It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gameworld: Apple's iPad takes video gaming seriously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Gameworld: Apple's iPad takes video gaming seriously

www.reuters.com

RALEIGH, North Carolina (Reuters Life!) - Apple's iPad tablet computer hasn't been out a week yet but there are already over 830 video games that have been developed to suit the large format, high definition, multi-touch screen.

That number doesn't even include the nearly 25,000 iPod Touch and iPhone games that will also play on Apple's latest gadget which is a mix between a smartphone and a laptop but also clearly aims to cater for the growing numbers of gamers.

"The iPad is the fourth step in the gaming evolution," said Gonzague de Vallois, senior vice president of publishing at
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.informationweek.com

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

[I]Apple iPads are prepared for purchase during an iPad launch event at the Apple retail store in San Francisco, California April 3, 2010[/I]

The Apple iPad is in no way a replacement for any existing game system. It doesn't even have a USB port.

Rule of thumb: Avoid buying the first generation of any new release product from Apple or Microsoft.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i love to game. Im not going to pick one of these up because i cant imagine giving up my konch, but it looks cool non-the-less.

Since this is still on ATS, i want totally immersive games in the future. that would be cool.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
how is that a conspiracy?

I posted a thread about iPad good reviews among big mainstream

check it out

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its just too bad that its based on a year old GPU. The iPad improves nothing there over the iPhone, AFAIK. It still makes it one of the most powerfull triangle pushers around (beaten only by Samsung Galaxy S according to specs), but alas... They could have put a newer chip in there

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Unless the iPad can play WoW it's not serious about gaming.

new topics

top topics

join