It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vendredi Vingt-et-un (Friday the 21st)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ok, very out of the blue, but I am not one for coincidences. I thought I would pass it on.

My wife is as level headed as anyone I know, she is very scientific, always looking for a rational explanation to everything. She is as down to earth as anyone, and always teasing me about the threads I read on ATS, and the fake UFO photos on here. She is trained to be a lawyer, has no belief in religion, new age things, conspiracies, or even knew about the 2012 rumors.

Until a few months ago.

We sat down to watch a 'Night of the Unexplained' programme on French TV channel TF1 (my wife is French), it is always on on a Saturday night at about 8pm, and happens every 3 months or so. It gives updates as to 'strange' events around the globe. Anyway, last time out it had a section on 2012. As it started my wife's face drained of colour and she just said:

'Vendredi vingt-et-un' and looked at me. (Friday the 21st)

I had no clue what she was on about, and she repeated it like I should know, and that she had had some kind of revelation or something.

She then told me to look up December 2012, and sure enough, there was a Friday the 21st.

I asked her to explain.

She then told me that for the last 3 or 4 years, in every second she was not thinking of something specific, 'vendredi vingt-et-un' came into her mind. At work, in the car, when she doodled something it was always that phrase. She said it had always been in her mind, but never in such a way as to make it significant enough to say out loud, but was just kind of hovering there.

When she saw the words 2012 on the screen, she said it just 'clicked' and she knew that the 21st of December 2012 would be a Friday.

I have no idea what this means, but it freaked us both out totally as it was so, so out of character.

The problem is, I don't believe in co-incidence.

FF

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Fraank Fontaine]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Does your wife have a history of this sort of thing? Does she ever meditate? Do you think she could possibly be pulling a prank on you, because after all she knows that you lurk ATS threads? (Had to ask.)

You say this happened a few months ago, is she still spooked by it or has she found some kind of rationalization? Do you think she would consider seeing some kind of energy worker, a psychic, hypnotherapist?

I don't think you're lying, (for what it's worth - what's 2 cents of fiat currency worth?) but I'm sure it's not going to change anyone's prior beliefs... the believers will take it as evidence, the skeptics will dismiss it as coincidence. I am more than happy to sit on the fence watching the movements of people on either side =)

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wouldnt look into it much, everyone knows the date of the 21st of december in 2012. Shes just barely jumping on the bandwagon thats all, you should create an account for her on here.

Either that or shes teasing you, as you mentioned she does quite often.

join