It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I wrong or are there a heck of a lot of people joining ATS recently?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Well its the best board on net for some critical thinking of the news.

I'll second that claim, and add that if you want the news, it'll make it here as soon as it hits the concrete.

not only is the diversity in understanding and critical thinking a wealth of summation, but the people who frequent these boards cover just about all walks of life, cultural establishment, and social level out there.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Just goes to show, paranoia is universally spread out amongst humanity. Not that there isn't anything to be paranoid about. There's plenty..just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Were building an army of armchair warriors!
prepare for the revolution!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Paranoid !? Who's paranoid ? Out here ? No. Can't be true.

Are you paranoid when it's based on the truth ?

Like global warming is man made.
First it were oil companies that said it wasn't true. Then money could be made from it so it was true. Then people started to think it was not true.
They were labeled "paranoid" but now.

Tons of evidence say that any warming is natural even extra terrestrial in origin. (Don't believe so. I can link you to research papers from CERN
Evidence)
More then enough evidence scientist do not actualy know what the cause is.
More then enough evidence that shows that the most focused on green house gasses are spilled in abundance by nature itself that dwarf human exhaust emissions.

Yet TPTB are planning that you are going to pay for the solution that should end it all ???

Am I still paranoid ?

Nobody here is paranoid. They are usually only aware or disturbed and want to know more.
I have encountered some outrageous claims and unreasonable people here, but they all were open to suggestion and reason.

The ones who are not. Get banned or ignored and leave as a result.
Ohh.. then there are religious people who get away with just about everything. Like once I read a thread where a question was "Is it true that the devil has a red skin" or something like it.
Funny none the less.

So much for paranoid.

I got linked here by a local conspiracy blog/forum. I think all those new members that show up because google helped them, can have a negative impact.

The more the better they say.
I understand from here that all this bickering, bashing and trolling never has been bigger then it is know. I assume this is because a far bigger public all familiar with civilised internet that bring it with them.
Others will copy them.

The mods do a terrific job to prevent it BTW.

So. To all new members.
Welcome and to this beaken of hope. This is the last best chance to keep civilised communication alive. Embrace it. respect it, Honor it, protect it with your life, donate halve of your salary and your first borns.

But most of all have fun, learn and enjoy !

Kind regards

Sinter Klaas.

PS.
I'm fairly new to so don't believe a word I say. I'm full of crap.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

95% of humanity still believes in the divine, yet you're trying to convince me that people aren't paranoid?! I think some basic psychology classes might do you well.

As for global warming. Look, we know that cap and trade is a scam. We know that nature may dwarf our actions at any time. We don't know to what extent our collective actions are actually screwing up the earths feedback mechanisms. I've stated it many times beore: It's absurd to think that we aren't doing any damage, and equally absurd to think we're doing all the damage. The truth lies somewhere in between.

It is my personal opinion that we're doing much damage, besides whatever warming/cooling is happening on earth. I think we should be muh more concerned about other matters, like pollution, deforestation, overfishing, GMO's, nanotechnology, and the like..

[edit on 18-4-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I have an excellent question, each thread or topic is plotted simply by a simple system of hit/view synapse just as ads are. WHY cannot the MEMBERS see their impact here?

Is there a reason you do not want people to see what their impact is?!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

95% of humanity still believes in the divine, yet you're trying to convince me that people aren't paranoid?! I think some basic psychology classes might do you well.

Oh man!? I thought I had that covered

See I did

Ohh.. then there are religious people who get away with just about everything.

The rest of your reply I can honestly cry out at the top of my voice that I can not agree with you more.
I can proove it ! I gave the pollution thing as a comment or in a reply every time I'm giving the example that they distract and get us focused on something else.

The whole bunch of it is a total farce !
I've made several threads with really "reliable"
information that suggest the truth.
Yet people or at least the majority doen't seem to care.

So if you ever have anything to share. I'm your man.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I pause to post fore I have mixed feelings on the influx of members. I was first drawn to ATS by the keen minds, serious research and individuals who referenced their facts.
Of late I have noticed a trend toward a youtube / facebook mentality. Accumulation of huge friends lists and posting of the most mundane, superficial subject matter. I don't envy the job of moderator. Their task of sorting wheat from chaff will surely increase ten fold. However , I still must visit several times a day, it's bloody addictive. In a good way.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I sorta agree with you, dazbog, but i gotta go with the more, the merrier.

The issue I worry about though, is that ATS is just slightly too big for me to take in now, but it's almost challenging that way. It's fun to think I can get to all I might want to read/respond to in a sitting, but it NEVER happens that way, of course.

I'd be glad to have twice the ATS membership as now, but with a lot more submissions, in terms of threads and especially posts, it seems it will get too big to even tackle, to me. I really worry about this.

I left a great political site I had been with since the beginning because it was so good and served such a purpose, it got too big to even use. A newsy item would be posted and by the time you got to it, it might have 1,000 comments (in a few hours).

Sometimes on ATS now, especially with popular topics, you might post something and there will have been three or four posts in the time you took to create yours. And even now, I don't bother reading a lot of threads or posts because unless it's earth-shattering, it just seems pointless and everything that might be said will already have been said. And it's too daunting sometimes to think that if I read all the responses, I've got to read, say, 9 pages. That takes a while.

I don't know what the solution to this issue is or maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's a problem. I've even thought about having multiple sites and each user would randomly log into one of the sites. But that wouldn't work because cool or important stuff might wind up on one site, but not the other and people would want to post in multiple sites ... it'd be a mess.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just found this out-at the bottom of the page you will see Statisics.

In there is a lot of info. And this particular one for new members:

New member accounts: Past 24 hours: 93
New member accounts: Past 7 days: 3,842
New member accounts: Past 30 days: 2,399
New member accounts: Past Year: 28,557

There you go..... Wow....

Guess my OP and observation was correct.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abiotx
reply to post by anon72

Were building an army of armchair warriors!
prepare for the revolution!

rofl, i'll sit watching and waiting for this revolution. The fact that there are still so many die hard christians and religious fanatics on ATS worries me. The ignorance worries me.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Most registered users ever on ATS in one day: 5,565 on Apr 20 2010 @ 23:10 GMT

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Just this morning at around 9:45 there were 13 intoductions visable. Way to go.

Nice to see all the new starving minds coming aboard.

I`m new here also and you wanna know why?

Its because if you look around and see whats happening you would do the same i want to be one of the first to know when it happens and i`m not saying what that is but well its gunna be alot of fun when you guys hear about it and i must say its big. Heres a 5 words.

Obam,Aliens,Disclosure,Space,peace

i`m sure you can get what i`m talking about if not just wait for my thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

I can't wait and am looking forward to it. Please U2U me with a copy of the link so I don't miss it-please. What a teaser posting.. got my interest.

One thing you'll learn that is it good to Flag a thread if you like the content or wish to draw attention to it from others..... You can try it out at the top of this thread-if you wish.

Welcome to ATS; now get to work to get your forthcoming posting up!

And, of course, what better audience. Like the Conspiracy Chicks say:

You Will Be Heard at ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If i knew how to U2U i would lol i`m new here

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Yes, I didn't know or understand it either. I am sure one of the extremely nice MODS around here has a thread link to all of that. But the anon72 quick version is-go to top area, to "members tools"-click on it-to to U2U.

There you would put the person name in (anon72), subject matter line, then put whatever in the big box and send. Take your time-it will all come eventually, not to mention there are many of roads here in ATS land.

You maybe gone some time when you go down some roads. Happen to me when I discovered all about (mostly about) human mutilations by Aliens. That messed with me good.

So, happy hunting and have a great time.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

yeh i like your version better

lol i`m different i can take many things my friend, my beliefs are that strong that yes i would be affected but i could carry on,mainly because thiers bigger things.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been reading ATS for several months, but only now couldn't resists registering in (I hate registering) and voicing out my visions on issues.

And a thirsty mind I am, only when I get to drink a bit, it only makes me more thirsty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join