altruistic beacon of hope and democracy when in fact the EXACT opposite is true. Especially when it comes to our government. It's utterly corrupt, more than it's ever been so of course you're going to see people increasingly bashing it. Geez! It doesn't take a genius to undestand and it definitely deserves being bashed.

That doesn't mean many of us are not proud to be American, embrace the American people, our history, our beliefs, our freedoms, etc. Quite the opposite. But to blindly swallow this ideal that America is such a just, democratic, altruistic symbol of freedom is pathetic. We as Americans judge ourselves and our country and the direction it is headed not on the basis of other countries, not on the past or the present but WHAT SHOULD AND COULD BE! We as a nation are always trying to better ourselves, to become more free, to become more just, more prosperous and embrace the entire set of ideals and values our country was supposed to and should represent. I dont' care if there are countries out there a lot less free than us or a lot more violent than us. That's not the point. We as a nation were supposed to be world leader in justice, freedom, liberty etc. Wasn't the the entire point of our inception? Sorry but I don't support a government nor a military that says one thing and does another. America's past is blighted that's for sure. I mean we wiped out an entire population of people and took their land. Some will say that's life that's history. Yeah maybe it is. But if we are to progress as human beings and make the world a better place we must overcome those past indiscretions and make sure we aren't repeating them. That is the point to being American.....seeking out and destroying the injustices in our own country and those abroad. I think it's safe to say the US government and the US military do not seek out those goals. Quite the opposite. They are always trying to play an angle..........they hardly care about what's right or wrong. America and Americans absolutely care about what's right and wrong. But judging by some of the posters in this thread and in our greater society that characteristic is sorely lacking.

Rant over......I'll go back to living in my naive utopia of wanting to make the world a better and safer place for my children.

PS SOME OF YOU NEED TO REMEMBER JUST HOW MILITARISTIC AND IMPERIALISTIC OUR COUNTRY IS..............we have over hundreds of military bases in over a hundred countries. We have our dirty little hands in EVERY corner of the world! I mean my god! Wake up! How can anyone support that type of world domination. We police the world? Since when did the world asked to be policed? Why don't we have Japanese, Polish, Saudi Arabian, Turkish, French, German, Soouth Korean, Phillipino, Guam, lol military bases in our country? Because the American people wouldn't stand one goddamn minute of it. Yet we push our culture, our foreign policy on the rest of the world. pathetic!

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
And please keep the America Hate rhetoric to yourself. If America is hated for this, other countries are hated for the same cruelties, war is ugly and this is war.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. You can find plenty of threads here on ATS that are just like this one, but you don't find any that discuss insurgents killing women and children in a crowded market.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
To be honest it seems most of the world problems today to do with war and weaponry stem from america, so you know what you dont tell me to keep it to myself.

Funny, 99% of the insurgents/terrorist out there seem to be armed with AKs, not M4s.

Where was the moral outrage when the Soviet Union was giving away AK47s?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
And trust me.......my rhetoric is far from empty. You'd be surprised who lurks behind the keyboards on ATS buddy. As if all the "warriors" and brave men and women wear a uniform? Please!!!!!! There are a lot of "soldiers" around here lurking on the internet and in US society that will kick ass and take names when the time is right and if need be.

Internet Commandos. Spare me.

You mean like the braintrust on ATS that said if he were under fire, he could easily dodge the bullets?

It wasn't "soldiers" who won the Revolutionary war. It was average people who collectively came together and rose up against the British army and tyranny.

Pssst, sorry to ruin this for you, but the militia, the civilians that stood up to the British in the Revolution, would usually break and run when they were in battle with the British Army.

The Continental Army stood fast and fought.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

The Continental Army was made up by citizens genius. It never reached more than 17,000 men either!

Bottomline is American independence was won through the blood, sweat and sacrifice of average joes.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

And 90% of the Mexican drug cartels are armed with American made weapons. What's your point?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The Continental Army was made up by citizens genius. It never reached more than 17,000 men either!

The Continental Army was made up of citizens that were regular professional Army Soldiers, not some "rag-tag militia" of civilians. The Continential Army is what beat the British Army.

Bottomline is American independence was won through the blood, sweat and sacrifice of average joes.

Average Joes that were professional soldiers. Just like what's in the Army today.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

And 90% of the Mexican drug cartels are armed with American made weapons. What's your point?

That the comment that US arms are behind all the wars and conflicts in the world is wrong.

Klar? Or did you miss that point, too?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Oh brother..........the Continental Army was hardly made up of "professional" soldiers. In fact the Army barely got enough funding and support in the beginning and was plagued with problems. The militias played just as decisive role as the Continental Army. Nice revisionist history there bud.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Did I say they were behind all the wars and violence in the world? The US doesn't need to export it's weapons to other countries like Russia does......it sends enough into its own neighborhoods and inner cities

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Oh brother..........the Continental Army was hardly made up of "professional" soldiers.

These were guys that signed up to be Soldiers. It was there profession. They were not farmers that took up a weapon and went to war.

In fact the Army barely got enough funding and support in the beginning and was plagued with problems.

Sounds like things haven't changed in 200+ years.

The militias played just as decisive role as the Continental Army. Nice revisionist history there bud.

Sorry, Gus. Nothing "revisionist" about it.

Research. It's everyone's friend. Do a little bit and find out the "decisive" role the militia played.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Did I say they were behind all the wars and violence in the world?

No, actually, a poster with the name, "Reading" made the comment and I was directing my post to him. You got your daily exercise by jumping to a conclusion and making a knee-jerk comment.

Take a second, go back and actually read my post, Gus.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

"It's not the Soldiers or Marines that write policy , It's elected officials. "

Could you show me where it is that those who write the policies of war are 'elected' ?

Maybe I am just ignorant and missed something ?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

double post

[edit on 8-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

No, actually, a poster with the name, "Reading" made the comment and I was directing my post to him. You got your daily exercise by jumping to a conclusion and making a knee-jerk comment.

Take a second, go back and actually read my post, Gus.

If this is the case then you should learn how to use the quote function so others can understand what you are responding to.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Because most Americans don't acknowledge treaties that were born out of bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
If this is the case then you should learn how to use the quote function so others can understand what you are responding to.

I did. Go back and check. 6th post from the top.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join