It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two million years link a rock and a new species

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

I owe you no proof. Your life alone is sufficient.
Those who set their eyes on the temporal are those who cry out for proof of their own gifts, and thus, cut themselves off from Life by the freedom (chaos) and goods they claim as their own (pride).

My life proves nothing. You proved nothing. All you accomplished was being very confusing and very redundant.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Dasher

Thats all well and good..... , but to attack the nature of curiosity itself is ignorant.

You misunderstand because you are staring at something else.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
My life proves nothing.

That is for you to say.

You proved nothing.

I had no need to in the first place.

All you accomplished was being very confusing and very redundant.

Confusion, unlike Order that is Charitable, is relative.
Pride, unlike Charity that is Orderly, is dis-associative.
However, I do agree that I was clearly redundant. I often am. Just as the images of Life are.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Dasher

Thats all well and good..... , but to attack the nature of curiosity itself is ignorant.

You misunderstand because you are staring at something else.

Wertdagf makes a reasonable point and you still respond in platitudes that are essentially without meaning. Australopithecus Sediba is still a preliminary identification, there's an ongoing debate that it could be a member of homo. The evidence is still under review.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

My first post in this thread was to show the inherent flaw in seeking truth when you have your eyes on something else (usually still truths in general, but excluding truth as a principle/whole/life). I was not attacking the seeking, rather, I was attacking seeking ignorantly or arrogantly. To suggest otherwise about my post is not reasonable, except within the context of a misunderstanding. My response to Wertdagf was very similar to my first post, as it is built on the same structure and intended communication.

I am not surprised to be misunderstood. I am often. It seems that so many things keep our eyes off of what is Truth and on what we think is true.

I have no specific gripe with the discovery reported in this thread. However, what people do with such a discovery exposes their hearts, souls, minds, and understandings. Same as with the religious. I do not care whether the story of the city and the tower is true, but I am concerned with what it communicates about Truth. I do not care whether a certain scientific discovery justifies such and such theory, but I am concerned with what it communicates about Truth. Do you see a pattern? People set their eyes on what they think is true and wars ensue. We should set our hearts, souls, minds, and understandings/expressions on Truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by Phlynx

What i find most fascinating about humans and chimps is not the relation of DNA.

My fascination comes from Chimps producing Vitamin C and humans do not have the capabilities.

www.eurekalert.org...

That is what truly amazes me.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Quickfix]

The humans only real advantage over other animals is its intelligence, we're rubbish for most other things like running or jumping or fighting.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

uhhhhh.... running, jumping, or fighting eh?

If I remember correctly, running and fighting have been used for some time now by humans, centuries.

Well let me see, there is a fight or flight reaction people get from dangerous situations, it is instinct.

You can see, fighters on UFC, which by the way are just brawlers and have hardly any technique.

You can see jumpers and runners in the Olympics.

So human beings may seem fragile, but indeed are more agile then most give credit for.

It is true, human beings use more of our mind's now due to technology, but all 3 of those things are still done everyday.

Oh and did you know black people have an extra calf muscle!

edited to add: Not trying to be racist. and spell check

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
double post eek

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

uhhhhh.... running, jumping, or fighting eh?

If I remember correctly, running and fighting have been used for some time now by humans, centuries.

Well let me see, there is a fight or flight reaction people get from dangerous situations, it is instinct.

You can see, fighters on UFC, which by the way are just brawlers and have hardly any technique.

You can see jumpers and runners in the Olympics.

So human beings may seem fragile, but indeed are more agile then most give credit for.

It is true, human beings use more of our mind's now due to technology, but all 3 of those things are still done everyday.

Oh and did you know black people have an extra calf muscle!

edited to add: Not trying to be racist. and spell check

Once again, we do all those things, but not as good as other animals.
Can the people on UFC outfight a tiger?
Can olympians outrun cheetahs?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I would agree with you on the intelligence, but humans have only used our intelligence to kill more effectively.

To say that other animals are better at fighting, I have yet to see a better fighter then humans. We sure are stubborn.

So much for intelligent

The tiger and cheetah scenarios, well grab a spear

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I would agree with you on the intelligence, but humans have only used our intelligence to kill more effectively.

To say that other animals are better at fighting, I have yet to see a better fighter then humans. We sure are stubborn.

So much for intelligent

The tiger and cheetah scenarios, well grab a spear

Obviously we're better fighters when we use advanced weapons.
We have also used our intelligence to better our lives as a whole, to say we have only used our intelligence to kill would be to say our entire existance is to kill, which I think is very very wrong, you cannot blame our violence on our intelligence, as our intelligence is what allows us to realize our violence is wrong.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Well this world we live in is very very wrong. Check my Signature, I know better then anyone.

If you live in America like I do. You can see the health care, food, transportation, and all that stuff.

It may seem like leaps and bounds, but the technology we have is so primitive, I could think up better solutions for our world then most Governments even consider!

In reality, human beings have gained so much technology, only to start de-evolving.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well this world we live in is very very wrong.

If you live in America like I do. You can see the health care, food, transportation, and all that stuff.

It may seem like leaps and bounds, but the technology we have is so primitive, I could think up better solutions for our world then most Governments even consider!

In reality, human beings have gained so much technology, only to start de-evolving.

Primitive to what?
I'd love to hear some of these solutions for our world also.
I'll agree with your de-evolving point, and I also agree it is a bad thing, I think fitness and education should go hand in hand in the development of the body and mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Primitive medical, transportation, food, and water. Just for American's as far as i know.

Medical well lets start with Stem Cell Research, I would think regrowing muscles or organs would be of some benefit.

Transportation, well I would like to try and create a Magnetic car first, but I will stick to what I know works. Hydrogen and solar on a car with a recycling exhaust would be the best way for transportation. Half of the work is done with having a hydrogen car already built.

There is also additives to water to create more hydrogen.

The food, well common sense can dictate that there is a lot of land, so food should not be a problem.

The water thing, they have Tech. Available in Canada and all over the place. Basically it charges the water Negatively, which may be used as an additive for the car, I haven't seen the water technology before.

The biggest Energy project I would like to create is a 6 state solar grid in America.

There are 6 Desert states, California, Arizona, Utah, Texas, Arizona and New Mexico.

Energy Harvested from 1 week of constructing the grid, it will be paid for.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

It may not seem like a huge difference, but 4% is the difference between Humans and chimps. What is the other 4% and where did it come from!?

Actually Human and Chimp DNA is more than 98% the same. We only diverged evolutionarily 5 million years ago, so the difference is even less than you think.

Rats and humans share 97.5% DNA. Where's the missing link? It turns out that about 98% of mammalian DNA is likely the basic code for being mammal.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I don't believe in Missing Links to the supposed human evolutionary chain.

I believe in evolution yes, but something is just missing from humans.

Read the rest of my posts if you like

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In my opinion, and no offense intended(just being honest here), religious people should not post in or even read such scientific threads. At least not close-minded religious people, because I myself have attended christian school and have met my fair share of highly open minded religious people. While I do not intend to offend anyone, I won't sugarcoat this either, ignorance is for nobody to be judged. As atheist and existential nihilist(although I'm merely in high school an only hope to get into the field of anthropology or primatology) I do deeply believe in human evolution. The answers are right there in our eyes every moment of every day. There's just too many similirarities, and even though I won't deny that perhaps religion as part of our many different cultures may have been vital for human development as our species evolved over time, right now, in the 21st century when we have all heard of theproven fact of evolution, it's quite logical to agree to human evolution. To ignore evolution as a fact is true ignorance. Posting messages in a thread like this with words of religion which have no business in a conversation about a possible human ancestor is, with all due respect, disrespectful. Such words might hold some moral significance which can apply to all humans as we have created this psychological notion of "morality" but not religious words. That does not apply to all humans. Just look at the computer right in front of you. Does it seem very religious at all? Just like the human brain and any other brain, it is simply a structure of electrical circuits and impulses. What if one day you were to find out a machine or robotic-like invention with a computer for a brain adapted humanlike emotion(which may just be possible considering what a brain is), would you label it as "diabolical"?

Like I said earlier, the answers lie under our noses each and every day. Look at your arms. Your torso. We have the limbs of an ape, the digits of an ape, pretty much the same muscles as an ape would, the very BEHAVIOUR of an ape, although highly advanced when compared to the other three great apes. In fact, it would be logical to consider us humans ape in a sense, contrary to how we commonly refer to ourselves as simply "humans" instead of "apes" or say we "evolved from apes". When in fact, we simply split from the lineage of other apes and have not yet evolved into a COMPLETELY different creature. We are curious rascals, we love, we show empathy, we are highly social, and in occasions show displays of aggression not to mention we mate and have sex in similar ways. What about female chimpanzees and orangutans using sexual intercourse as a means to get out of sticky situations? Human females would do that too. This is just an example of how cunning and smart they can be just like humans. In fact, other creautres have been taxonomically reclassified into the same genus on the grounds that they shared enough genetic material, which was even less than that of chimpanzees and humans. Simply take a look at yourself. No matter how "different" you would like to think you are from the other apes, really you're not that different. We're not "virtually hairless". The average human has more hair follicles than the average chimp. Our hair is just many times shorter and thinner, growing chiefly on the head. And our head hair is most probably due to mating purposes or sexual dimorphism. Don't even deny that when a man looks at a woman her beautiful hair might just attract him. And a teenage girl might really like a teenage guy's hairstyle. Eyebrows are similar; while thicker in men, thinner in women. Simply, sexual dimorphism. Just like a male gorilla is larger and more robust than a female, and how they get silver backs. Also, we are indeed not monkeys. Monkeys are smaller than apes, have tails, and they're bodily structure is closer to that of a cat or dog than a chimp or orangutan. So use the actual term if you're going to deny our evolution and true heritage, because saying men are monkeys is indeed way off. We are apes, and in reality, I personally see no way in proving this wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I went to the article and read some of it.

I for one would like to believe in evolution, I just don't see it happening for Humans.

The leap and bound of Human DNA is very close to Chimps, but there are simply more things to humans.

I believe evolution does occur, but there is just something out of place with the theory of Human's coming from Chimps.

It may not seem like a huge difference, but 4% is the difference between Humans and chimps. What is the other 4% and where did it come from!?

just what I think, good find S&F

There is nothing out of place except for your sense of logic. Humans are to primates what Orchids are to flowers....

We are simply more prone to adaptation and mimicking than other primates... that's all... there's really nothing special about us at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Thanks for posting the story and link. S & F
I don't have a dog in the creationist/evolution dogfight that's going. I'm just glad another piece of the puzzle was found.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join