It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
One of the biggest differences with Iran is that the Iranian people aren't looking to be "freed". I think Americans would find themselves being greeted by Iranian civilians with AK47s rather than children in the streets looking for handouts and residents welcoming their arrival in their village. Not that all Iranians are happy with their government, but that's a far cry from welcoming an invasion by a foreign nation. You'd have a war more like Vietnam than Afghanistan or Iraq. When the indigenous population isn't looking to be "saved", it's a whole different ball game.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
See, IMO, people GREATLY overestimate the US military. It appears you think all your cool planes, and fancy technology will save you. It WONT.

The Iranians are brave people. Id hate to have to fight them.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Senz20]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
This is a funny debate. We have the America haters, and those who think Iran would be leveled in minutes.

Iran can say anything it wants to. N. Korea can say whatever they want, so can Russia.

The guy in the White House isnt going to do anything. It doesnt matter.

When you leader believes that all of the ills of the world are his nations fault, there is no way he would attack anyone, for anything. Just the news piece the other day about not nuking anyone who attacks us shows that no matter what happens, we will just sit here and take it.

If anyone goes after Iran, its Israel, Obama wont back them, he has no reason to.

israel IS america, never mind the false dialogue they report.

1 in, both in. and since when can you believe a politician, especially an american one!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
us wont attack iran ...

they prefer to attack countries that dont have an army

lol ... war against insurgents really? if you get your home destroyed, I bet you would become an insurgent

deny ignorance

Iraq had one of the 10 biggest armies in the world when we attacked... we weren't even full force and still beat the living day lights out of them.

Originally posted by Senz20
See, IMO, people GREATLY overestimate the US military. It appears you think all your cool planes, and fancy technology will save you. It WONT.

The Iranians are brave people. Id hate to have to fight them.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Senz20]

I'm anti-war at all costs, against the Iraq and Afghan Wars, but you're just naive if you think we'd bat an eye at Iran's military. Their guerrilla militias would be the problem (like in Iraq)...but hate to break it to you...well, clearly anti-Americans but there isn't a country on Earth that could stand up to the U.S. military. China failed at invading Taiwan for Christ sake, and Russia dirty poor. Those "fancy" technologies aren't something you want to mess with. I'll give you an AK-47 and a legion of military members and I'll take a Predator drone. We'll see who wins.

Anyhow, the U.S. will never invade Iran, so it's moot anyhow.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Senz20

yes, your post reminded me of the vietnam war, where a bunch of skinny asians with bycycles defeated the US, despite the latter's overwhelming technical superiority.

and was it the persians invented chess?

and do the iranians have sunburst torpedoes already? if so, better the US navy stays out of the gulf. but it most likely cannot afford to stay out in order to protect the oil supply routes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
SO.... you guys are just going to continue paying taxes, even though your government (which is a corporation that depends on YOUR labour to operate) is almost certain to go to war and kill thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians? The truth is, you are for the most part cowards, and would project any form of misery upon any of your other fellow beings/selves/brothers/sisters than face the problem, the MONSTER that you've created through your ineptitude and apathy. Congratulations, you are ruining the world through inaction.

TIME TO WAKE UP

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
reply to post by Senz20

yes, your post reminded me of the vietnam war, where a bunch of skinny asians with bycycles defeated the US, despite the latter's overwhelming technical superiority.

You obviously don't know any history around Vietnam, did you know China invaded Vietnam at one point too? Got their ass beat. We also first field tested the M-16 in Vietnam and it continually malfunctioned. So many things to name, and they did have an air force and were bankrolled by a larger nation, hardly Asians on bicycles...though that is actually a pretty racist thing to say.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Iran is bluffing, and they don't have the military to back it up. Fear not, they speak out of fear, as do the North Koreans.

The US does not want war with Iran, they want a peaceful world family of cooperative nations, united in purpose for world peace through fair trade.

The flags of the nations of the Earth that want war will fall like the old stately redwoods of California....with a lot of noise, followed by silence.

There will be world peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

You live in a fantasy. Really, what do you know about war? I read your posts and they are really just full balogna. If I were you I would find a different topic to dicuss, one you are able to ubderstand: barf:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Big words for a little rat of a country. I am sorry but they will throw up their hands just like they did in Iraq. Most of the people dont even like the government over there. They want change and as soon as they can taste it they will jump ship just you watch.

Remember when the Anti -American bandwagon was saying that the Iraq war would be a killing field. Iran will be like Iraq

And just for the record I hate all of these wars and want them to end but it does not change the truth.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
We were told Iraq had a more powerful army than Iran...

...Look what happened to the Iraq army. Quashed in 1 day.

I still very clearly remember the news report where tariq aziz was saying that the Iraqi army was winning and that the americans were in retreat just at the point where you can see clearly the US and UK tanks rolling down the highways behind him.

Bagdad fell that same day....

Often those that speak the loudest have little to back it up.

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Once again I must say that many of our ATS members need to find other things to do than sit on this site and become a syco reading and believing everything...or not! How much of the current events do you really know, none, military experience, none, political experience, none. The only conspirancy you really know is in your user name. Yes I said USER.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

oh wow, I cannot comprehend the arrogance that is infested in your mind and the minds of some of the other guys on here.. this is amazing!

someone might hate their government but they won't accept a foreign country coming in and occupying them.. from your crap, it would seem like iraq and afghanistan would be peaceful by now, why arent foreign troops being greeted there? why are they still being attacked? its been almost a decade in the latter's case, the people still hate you!

maybe you are lost in your dellusional fantasies or just too much of a stubborn, fascist-minded prick, but the reality is quite different to what you see it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherbob

oh wow, I cannot comprehend the arrogance that is infested in your mind and the minds of some of the other guys on here.. this is amazing!

someone might hate their government but they won't accept a foreign country coming in and occupying them.. from your crap, it would seem like iraq and afghanistan would be peaceful by now, why arent foreign troops being greeted there? why are they still being attacked? its been almost a decade in the latter's case, the people still hate you!

maybe you are lost in your dellusional fantasies or just too much of a stubborn, fascist-minded prick, but the reality is quite different to what you see it.

Did you even read the part were I said I am against the war? Or is this more of a personal attack? And let me guess you were one of the bright individuals who said we would lose the Iraq war right? Arrogance has nothing to do with it but military power does and the people of Iran are not going to fight for someone they hate get it or do you need me to draw you a pretty picture?

And next time try using spell check I was going to fix them for you but there was to many mistakes. How's that for arrogance.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by butcherbob

Did you even read the part were I said I am against the war? Or is this more of a personal attack?

This is not on at all!!

Butcherbobs, you need to stop right now or get reported to the mods.

I see absolutly no reason to attack subjective truth like that. What he said reflects exactly my feelings on this subject and I am willing to bet that it reflects how the majority of people feel on this subject.

No one wants War, people are interested and passionate about the reasons to go to war, and the political manauvering.

These comments from Iran saying they are stonger than the US / Colition is to me a country with little person syndrome.

Remember the smallest dog has to bark the loudest.

Peace out,

Korg.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Thanks and some posters just want to pick a fight rather then debate the facts of the case. Anti-American fever I call it. And most of them have one thing in common the are blinded by hate and dont see the simple things like what the other person is actually trying to say.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Iran has a modern infrastructure, and if the US/Britain destroys it all and kills civilians, another 50 million Iranian's will hate you on top of the 20 million that already hate you/us.

Just to clear things up a bit, this is all POLITICS.
My experiences with the Iranians is quite good. The ones that I do know do not hate Americans, Brits, etc. It is the politics that make everyone upset, not the people!!

I spent two weeks on an Iranian jack-up rig (Iran Kasar) off Turkmenistan in the Caspian Sea. All of the personnel on the rig were Iranian, except one Turkman / Russian. They were extremely hospitable, e.g.: If I came in the "senior" recreation room after dinner and they were watching a movie in Farsi, they would ask if I wanted to watch something in English. I could have beefburgers, french fries or any western type food that they could accommodate.

Another experience I had last year for a few months was on another Iranian jack-up mud pump tender / power generation rig (Rig Alvand) in the Persian Gulf, 20 miles from Iran. Again no problems at all.

One last obfuscation: I spent a week in the Syrian desert on a Croation rig 30 miles from the Iraqi border, TWO WEEKS after 9/11!!!

I have lived here in the ME for over 5 years and have never experienced any problems as an American.
(BTW, after 35 years of travel with the US Navy and a large US corp. the only problem I really ever had was in France when Carter was Pres. We were considered wimps!!

Thanks for listening and sorry for the length.
Tom

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Would you say that it could be possible for a limited American attack that would allow the Iranian people to finish the job and do what the majority wants? It seems like most of them thirst for freedom and hate their own government. I could be wrong but that is my impression of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Most of the people dont even like the government over there

And? We shouldn't underestimate the Persian character. I know it's hard to belive but Americans aren't the only ones with pride.

I like how everyone says we beat Iraq in one day...we annihilated them..like it's something to be proud of. In anycase...coalition soldiers are dying everyday, I don't consider that a victory.

America ( and her partners in crime) is very good at traditional warfare, but warfare hasn't been traditional for a long time.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherbob

Well are you going to come back and discuss the issues or are you thinking up a new strategy of personal attack? Let me ask you this do you believe that Iran has the military might to ward off a attack from the Americans? And if so why?

I think this has little to do with the Iranian issue with you and more to do about your hate of America. And when you get confronted you tuck tail and run because you dont have facts only a agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join