It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Circa 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey guys,

With the ATS redesign coming up, I decided to do some archival research and take a look back at how far ATS has come in the past 10+ years. I personally started lurking ATS around 2005, but was aware of it as early as 2001 (per my Area 51 research days) prior to and following the events of 9/11. In any case, most of you have probably heard of The Internet Wayback Machine, which is responsible for archiving all of the websites on the inturwebz.

I used the Wayback Machine to track ATS back to it's early inception on the internet, including it's pre-board days. I thought some of you might be interested in seeing just how technology of the internet has evolved, and enjoy some of the old designs that ATS used to bare All links below.

ATS on October 9th, 1999

ATS on October 5th, 2001 (About 1 year later)

ATS Message Board in 2001

ATS on March 1st, 2001 (pre 9/11 madness)

This old school message board is amazing to view. It has all of the old posts, including some from SimonGray. You'll notice most of ATS consisted of black budget aircraft, area 51, and defense contractor studies, which is one of my favorite conspiracy topics.

ATS Forum Evolution

Now it's starting to look more familiar

ATS Circa 2005

ATS Circa 2006

ATS Circa 2007

So check out the evolution of the website. Some small changes here and there between years, until the mid-2000s when the design really started to shift. Even though the old version (2000/20001) is dated, it's still a lot of fun to read some of the old posts from members. Looks like the topics never change

Enjoy.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by DocEmrick]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
A few of your links don't work, a few of the first posted.

Great thread BTW.

LOVING the 05/06 flashback..... Wasn't a registered member then but remember searching and reading on here quite a bit.

Man.... This site has been through some changes.

Edit: you fixed the links so ignore my comment up there ^^^

[edit on 8/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah, sorry about the links. I had to go back and try and edit them. They should all be fixed now.

Also, some of the pictures take pretty long to load so if you run into any broken images/links don't be surprised.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Hiya Doc, cheers for posting these. Flagged. I Did the same thing and went and had a look at the older versions mid-last year or so. You know the old saying? 'The more things change...the more things stay the same.'

Roswell

Did I see a UFO? Is this a UFO?

Secret Government

Those damned annunaki

Hey, you can edit your post and delete all those 'edits' at the bottom of the OP...just leaves one.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Awesome thread...S&F for you. I've never heard of the way back site, thanks for sharing. You've made my day more interesting!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thanks guys! I figured everyone would get a kick out of some of those ancient topics.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
found this interesting

NSA PATENTS NEW TECHNOLOGY
TO MONITOR MILLIONS OF PHONE CALLS

lucky them to develop this tech and shortly after that, be able to use it in post-9/11 society.

I see no coincidences here.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
wow i had forgotten how crappy the internet looked back in 1999, almost all sites looked like that haha, i also remember waiting well over an hour for a 30second video to load lol. ahhh how far we've come in 11 years (the internet as a whole, not just ats)

top topics

join