It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Morning Mr. Mayor - And Much To My Surprise He Invited Me In To Talk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
First off, I live in a city of over 500,000 people.

I went to City Hall yesterday morning to make a complaint about the new policy of garbage pick-up. And I only wanted to speak to someone in that department because we had a problem with the new 1 bag per household pick-up, plus the 7 bag limit for small apartment buildings.

We had our bags labeled with a bright orange sticker today that said "TOO MANY". Obviously 9 bags for a 12 unit building was too much.

I may have gone to the wrong office, but the Mayor invited me in to discuss the problem I had, and then we walked over to my Ward Councilor's office and the Mayor sat in the waiting room with me until he was available.

It's amazing how fast a Council member makes his schedule available when the secretary tells him the Mayor is waiting.

After the Mayor told him to review my issues, a couple phone calls, text messages, property tax confirmation, etc...
My problem was solved, I was happy, the Mayor was happy, and we ended the meeting on a cordial note.

I never expected to start at the top with my issue and work down, but I know where my vote goes in the next election.

Government actually works sometimes........

[edit on 8/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
*Hmmm
Considering the city has had more than one garbage crisis, I should think that THAT alone would be the biggest issue for the Mayor to get a handle on to keep the constituents votes in favor.
but a 7 bag limit on small apts..is insane.

join