It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

I think the same for a while - media gives us so little from what really is happening, and what is on the table these days. Iranian minister was in China just few days ago and sure there is some negotiations on their way.

Rules... I think breaking rules is maybe giving Israel a hand to start operations against them or using weaponry which has been classified as illegal by Genova treaty.

Who knows?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Reminds me of the 90's,

Saddam and his Republican Gaurd, who were going to wipe out the US Froces.

didnt know this was still the 90s

Iran isnt Iraq and i am sure after 2 decades they must have improved their gear lol

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
Iran isnt Iraq and i am sure after 2 decades they must have improved their gear lol

o.k. o.k. people....

Can all the people that keep saying Iran isn't Iraq just stop overstating the obvious...

Iran is a country

Iraq is a country..

Of course Iran isn't Iraq.

However it doesn't change the fact that if the US and Britain did get involved in conflict with Iran, Iran would be / could be levelled in a matter of days.

I didn't realise there were so many Pro Iranian / Muslim hard-line supporters here on ATS. I wonder....

Fact. USA and Britain have the strongest best equipped army, navy, air force and Special Forces in the world and is the most heavily armed.

What part of this are people missing?

Peace out,

Korg.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
My point was it is hardly surprising that the less free countries in the world grow people with this kind of attitude when you get propaganda instilled into their people at such a young and impressionable age...

a bit holier than thou. whats your idea of "free"...9-5, until your 60, then tossed aside wondering why you wasted all those years paying off gov. debts with tax, when you could have visited babylon, egypt, saudi arabia, or ancient african ruins.

Originally posted by Korg TrinityIf you watched the youtube link you will see that Iranian kids are not watching the likes of teletubbies etc, they are being force fed political fundamentalism

I would Rather have my children learn the political ways of my nation at an early age, than to keep them dumbed down by awful creations such as the Teletubbies.
when you next see a "child genius" on the news, you can keep the notion they were brought up on teletubies, etc, and not informative subjects which dont include retarded sounding characters.

Originally posted by Korg Trinity I'm confused by this comment, I live in England and I would say this country though has its problems does takes care of her own very well.

You must live in a parallel england, homelessness, and unemployment is horrific in london.
aside from the fact heroin and crack has ravaged nearly every workin class area, with no attempt to stop the flow of drugs into the country. visit the slums one day and you'll see how well the government takes care of its own.

Originally posted by Korg TrinityDon't you think we as the luckiest peoples alive in the world today?? Don't you think that we have a responsibility to help other countries reach for the same kind of standard of living and rights that you or I enjoy?
I mean rights such as...
* The right to walk to the shop without the fear of being blown up

This is borderline Propaganda and stereotyping. you live in england and cannot speak for a nation thousands of miles away.
Maybe look at how the english news portrays the youth and knife crime, isnt that the same effect?

Originally posted by Korg Trinity The right to speak your mind in opposition of the government, without being arrested or shot?

No, with the british justice system, we empty clips into innocent men on the train, strangle them in police cells, and run them over in squad cars.
and there are plenty of videos of american people being silenced when asking politicians certain things. check out john kerry and the skull and bones incident.

* The right for women to be held in equal regard as men, and not treated like sex/baby making machines.

That can be very heavily Debated for a long time, but for a real view, ask Womens Rights Groups if they feel the same. i think they'd have a different take.

* The right to set up business without having to give away most of it, to the corrupt army/police in protection money?

Just Corporations and Banks.

* The right to choose what your children learn and where they learn it

Actually the Government Chooses the Curriculum that the children Learn at what age.

* The right to true internet access uncensored not to have limited access to cover and protect the state run propaganda systems

Dont act like censorship is non-existent over hear, because I doubt we would have searched for such a wonderful site as ATS had that been True.

[qoute]Originally posted by Korg TrinityI ought to finally say that the US / UK will only get involved though until / when whatever sparks the conflict occurs, this isn't about invading for these rights its about taking advantage of terrible situation to ensure that these basic human rights are delivered.

Do ours, and our Allies Governments Rule Earth Then?
And I thought we all lived on the 3rd rock away from 1 star out of Trillions.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
From what Iran is saying about wiping out all US Troops, you would thunk they had something up their sleeve?

But that would have to be Nuclear for it to work.

They would be signing their own death warrant if they did that to US Troops.

But surely we would have detected underground testing for them to develop them in the first place?

Unless of course they have purchased a few on the black market?

Or is Mr Pyjamas screwed up in his head like Little Kim in which case he could be even more dangerous?

Iran shouldn't make such statements unless they mean them and can carry out such threats!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChizMasterGrey
a bit holier than thou. whats your idea of "free"...9-5, until your 60, then tossed aside wondering why you wasted all those years paying off gov. debts with tax, when you could have visited babylon, egypt, saudi arabia, or ancient african ruins.

Not holier than thou at all...

I'm a human i'm not better than any other human, I want all humans to have the same rights to live in peace that I have the great fortune to have here in England.

I would Rather have my children learn the political ways of my nation at an early age, than to keep them dumbed down by awful creations such as the Teletubbies.
when you next see a "child genius" on the news, you can keep the notion they were brought up on teletubies, etc, and not informative subjects which don’t include retarded sounding characters.

I take it you don't have kids then??

I do I have two of them and I am fortunate enough to live in a society that allows them to have a childhood, to be children and play and learn at their own pace, to be able to formulate their own ideas on things and then express them in the ways that they can and enjoy.

In England we don't force feed political views on our children, we do however educate them within schools about subjects such as history, science and geography and the arts.

We don't teach them to hate which if you have watched the videos I’ve posted here the Iranian children’s programs quite clearly do.

You must live in a parallel England, homelessness, and unemployment is horrific in London.
aside from the fact heroin and crack has ravaged nearly every working class area, with no attempt to stop the flow of drugs into the country. visit the slums one day and you'll see how well the government takes care of its own.

I grew up in rural Lincolnshire and moved to London at the age of 22, where I lived and worked for nearly 11 years not counting the year I lived in Japan.

Having started a family I moved back to Lincolnshire because I wanted my kids to have a similar up bringing that I had.

I am well aware of the drugs problems some people have, this is not unique to England, England doesn't have a larger problem with drugs than any other nation.

And you say visit the slums?? in London??? You obviously haven't travelled because there are no slums in London. There are a few areas that are run down but most of them are like the richest areas of other countries I’ve visited.

This is borderline Propaganda and stereotyping. you live in england and cannot speak for a nation thousands of miles away.
Maybe look at how the English news portrays the youth and knife crime, isnt that the same effect?

I've travelled extensively, all over Asia and Europe, still haven't done the states yet but do plan to at some point.

It absolutely makes me furious to hear people say England is bad because of the very minor problems we have. In comparison to say the Philippines or Thailand or even closer to home Poland or former checoslovachia or or or....

So I think I'm very qualified to say that compared to other countries we here in England are LUCKY to have such a great country to reside in.

I wish people would not take how great England is to live for granted. There are so many people out there that are just as human and should have the right to kind of comfort living free really is.

No, with the British justice system, we empty clips into innocent men on the train, strangle them in police cells, and run them over in squad cars.
and there are plenty of videos of American people being silenced when asking politicians certain things. check out john Kerry and the skull and bones incident.

I am a member of the conservative party, I will tomorrow be going around in the street engaging with people, hopefully inspiring them to vote this coming election. To be there to talk about how I feel this government (Labour) have made a complete miss management of several critical areas...

I live in England I have the freedom to do this...

If an Iranian person were to do the same they are likely to be arrested at best and shot at worst. See what happened when the Iranian government opposition took to the streets recently to protest??

And what about Iraq??

What do you think would happen if you without protection went into the streets to speak against any of the parties?? Yep you would likely be shot at, or an RPG would be whistling towards you and anyone else near you.

* The right for women to be held in equal regard as men, and not treated like sex/baby making machines.

That can be very heavily Debated for a long time, but for a real view, ask Women’s Rights Groups if they feel the same. i think they'd have a different take.

You are joking surely???

Hey... Whether you like it or not, Women are Human Beings... they are people... They have just as much right to choose what is right for them as individuals without being treated as cattle.

If a woman chooses to stay at home and have children then that is her right. If however she wants to start up her own business and employ some people that is her right too...

I know some women that manage to do both, not so uncommon these days, women can have kids and still have a career.

What is it with Muslim men?? Real men don't have to force the women in their lives to be with them, it about mutual consent.

Maybe if you treated your women with more respect you would know what it’s like to have a woman truly love you.

Peace Out,

Korg.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Thats all humans know how to do.

There isn't any innocent nation or ethnic group on this planet.

[edit on 8/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

Haha, how pathetic. Don't blame this on the whole world to make yourself feel better about what the US is doing.

When the Nazis where invading and killing, did you think "men, it's not their fault, it's humanity in general". NO, those who are doing it now need to be held accountable NOW. Not blamed as a result of humanity.

Millions of Iraqi civilians dead, and you ain't gonna go blaming other nations who aren't involved in this disgusting war for resources, just to make it seem less mosterous.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChizMasterGrey

ChizmasterGrey is bang on. I agree with everything he has stated. We don't get to decide what is good for others, we can't take care of ourselves.

We are no different than them. The only difference is we have the illusion of choices and freedoms. We have no choices. All the importance things like political party. There is really only one party and they don't work for the people.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by macaronicaesar]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by macaronicaesar]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Iran is bluffing, and they don't have the military to back it up. Fear not, they speak out of fear, as do the North Koreans.

The US does not want war with Iran, they want a peaceful world family of cooperative nations, united in purpose for world peace through fair trade.

The flags of the nations of the Earth that want war will fall like the old stately redwoods of California....with a lot of noise, followed by silence.

There will be world peace.

What an ironic post. The US wants peaceful world, which is why they print money outta thin air, and manufacture reasons to invade other nations, for their resources as well as establishing a never ending presence in a place they do not belong in.

If you are correct about the flags of nations who want war to fall, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS?! All of the characteristcs you pointed out as refering to other nations, fit the US like a glove, and I can't believe you are so blind as to not see it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
From what Iran is saying about wiping out all US Troops, you would thunk they had something up their sleeve?

But that would have to be Nuclear for it to work.

They would be signing their own death warrant if they did that to US Troops.

But surely we would have detected underground testing for them to develop them in the first place?

Unless of course they have purchased a few on the black market?

Or is Mr Pyjamas screwed up in his head like Little Kim in which case he could be even more dangerous?

Iran shouldn't make such statements unless they mean them and can carry out such threats!

Another oblivious person. Ask yourself why they make these threats in the first place.

Ask yourself who is stirring up an area of the world that does not welcome it's presense.

You post like the US is doing a good thing, and therefore everyone else who decides to stand up is an enemy.

The very fact that the US military invaded Iraq under a false pretext, which has actually been confirmed to be FALSE, should you understand where the strong dislike of other nations come from.

For example,if the tables were turned, and Russia invaded Mexico under a flase reason. And there was an obvious tension between the US and Russia as a result of that. Would you really not understand why others would rightfully be telling you to go F with someone else.

It's like most of you have one of those horse patches at the corner of both your eyes, that allows you to only look towards one direction.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If anyone thinks Iran would be fighting alone, they are naive.

Plus, if the USA battles Iran we will for the first time in modern history experience what "real casualty" numbers are like. And as we become "committed" to that war and weakened slightly Iran's allies will become tempted to join the fight.

We are strong, but we are not "invincible". We bleed just like our enemies do.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yet another same kind of threat!

US will be trapped in 'quagmire' if Iran attacked

The United States will become bogged down in a quagmire if it carries out a "crazy act" against Iran, top hardline cleric Ahmad Khatami said on Friday as he blasted Washington's new nuclear policy.

Khatami, known for his anti-US vitriol, said in a Friday prayers sermon at Tehran university that Iran's friends will strike back at American interests if it is attacked.

"We have heard these threats over and over, but rest assured: if they go ahead with a crazy act, then they will be trapped in a quagmire they won't be able to get out of," he said.

"Dealing with Iran is playing with the lion's tail... if the US wants to act crazily, then friends of the Islamic revolution will endanger America's interests."

wire.antiwar.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If the US is silly enough to engage in military action against Iran there will be a world-wide jihad by Muslims of many different flavours against the US and anyone stupid enough to act with the US, their citizens and their interests...And quite rightly so...

The amount of rage caused in the Muslim world would be nothing like you have ever seen before...I have several Muslim friends, one of them is Iranian, they've told me there is talk about this issue at the various mosques they attend...It isnt officials of the mosque (imams or others) talking like this, it is the people who attend the mosque and they're talking very quietly about it...

If this issue blows up, talk will lead to action in many countries throughout the world very quickly...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm never quite sure what the purpose of these threads is. Iran and North Korea are always making these "Mother of all wars" type of statements.

All it ever shows is their complete lack of socialization and inability to converse instead of threaten.

Why do so many of you lap it up, could you imagine if the US made statements like this?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

What............... Like the Mother of all Battles? Being realistic Iran will be much like Iraq. Taking out the Iranian military will be a walk in the park, the US is light years in advance and total victory is assured, it's just the years following that may cause problems insurgency wise, then again it might be like Germany post 1945, happy that the evil has been evicted and happy that the USA is there to protect.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

What............... Like the Mother of all Battles? Being realistic Iran will be much like Iraq. Taking out the Iranian military will be a walk in the park, the US is light years in advance and total victory is assured, it's just the years following that may cause problems insurgency wise, then again it might be like Germany post 1945, happy that the evil has been evicted and happy that the USA is there to protect.

No...I'm not talking about how any military attack on Iran might go, you'd know that if you had read my post properly...

I'm talking US and its partners interests being attacked worldwide and the killing of US and its partners citizens in retaliation for any unprovoked attack on Iran...

And it will be more than justified if an unprovoked attack on Iran happens...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
iran is just threatened thats all, they're not stupid they can see what happening right in front of their eyes...

there obviously must be a war, whether its this year, nxt year, next 10 years, there will be a war with iran, even a donkey can figure it out...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I doubt that. Actually I doubt it very much. Sure there will be some remnants of the regime jockying for power in the new democratic Iran, but there will be no worldwide attack on the USA. Also Russia and the USA are getting pretty clubby right now, when these guys become friends then it's gonna be a piece of cake my friend

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I doubt that. Actually I doubt it very much. Sure there will be some remnants of the regime jockying for power in the new democratic Iran, but there will be no worldwide attack on the USA. Also Russia and the USA are getting pretty clubby right now, when these guys become friends then it's gonna be a piece of cake my friend

*yawns*

Ok...one more time for the slow kids...

There will be a worldwide attack on US interests and citizens if the US attacks Iran without provocation...By Muslims...You seem to think I'm saying every other country will attack the US...Again, if you could read, which you clearly can't, you'd know I was referring to attacks on US interests and citizens by Muslims world wide...

Now you're either slow, can't read, delibrerately ignoring what I've posted or any comibination of the three...I'm quite happy to keep dancing for as long as you're up for it if its the latter...

All I know is there will be many repeats of 9/11 if the US attacks Iran unprovoked, the US will deserve every single casualty and this time it will be Muslims doing the attacking, unlike last time...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

as easy as you make it sound in spilling the blood of others,
maybe you could take a walk in the park of Iran after the intial bombs have dropped

your Life is as expendiable as anyone elses.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join