It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two million years link a rock and a new species

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Two million years link a rock and a new species

www.theage.com.au

TWO fossilised skeletons that could rewrite the story of human evolution have been unveiled, after their age was confirmed by a geologist working in Melbourne.

Described as a new species of early human, scientists believe the two skeletons were members of a previously unknown group that existed around the time ancient apes made the transition to modern humans.

The skeletons were found in 2008 at South Africa's Cradle of Humankind, a World-Heritage-listed site near Johannesburg.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theaustralian.com.au[/ url]
[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8609192.stm]news.bbc.co.uk

www.businessweek.com

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

[I]The cranium of Australopithecus sediba, found in South Africa.[/I]

Wow! Charles Darwin cannot get any more happier.

I mean, I don't think it was us at that time.

This discovery is very fascinating to some prehistoric researchers, who want to know more about our primitive 'ancestors'.

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Nice find.

Now the question is, are we getting a clearer picture of history, or is the illusion just becoming more complex.

I wonder if they will ever unite these findings with the prehistoric forbidden archeology type stuff.

ok, time for me to stop speculating...neat find, and ya, it will certainly rewrite our historical understanding of the coming of man...no doubt the religious will ignore this and simply state the old "See, science is continuously changing it story" nonsense...(those types truely don't understand the concept of science and think its just a different religion)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I went to the article and read some of it.

I for one would like to believe in evolution, I just don't see it happening for Humans.

The leap and bound of Human DNA is very close to Chimps, but there are simply more things to humans.

I believe evolution does occur, but there is just something out of place with the theory of Human's coming from Chimps.

It may not seem like a huge difference, but 4% is the difference between Humans and chimps. What is the other 4% and where did it come from!?

just what I think, good find S&F

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow, that skull look just like a human skull, fascinating ..

I am convinced now that we are indeed monkeys...
So, when did we lose 2 chromozones ?? was before or after these happy guys..

I bet you a buck that this leaves room for 50 more Missing Links, like Ida last year, they were dead surten that was the missing link, and it turned out to be a lizzard or something, lemur maybe it was ..

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

It may not seem like a huge difference, but 4% is the difference between Humans and chimps. What is the other 4% and where did it come from!?

Actually Human and Chimp DNA is more than 98% the same. We only diverged evolutionarily 5 million years ago, so the difference is even less than you think.

The big difference stems from the sequencing of proteins to create RNA that affects brain development.

Source

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

OK so 2% is different, still means something is different between Humans and chimps.

So the other 2% is just random RNA sequencing, that just happened to turn on some brain development?

I don't think brain development just happens over a period of time, there has to be something to give it a push.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by nik1halo

OK so 2% is different, still means something is different between Humans and chimps.

So the other 2% is just random RNA sequencing, that just happened to turn on some brain development?

I don't think brain development just happens over a period of time, there has to be something to give it a push.

Why don't you think brain development evolves over a period of time? Every other part of our body did, why wouldn't the brain?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I do believe in evolution occurs and our species still evolves, the brain develops over time yes.

The human brain and DNA just don't seem right to me.

RNA sequencing does not just happen over a long period of time. You need a trigger/push to change the sequence.

Here is an article comparing Chimp and human Y Chromosomes.

You will be surprised to read that the Y chromosome is very different.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Everyone is searching for the truth, including me. IMHO the religions and pure evolution from chimps are common explanations often used too much.

There is something more to humans than meets the eye.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's depressing how so many people seek truth while submitting their lives, hopes, and dreams to what they believe is true rather than Truth.
Scientists and the religious have idolatry in common.

Forget that.
My God is Truth, my God is Life.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Dasher]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
It's depressing how so many people seek truth while submitting their lives, hopes, and dreams to what they believe is true rather than Truth.
Scientists and the religious have idolatry in common.

Forget that.
My God is Truth, my God is Life.

What does that mean?! You set off on the road to Truthville and took a wrong turn down WTF Street.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

HAHAHAHA

Yeah Couldn't of said it better

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Why is everyone under the misconception that many religious people (such as myself) are bound to strict creationism.

They can both exist at the same time after all.

I mean some of us do understand "logical reasoning".

[edit on 8-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I believe evolution does occur, but there is just something out of place with the theory of Human's coming from Chimps.

just what I think, good find S&F

You are correct in assuming something is out of place in the theory of humans evolving from chimps. We are cousins in the line. We have the same "grandparent species", but we evolved one way, and the second species, in this case, chimps, evolved the other way. We evolved from the same ancestor, but there evolutionary traits and our evolutionary traits split of somewhere along the lines just enough to make the difference in species. That is why we are so close.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

My God is Truth.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Dasher]

Prove it. What gives you credibility above all other religions?

I'll take it as you have no proof if you don't reply, or if you reply without answering my question, and proving that your God is truth.

I'm open minded, and if you can prove your God right, maybe I will listen.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

What i find most fascinating about humans and chimps is not the relation of DNA.

My fascination comes from Chimps producing Vitamin C and humans do not have the capabilities.

www.eurekalert.org...

That is what truly amazes me.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am alive.
You are alive.

I worship Life.
Proof?

Order that lacks Charity is Pride.
Charity that lacks Order is Chaos.
Pride is temporal.
Chaos is temporal.
OrderCharity is Eternal.

I worship Truth which lacks nothing.
I am not sure what proof you are looking for.

Do you believe that things can be true or false? And I am not talking about false judgment of what is true or false. I am talking about Giving with Order vs Taking with Chaos.

Do you believe that there is Order on one end and Chaos on the other?
Do you believe that there is Charity on one end and Pride on the other?
Do you believe that Pride and Chaos lead to theft and confusion?
Do you believe that Order with Charity/Charity with Order brings Life?

To all of the above, I do.

It is fairly apparent that we live in a crossroads of Life and Death.
Are your eyes set on Life, or Death?
Are your eyes set on the Eternal or the passing?

I owe you no proof. Your life alone is sufficient.
Those who set their eyes on the temporal are those who cry out for proof of their own gifts, and thus, cut themselves off from Life by the freedom (chaos) and goods they claim as their own (pride).

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

There is a distinct difference between those who seek truths and those who seek truth. Truth is alive.

Just as our cells are alive and they make up our bodies, there are many bodies and they make up Life. Life is as much more aware, able and alive than the individual as we are more aware than our cells.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Thats all well and good..... , but to attack the nature of curiosity itself is ignorant.

Its horrible when a mind is givin more knowledge when it never contained wisdom, but id rather watch a person drown in an ocean than die of thirst in a desert.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Mr Miyagi showed us how to wax off, but does the jungle look at the forest and wonder why the birds sleep at night? Does the fortune cookie truly crumble if nobody is there to hear it? Such is Truth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join