It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

www.presstv.ir

Iran's Armed Forces Chief of Staff Major General Hassan Firouzabadi has warned the US against making any military moves on the Islamic Republic.

Firouzabadi said that if the United States attacks Iran, none of the American troops in the region will go back home alive.

"If the US seriously threatens Iran and takes an action against Iran, none of the US soldiers in the region will return to America alive," Fars news agency quoted him as saying on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hard words from Chief of Iranian forces in recent headlines... In this moment of "peace in papers, war of words" - I see it like situation 70 years ago, after German attack to Poland, and before invasion of France.

In Gaza, which is the key factor for coming events, situation stays tense - no day without new clashes and victims. Today there is again news from Israel using forces inside Gaza:

www.presstv.ir...

And palestinians making attacks toward IDF forces in border:

www.haaretz.com...

I see that there is no other way than Iranian - US war when Israel strikes in the region. Situation is going to stalemate, and I see that aggression towards Lebanon or even strike against Gaza can launch domino effect in ME.

From hard words to pull the trigger - it can happen easy. Just a small false flag can launch WW3.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
us wont attack iran ...

they prefer to attack countries that dont have an army

lol ... war against insurgents really? if you get your home destroyed, I bet you would become an insurgent

deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Honestly, if it's self defense, I don't have an qualms about that, those guys shouldn't be over there to begin with, and they should let their sergeants and commanders know that. They should mention that this is not a war worth fighting considering they will inevitably lose, as all nations have before them and all will after them.

Then their commanders will push the demand up through the ranks until the military understands that it is not an occupation force, but a defensive one, and nothing about invading and then occupying a foreign country is defensive.

[edit on 4/8/10 by Sickle_And_Hammer]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
us wont attack iran ...

they prefer to attack countries that dont have an army

lol ... war against insurgents really? if you get your home destroyed, I bet you would become an insurgent

deny ignorance

You are a fool if you think that the US would not get pulled into the ME mess if the fit hit the shan.

Israel V. Iran = USA V. Iran

And if the USA get pulled in to the conflict then in goes Britain...

I very much doubt Iran could survive barrage upon barrage of cruise missiles coupled with constant bombardment from sortie after sortie after sortie....

Troops would not be needed until the clean up.

This conflict when / if it occurs would not be WWIII btw... its just another move within the game of chess that has been playing out over the last 25 years.

The sad thing is that when / if this should happen the innocent will suffer, but there is nothing any of us can do to prevent that... Nothing.

Let Peace Reign,

Korg.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Troops couldn't go in Iran at all unless the US forces completely levels the place and kills or wounds many tens or hundreds of thousands of civilians, the armed Iranian military forces will still be in place waiting for the 'troops to come in and clean up', fighting an insurgency that would make America's forces reel.

I'm pretty sure Iran learned a lot during NATO's actions on Iraq. Not too long ago Iran was at war with Iraq.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Indirect threat of nukes and or biological weapons.

They haven't even gotten the N bomb yet, and already they are pushing their weight around.

Nukes will fly soon enough.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Reminds me of the 90's,

Saddam and his Republican Gaurd, who were going to wipe out the US Froces.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Troops couldn't go in Iran at all unless the US forces completely levels the place and kills or wounds many tens or hundreds of thousands of civilians,

This is exactly my point. I totally agree with you.

And its very sad that so many innocent good people would die in such a conflict very sad in deed. But that would most certainly be the outcome.

And the clean up would be far easier to manage than many are led to believe due to the fact that 90% of the infrastructure will have been levelled by air strikes.

The retaliation though I suspect would not be the lives of the American army so much, it would come in the form of yet more people willing to strap bombs on themselves...

The whole situation is desperately sad.

Why can't people just get along??

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would recommend the "Understanding Arabs" book for anyone that wants to deal with the Middle East. While the Iranians are not Arab (they are Persian) they have some similarities in the way they speak. You do not say "We will beat them". You say "We will crush them totally and scatter their ashes to the four winds". You do not say "we will inflict heavy losses on them". You say "Not a single Soldier will survive".

As for the US attacking countries with no armies, Iraq did have one of the largest in the world even after the Gulf War. Granted they could not match the US technology, very few countries can. It is one of the goals of the defense budget is to ensure that few countries could afford near parity with the US military. It simply costs them too much. And keep in mind that currently the US military budget consumes roughly 4 percent of GDP. In Vietnam it was about 12 percent, and under Regean was slashed down to 9.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

They attack anyone they want, they have had weather control and a "death ray" since Tesla invented it before he died.

Small army, large army makes no difference to them, if they want it over they can make every iranian soldier believe there prophet is speaking to them and freak them out, they have done it in previous wars.

Iran is next to be attacked by the usa. they are going to trigger another war, which si goin to stimulate the economy just like world war 2.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Prime-Vector

they just attack countries where they have something they want

so, these weapons wouldnt work

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Reminding me of the side-story of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1. Ends with a nuke and 100,000 US soldiers die.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
HOORAY! For Iran! Good for them in standing up to western bullies especially my country the USA and the US government and military. I say good for you! What have they done wrong? Support the insurgency? LOL!!!!! We did that against the Russians. So what? Have they threatened nukes against anyone? North Korea does that every month and nothing happens. Frankly, I'm completely sick and disgusted with US foreign policy. Obama and the psychopaths running the CIA, US military, and Dept of Defense are going to get a lot of people killed if they attack Iran. Hell...............if my country attacks Iran I just might raise the Iranian flag!!!!!!!!!! Effing pukes that run the USA! Think of all the innocent people in Iran that will die. Innocent people that are trying hard to topple their corrupt fundamentalist government. How many Iranians do we as Americans have so much in common with. Not to mention how beautiful of a country Iran is and it's economic opportunities that could come to their people and their nation. Why not try to change the country from the inside out instead of always bombing and threatening force. But I guess the US government and military seems to think you catch more flies with crap than you do with honey.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another stupid quote from an Iranian.

What a bunch of BS

How can any military leader make such a statement? Does he really believe that if the US attacked his country that they would be able not only to beat the US but to kill every US soldier in the region?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Awory

One of the largest in the world? I'm so sick of hearing that tired old crap. Who cares if its the largest in the world when the tanks are 50 years old and the airforce consists of a few hundred planes that are themselves obsolete and outdated. My god...........people like you are clueless. If the US military ever went up against a real enemy with a solid air force and navy the loss of life would be staggering and the America people would probably lose their stomach. The Iranians are tough bastards. Make no mistake about it. I love seeing all our soldiers over in Astan humping through the desert with all their fancy gear, 60+ pound packs, camel backs, knee and elbow pads, goggles, gloves, etc. None of that crap makes a damn bit of different. 80% of the US defense budget is spent on worthless crap and waste. Our state of the art Navy would be absolutely useless in a ground war with Iran in the desert. I could go on and on............but some of my fellow Americans live in their little GI Joe America f'yeah bubble of a world. AMERICA IS BROKE! We are in debt up to our eyeballs. Hell most of us don't have jobs.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have lost count on the number of threats just like this one from Iran. So, please allow me to launch my personal attack on the little Elf that is the figure head for the Mullah behind the curtain.

Your mother wears combat boots!!!! and has a mustache just like yours!!

Bring it on.....

[edit on 8-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We were told Iraq had a more powerful army than Iran...

...Look what happened to the Iraq army. Quashed in 1 day.

People need to realize that states like Iran aren't really a threat to us, militarily, any more than Iraq was a threat in the early 2000s. Hell, Israel, alone, could win a war with Iran; and israel's military is even weaker than ours.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

We were told Iraq had a more powerful army than Iran...

Who told you that ?

...Look what happened to the Iraq army. Quashed in 1 day.

This i Iran and from the info I've researched, Iraq doesn't have anything near what Iran has. Iran is not a third world country as many think and is one of the most modern countries in the ME.

People need to realize that states like Iran aren't really a threat to us, militarily, any more than Iraq was a threat in the early 2000s. Hell, Israel, alone, could win a war with Iran; and israel's military is even weaker than ours.

You mean countries like Iran. You're right, Iran is no threat to the US because they are not threatening to attack the US.. unless of course being attacked upon. If Iraq was stronger than Iran.. then how do you explain Iran crushing the Iraqi's in the short lived war they had. Also, the States put Saddam into power and supported Iraq to invade Iran. Iran also has the largest paramilitary in the world. Invading Iran would hurt the US far greater than what Iraq did with the States. Israel is armed by the Americans so of course they have the potential to take Iran out. Israel has by far the most weapons of mass destruction in that region than the rest of the countries combined.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ahem..... let me say one thing right now.

Iran is full of crap. And if we really wanted to. We have some 14 nuclear subs that just one can rid us of any problems we have with Iran permanently.

We don't have to send troops or planes or ships. Just one will do all the work.

Now that being said. If I was Iran. I wouldn't trust us either.
However if I was a kindler gentler dictator leading that country now.
I would just bow to US pressure, do whatever they wanted and just reap in the benefits of western aid.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!

That's what that idiot in Iran should be saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join