It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

Originally posted by elevatedone
Reminds me of the 90's,

Saddam and his Republican Gaurd, who were going to wipe out the US Froces.

Damn right. I can remember those jerks parading around with their black scarves and looking badass...once a rocket or two hit the ground, they all run like chicken.
Luckily for oil suppliers, Middle-East countries are just not disciplined enough to cause damage. All they do is plant IEDs at night and mutilate journalists in caves.
Iran won't survive an attack by any country. More, their people is far more educated than the Iraqis and a lot of them UNDERSTAND what democracy means. That's the big difference

i love it when brainless folks underestimate thier enemy.

first of all, iran is not iraq.
and the iranians are not iraqis

not that we got that out of the way...

go study the iraq iran war...

iraq did the surprise attack, they had all the advanced weapons, with the foregn support of over 20 countries including billions from saudi arabia, yet the iranian still managed to push the iraqis back in iraq...

as an iraqi i can confirm that a war with iran will result in the collapse of the USA... WORD!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isosceles

I do indeed believe everyone should enjoy those rights. I guess I just disagree with you on how to go about bringing those rights to other countries. The thousands of people who will die in the process of us bringing them those rights will never get to enjoy them. The thousands of survivors probably won’t really care for their new found rights, as they will be too busy mourning the loss of their loved ones.

The trouble is the circumstances in these countries means there is very little in way of alternatives.

We have tried and succeeded in the past with regime change covertly through revolution, but this takes a long long time and the situation in ME doesn't give us that length of time before it implodes.

I might also add that both my Granddads (god rest their souls) fought in the Second World War. How many people chose to fight for these rights? how many people died to maintain these rights?

I can tell you that somewhere between 60 to 70 million people died in that war alone. They died so that my family can enjoy the freedoms we have. And we should NEVER forget that.

Sometimes you have to go through the hardship to get to the peace.

But as I said earlier, it won't be the west that sparks this off, it will come from within. The west will be brought to the table by default, and that is our chance to extend these basic freedoms to those unfortunate innocent souls.

If we don't, then people will die and nothing will have changed, the people will still mourn their dead but they won't be free.

peace out,

Korg.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickle_And_Hammer
Honestly, if it's self defense, I don't have an qualms about that, those guys shouldn't be over there to begin with, and they should let their sergeants and commanders know that. They should mention that this is not a war worth fighting considering they will inevitably lose, as all nations have before them and all will after them.

Then their commanders will push the demand up through the ranks until the military understands that it is not an occupation force, but a defensive one, and nothing about invading and then occupying a foreign country is defensive.

[edit on 4/8/10 by Sickle_And_Hammer]

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! yep, cuz the bottom up is exactly how the military works, I wish I had a star to give you for saying trhe most ridiculous thing I've heard all week.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I can't help but think this is going to work just swell

The US has been playing the Call of Duty game in Iraq now for more than 8 years now and Iraq had really crappy hardware. They started with about 20 Million Iraqiies and probably down to about 18.5 Million now.

They can't even win against the "Insugents" with AK47's, so how is this going to play out with a bigger country, with more people that hate Americans and have more weapons.

They could always drop 1,500 nukes, but that would just kill everything in the northern hemispere from the fallout.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
us wont attack iran ...

they prefer to attack countries that dont have an army

Reeealy? You actually believe that?

If you recall Irak had quite the well equipped and well trained army prior to 1991. Don't think the US would hesitate because of that. First off it would be a technical battle. Stealth and missiles, precision strikes for everyone. Only once the communications are confirmed down would any ground forces be utilized. Check your history, Irak was a perfect example.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

They can't even win against the "Insugents" with AK47's, so how is this going to play out with a bigger country, with more people that hate Americans and have more weapons.

You know there was an English boxer called Prince Naseem, Now Being a boxing fan I watched most of his fights and I got to tell you that he wasn't really hard as nails or better prepared than most of his opponents yet his record was

Total fights 37
Wins 36
Wins by KO 31
Losses 1

How did he do it??

He did it because he was so unconventional in his style, that he could hit an opponent from litrally anywhere... The opponent could not see or predict where it was coming from.

Now relate that to Iraq.

There you have the best equipped and trained army in the form of the coalition fighting against insurgence. The people that are shooting at the coalition look and act like civilians. There is little the coalition can do to prep or defend until after the first strike.

Consider this.

If you walked down the street with a machine gun, yet someone walking towards you who looks like everyone else decides to take a pot shot or blow themselves up when walking past you... what chance do you have??

Peace Out,

Korg.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
And we are supposed to get all inflamed &/or scared by this?

Not all of us are irrational, psychopathic testosterone/steroid driven junkies.

We are cool, we are rational, we are effective or we are just another bunch of losers, which is what this guy is hoping we are.

But please, let's make a rhetorical, hyperballistic news issue out of this, which this Iranian military punk wants us to.

FOX news will eat it up raw.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by Awory

That's the entire point...........Iranians won't have to engage us head on military to military to wreak havoc on US forces. Hell they are already supporting the insurgency in Afghanistan and look how much of a headache they are causing. Where the hell do you think the Taliban and other terrorists are getting all their funding, weapons, support?

Well you see, there is the problem for the Taliban... If Iran's military and government infrastructure are all of a sudden decimated, the financial and arms support to the Taliban would eventually wither away. I'm pretty sure the attack would also include known trafficking routes for these resources going to Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Looks like Iranian rhetoric is still gathering peoples attention, also in ATS - and that is just why this rhetoric is used... To raise talks. Se lets talk

Attack to Iran will cause war in multiple fronts, that is what is most great difference if we compare attack to Iran to invasion of Iraq, which I see is totally another war every ways and cant be compared.

1. Iran is one minded in general - there is one ruling religion and central governed population. In last public day we waited uprising of opposition which turns out very small and lame - nothing has happened since that.

2. Iran is not weakened by ten years of "no fly" zones and full blockade. Its country which has high self builded military and factories to make more what needed in battles. Blockade will not stand their own weapon factories.

3. Multiple fronts with 4 million man army:
- Seeways can be mined and block with new generation ground to sea missiles (Sunburns)
- Sneak attacks against US Navy and missile attack toward enemy bases
- Shiia uprising inside Iraq by arming Al Sadr mahdi army
- Hezbollah starting wars in Lebanon with Syria involved
- Palestinian armed third intifada and uprising
- Coopeation with Taleban and war against USA in Afghanistan soil
- Yemen rebels attacking sea routes
- Jordan involvement and aid to muslim nations, possible another front
- Domestic problems fueled in Egypt and Turkey
- Growing Pakistan-Iran cooperation and attacks from pakistan against allied forces in Afghanistan
- War in ME gives North Korea momentum to attack South Korea
- Attack in Iran opens Russian and Chinese momentum to make moves in their strategic border states: Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Tadzhikistan and Uzbekistan.

... So in my eyes Iran is not war what can win, but what will break balance of power in whole region.

That means US Forces will die - vanish in multiple fronts which will open against their interest.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Iran has been the enemy of the Taliban, because Iran is mostly Shiite & Taliban is Sunni.

Please people get your hyperbole straight,

or at least so it is not completely irrational & laughable.

How can you have a coherent policy when so many people have their heads where the sun don't shine instead of up where reality is?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I can't disagree more.

It all comes comes down to, can't win in Iraq, how can they possibly win in Iran.

Has Iraq improved in any way since 2001, that would be No
Has the Middle-East become more stable since 2001, absolutly Not
Has the US become more respected in the World or Iraq for that matter, also No
Do people in the US feel safer now than before 2001, again No

All those Soldiers and all that money wasted just so that not one Israele
gets a hair out of place on their head. That's all it's for, also the oil but
mainly the hair out place thing.

link   
i found this video and thought i'd share it... the iranians are truly brave

lets also remember that the prophet muhammed had said that a black bannered army will come from khorasan (moden day iran & afghanistan)

[edit on 9-4-2010 by RizeorDie]

link   
I find it hilarious how many Americans are beating their chests about how technologically advanced the U.S military is and how they'll totally destroy Iran.

That may be so, but you'll end up with the same kind of situation that you have now in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This can only end with one thing.

The American empire collapsing like a house of cards.

Oh there are those who try to deny this will ever happen, but believe me, it will. You need only look at history to see that empires come and go. America is (contrary to the flimsy facade it tries to put up) an empire and it too will end.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Another threat from Iran, every 12 hours I think...

Iran sends U.S. warning on national nuclear day

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's "allies around the globe" would retaliate against any strike by the United States, an influential cleric said Friday ahead of a speech by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the progress of Iran's nuclear project.

Ahmad Khatami, a staunch Ahmadinejad supporter, said Washington would run into a quagmire if it attacked. President Barack Obama is pushing for new U.N. sanctions against Iran but has not ruled out military action to stop it getting a nuclear bomb.

"If America makes a crazy move, its interests will be endangered by Iran's allies around the globe," Khatami, a member of Iran's powerful Assembly of Experts, said at Friday prayers at Tehran University.

www.washingtonpost.com...

- They would not make these continuous threats, if someone is really there threating them.

- Maybe we are in the very edge mof war?

- I think so.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

Common enemy makes rivalries to come as friends. Always happened in war history - And much USA has accused Iran from arming Taliban fighters in Afghanistan lately in media? I think about weekly.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

In my opinion an attack on Iran (conventional or otherwise) would be a game changer for the region and for the Iranian regime itself, as it would enable to them to unleash forces into both Iraq and Afghanistan as liberators of the oppressed.

On the one hand, Iran does not have the power projection/supply capability at the moment to place forces outside that area, but on the other hand it does have the capability to consolidate a base of operations that spans from Pakistan to Iraq.

The Iranian proxies around the ME would be able to tie up Israel, and those in North Africa would also prose a problem.. Hence I guess why the West are looking at other sources of oil outside the region, such as Libya and the Falklands.

I also think a lot of deals are currently being done over places that both Russia and China have designs on to ensure the integrity of their spheres of influence, I would say those spots and those deals will give a good indicator as to what will happen next and who will side with who or who stay neutral when this mess explodes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
In Badr, 300 men defeated an army of 1000, with the terrified last running away IN FEAR.

Yea, - if ye remain firm, and act aright, even if the enemy should rush here on you in hot haste, your Lord would help you with five thousand angels Making a terrific onslaught.
(Qur'an)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Come on guys, Iraq was defeated in days literally days. Completely. We are not fighting these guys anymore, what is going on over there now is us trying to rebuild and get things half way decent for them over there and while we are doing this rejects are taking pot shots on our guys left and right. There is no Iraqi army anymore that isnt under US control. Even with the bad things US can and has done in battles, for the most part we fight fair and by the "rules" and its lucky for these people we still do this. We let them run to their little mosques and holy off limit sites when they pop some shots and run off while a soldier is doing nothing but trying to gaurd a load of contractors trying to build some new schools and such. Again Im not going to say the US hasint done some messed up crap over there, but again as a whole and for the most part we are attempting to act like professionals and get a job done.

There will always be packs of roaming militants over in the ME. Alot of these guys will never listen to reason and will die because of this. But it would be the exact same scenario if we do decide to attack, they will be crushed in days or weeks as far as the standing army and government and this will do what its intended to do, set them back another 10yrs at least on their nuclear ambitions and disrupt the whole aiding terrorist routine.

And quit deluding yourselves thinking China or Russia would do anything other than sell junk to the insurgents behinds the scenes and grumble in UN meetings. NOBODY from a civilized nation will choose Iran over US.

Sure some of you USA haters will think this is just chest beating saber rattling bravado. But its nothing but the unavoidable truth of the matter. Now lets just hope it doesnt come to this and Iran comes to its senses before its too late.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Wiz4769]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

"But if you're not going to play by the rules, if you're going to be a proliferator, then all options are on the table in terms of how we deal with you," he told reporters.

What rule ? The biased rules made by the UN ?

Comment not directed toward the poster, but rather the subject at matter.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

Trying to make things half way decent for them ?
After your country obliterated their country.. The US military complex destroyed Iraq and its infrastructure. Now you have the corporate American elite over there making billions off rebuilding Iraq's infrastructure after making billions from destroying it. All in the expense of the Iraqi people and the American tax payer. When the Americans leave, they will leave Iraq in debt up to their eyeballs. Massive amounts of birth defects. Millions dead. They will also leave behind an Iraqi puppet government.

Job well done!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join