It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Reminds me of the 90's,

Saddam and his Republican Gaurd, who were going to wipe out the US Froces.

A problem is that Iran was never a direct "Allie" of the U.S. as Iraqm, adam was an allie put in place and supported by the U.S. to fight indirectly against the Soviet's, only to be hanged in our time. Iran on the other hand is a completely different ball game. Its citizens are not being thrown in jail or tortured contrary to what the media is blasting across the globe. Its citizen did actually vote and decided that this person should represent them on a global scale.

Just take a look at the threads about anti Iran and pro u.s. vs iran and you begin to see how successful the intrusion of manipulation using the strongest tool in the 21st Century and that tool is called the Media(Newspaper, Television, Radio, Internet.)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Iran was a close ally prior to 1979, even closer than Israel.

All the way back to the 1950s if I recall.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If i was the US, i'd be making a diplomacy right now aKA "Mr. Ahmadinajad, This is Obama here, and i would like you to consider something that will save millions of lives, and Billions of dollar.

As long as we hold office in out respected countries, i will not attack you, and you will not attack me. You can develop nuclear weapons all you want. No sanctions. Just do not use them on us."

Of course, he would have to talk to each other in person.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by Retrovertigo

I doubt that. Actually I doubt it very much. Sure there will be some remnants of the regime jockying for power in the new democratic Iran, but there will be no worldwide attack on the USA. Also Russia and the USA are getting pretty clubby right now, when these guys become friends then it's gonna be a piece of cake my friend

*yawns*

Ok...one more time for the slow kids...

There will be a worldwide attack on US interests and citizens if the US attacks Iran without provocation...By Muslims...You seem to think I'm saying every other country will attack the US...Again, if you could read, which you clearly can't, you'd know I was referring to attacks on US interests and citizens by Muslims world wide...

Now you're either slow, can't read, delibrerately ignoring what I've posted or any comibination of the three...I'm quite happy to keep dancing for as long as you're up for it if its the latter...

All I know is there will be many repeats of 9/11 if the US attacks Iran unprovoked, the US will deserve every single casualty and this time it will be Muslims doing the attacking, unlike last time...

Just like there has been worldwide outrage and attacks after Afghanistan.

Just like there has been after Iraq.

Just like there has been after our involvement in Yemin, Somali, Souther America, and a host of other nations....

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If the C.I.A had actually helped the countries with their infiltration and bought peace to these nations through clever, strategic and peaceful interventions then the world would not hate them.

Don't get me wrong, my countries intelligence agency has done dodgy things in the past but we do it a tad more discretely and usually with less devestating consequences.

No offense intended to American citizens.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't understand why we don't just pull out of the middle east altogether. Lets bring back all the troops from Japan, Germany, Iraq, Afghanistan and stop sending money to Israel. Then lets cut our military budget by a huge chunk. With all the excess money lets just pay down all our debt.

We need to go back to being isolationists like before world war II. Lets focus on making our country great once again. Lets use our military to build something here instead of sending them to destroy things elsewhere in the world.

Israel and Iran will destroy each other, we don't even have to get involved. Let them make their own mistakes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Another stupid quote from an Iranian.

What a bunch of BS

How can any military leader make such a statement? Does he really believe that if the US attacked his country that they would be able not only to beat the US but to kill every US soldier in the region?

He reminds me of the Iraqi minister of propaganda that was reporting some play by play event of the Iraq Army killing American soldiers left and right as our tanks rolled down their main streets.

We will not go to war with Iran, but if we did their military capabilities would be destroyed/crushed in a very short period of time, there is no doubt there, but what would we do after that? And that is why we will not go to war anytime soon with them.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Well we were until Carter turned his back on the Shaw and allowed extremist to take over the country.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The last time we faced that problem we used two nukes.
Where we got them might be a topic of controversy but
we have enough now.
The aiming and arming and firing might be a problem and
blow up at launch so we might go for the original method.
DEW is out of the question as that is for secret missions.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Thats all humans know how to do.

There isn't any innocent nation or ethnic group on this planet.

[edit on 8/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

Well said.

How long has the "End of America" been preached by its enemies?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Iran isnt Iraq and i am sure after 2 decades they must have improved their gear lol

I'm sure after two decades I think our gear is better too...hehe

One thing to remember is the US military right now is the most competent military in the world with nine years of real fighting, and just as importantly nine years of real world equipment improvements.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Well we were until Carter turned his back on the Shaw and allowed extremist to take over the country.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

was that after your country overthrew a democraticaly elected goverment to install the sha in the first place

damn your goverment sure does love to mess with other countries

Iran isnt Iraq and i am sure after 2 decades they must have improved their gear lol

I'm sure after two decades I think our gear is better too...hehe

One thing to remember is the US military right now is the most competent military in the world with nine years of real fighting, and just as importantly nine years of real world equipment improvements.

all we have seen is the US take on third world countries
tell me where the real fight is in that,

[edit on 10-4-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

damn your goverment sure does love to mess with other countries

Now that is something I do agree with for I have had too much middle east dust in my mouth over the years.

all we have seen is the US take on third world countries
tell me where the real fight is in that,

Iraq had top Russian gear...they just looked 3rd world...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Iraq had top Russian gear...they just looked 3rd world...

Iraq,
decades of sanctions
Rotten armed forces
Air force with no training (Almost aircraft bombed the crap out of in 1999?)
the rest buried,
did they even have a navy?

i wouldnt have been supprised if another 3rd world country coundnt have bombed them back to the stone age just as easy.

so yeah i wouldnt call that a real fight.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just joined ATS after being a lurker, and I've read a bunch of your posts. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about, don't you?

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
My god...........people like you are clueless. If the US military ever went up against a real enemy with a solid air force and navy the loss of life would be staggering and the America people would probably lose their stomach.

If the US went up against a "real" enemy, both sides would have a large list of casualites. Right now, wanna guess which army in the world has the most combat experience??

The Iranians are tough bastards. Make no mistake about it. I love seeing all our soldiers over in Astan humping through the desert with all their fancy gear, 60+ pound packs, camel backs, knee and elbow pads, goggles, gloves, etc. None of that crap makes a damn bit of different.

And so is the US Army. Don't fool yourself into thinking we are weak. Yeah, we have a lot of fancy gear, but that just makes killing the enemy easier. NODs to see in the night, Camelbacks so we can hump more water easier, knee and elbow pads so we can hit the ground and take up firing positions quicker.

It does make a difference; it doesn't to you because you aren't there.

80% of the US defense budget is spent on worthless crap and waste.

What is "worthless" to you, based on your military experience?

Our state of the art Navy would be absolutely useless in a ground war with Iran in the desert.

Wrong again. You never heard of cruise missiles and carrier based aircraft, have you? And how many Marines are carried on board Assault Ships.

What is worthless to you I could go on and on...........

Do yourself a favor and stop before you really show your ass.

And most Americans don't have jobs? You will if we start the draft again.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The navy and airforce could level Iran, don't even need ground forces. Iran would be very stupid to start a war. I don't think Obama is giving Israel any hope for backup, so if they make a move, it's on them.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Iraq,
decades of sanctions
Rotten armed forces
Air force with no training (Almost aircraft bombed the crap out of in 1999?)
the rest buried,
did they even have a navy?

Well one decade, and about 99.9% land locked, but yes it was not a fight since it lasted about as long as it took our Army to drive none stop to Bagdad.

Looking at Iran I wonder how they would match up after EVERY runway was bombed and 1000s of missiles hit key tactical and strategic locations without the ability to stop any of it. Then once air superiority is completely in our hands their troops die about as fast as the 200,000 Iraqi troops did without ever having the ability to fire one shot. I would give them a few weeks at best without full involvement of either Russia or China.

Add in 7 years of actual fighting practice and real world equipment development and our army today is extremely better than what it was seven years ago.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

The navy and airforce could level Iran, don't even need ground forces. Iran would be very stupid to start a war. I don't think Obama is giving Israel any hope for backup, so if they make a move, it's on them.

Then you explain to me how the hell the US can loot their resources like they did in Iraq and Afghanistan? If thats the case, Why didn't they just do as you said to Iraq or Afghanistan? Don;t worry, you don't have to answer that question.. its rather too simple and I have already answered that for you in first question.

Secondly; Since when has Iran started a war and why would they. They wont. They will however defend themselves as any country should. What might possibly happen is a false flag to get thing rolling though.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Another stupid quote from an Iranian.

What a bunch of BS

How can any military leader make such a statement? Does he really believe that if the US attacked his country that they would be able not only to beat the US but to kill every US soldier in the region?

I totally agree with you. Its pure ignorance. People tend to forget about the f-22 rape-tors aswell as the fleet of nuclear powered stealth trident submarines that are capable of leveling the whole northern hemisphere..go ahead Iran...make your move..

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Actually can i just say, iran would fall in days simple as that say wot you want but you would be wrong,

The US military is designed for such a war (it would suit them to the ground) afghanistan is a unconventional war, war with Iran would be a modern one, Iran would not know wot hit them, iraq had one of the biggest army's in the world as some one said, now when the USAF & RAF started dropping bombs within weeks it was on its knees, the same will happen in this case should anything happen... i mean iraq beat them for goodness sake,

This guy reminds me of comical ali, deyy are not in bagdad dey have been slaughtered *cue tank enters stage left*

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join