It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO footage posted on youtube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
what do you think? i think we might got a real one here.

I don't know how to post it straight here though, would someone be kind enough to do it for me?

www.youtube.com...

[Mod Edit - embed video link]

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

That is a very nice video and it seems on face value to be an authentic but the one thing that tends to worry me about short but authentic looking videos is that they tend to be short clips that promise much to the eye but deliver nothing but subjectivity.

I tend to assume that the real deal would have the videographer using up all their battery power and disc space if their presence of mind had allowed them to get out a camera and begin filming in the first place - which is no easy task in itself.

I sat up straight on first seeing the video this video but sadly and with the plethora of amazing looking fakes out there that from my own perspective on face value I will go with a CGI fake based just on the footage being so short.

Stared and flagged however as others definitely need to see this just in case my assumption based on shortness of footage is incorrect, thanks for posting it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'll call this one a UVO - Unidentified Video Object.

Nothing about this screams FAKE or CGI to me but again, nothing about it screams IT'S REAL!

The only thing I question is why is the video so short? That doesn't lend credence to it being authentic or sincere

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I tend to side on the belief that one day, these things seen in our skys will be common and about as noticed as a helicopter...maybe even replace the chopper.

But for now, such crafts are still top secret if they still exist.

This video has no verifiable source, no context, too short, etc etc etc...there is no reason to believe this is authentic

just for kicks, and because I uploaded it once
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7099f5598b68.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Already posted!
Sorry friend.
But could be real.
Thanks
SNC

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

It is a hoax and I'll tell you why, because the clip is 30 seconds long. If you had a video of a real UFO would you cut the clip short or would you post the whole video showing the UFO from start to finish? Because this guy is defying all common sense behavior - it is a fake. It also appears in the video instead of panning in to it as he runs to show it. I imagine dropping it in to many more frames was just too difficult for him.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

johnkhutchison2008

It is John Hutchison's youtube channel and the video he posted is even more fake than his antigravity effect. He isn't a reliable source.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by One Step Beyond...]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

That is an awful attempt at a fake.
The picture quality is attrocious as others have said, why did the filmer just suddenly stop?

Wouldn't you have gotten as much film of this as you possibly could, and wouldn't you have said something, in shock and awe at seeing this remarkable craft in the sky?
Too many things about this very short clip leave me thinking that this should just be resigned, as 99% of clips are, to the fake scrapheap.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by TLCOB]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You do know that's a fake right?

I guess you do but it's hard to tell from your post.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
All youtube videos are crap quality, so "debunking" a youtube video based on dodgy pixels is a bit silly. Maybe the camera person didn't have much battery, or space left, and wanted to make sure that they had something at least.

And you can't say that everyone would react the same, again, that's a stupid argument. Someone could be stunned into silence just as much as someone who'd be all exited.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Judging by the sudden wobble, I'd say it's a small model being flown by three point suspension. They were careful enough to adjust the angle so that it did not pass in front of the tree, but when the wind kicked it a bit (and am I seeing things, or did the dome actually flip open at one point?) they were too lazy to do a second take. Ed Wood would be proud.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In my book, No departure = Fake
The departure is the best way to know the authenticity of the clip.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

My first impression is that this could indeed be real. Is this the footage most of us have been waiting for? I dont know.

It doesnt look like CGI or animation to me, but Im not exactly an expert in that arena. At the rick of being completely redundant here the only thing that throws me off is the shortness of the clip.

Other than that its almost too good to be true. Still, I love seeing this kind of thing. I think this is one of those situations where I am going to choose to enjoy this video for what it is and not get too analytical. Im already convinced of the existence of these things while this one may not necessarily be real its still pretty awesome footage.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This looks fake to me, probably CGI. From the traditional "flying saucer" craft to the fact that it's a short clip without any departure.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Fake for numerous reasons such as..

Too short..You find a UFO and you film it for 30 secs..I don't think so..

Quality....It's awful and for good reason, to hide the also awful CGI. Even my age old phone is better imaging than that.

The shake....Or lack of it, the picture goes from all over the place to a pretty solid state, just try keeping your arm out for 30 seconds while trying to keep an item inside the frame, trust me, you will shake like hell especially as your heart should be pumping while filming a UFO.

Commentary...or lack of it...You have just found a UFO in front of you and you make no verbal sound..Yeah right...Not even a 'dooood, dooooooood'

CGI quality.....It's terrible, movement matching is terrible...

Please, it's a seen before cheap fake for someones 5 mins of Net fame...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

just for kicks, and because I uploaded it once
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7099f5598b68.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
There is so much misinformation out there that a real honest to god video clip of a real UFO (as clear as this one) would be yawned at by many people.

The only way to prove a video this clear as far as being real goes, would be to have many many witnesses and more than one person filming the same object. Its hard to accept one mans word when it comes to this subject.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cllj7
what do you think? i think we might got a real one here.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Sauron]

I think johnkhutchison2008 needs to be updated. This is an old video from 2001 or
2002 but discussed several times before, I posted the information about this footage at
that time but anyway here is again.

This was a controversial footage of an alleged ufo sighting that supposedly took place in
Selma, Indiana in 2001 or 2002. The video was on display along with others on a
mysterious website named CounterEvidence on those years.

This was a pay-per-view website that featured original videos taken by unknown
sources wich resulted highly suspicious. I downloaded three more videos also with
" amazing " features and some rare photos.

The Counter Evidence Consortium website suddenly disappeared without any
explanation to their paying subscribers after their office was located in front of the
Pentagon.

I also belive this video as well as the others are fakes. Good ones but definitely CGI.

More threads.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Besides the fact that it ended abruptly (what happened -- did the videographer get bored and decided to leave?) another thing that makes me wonder is why didn't he start filming earlier?

Obviously, he was close enough to film prior to running up to the spot he filmed from, because the UFO was very large in the frame ince he started filming it. If it was you who saw this UFO, wouldn't you begin filming right away (as soon as you were close enough to get a good view, which it seems he would have been even if he didn't run forward) rather than running up to a spot and then start filming?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You took the words right off my fingertips. ...well said.

T.

top topics

join