It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret is : I don't want

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I hear what you're saying and being detached from expectation is good. Also checking and trying to be sincere with what you DO want seems important as well..

what am I trying to say..

I actually for a while was seeking advice and people looked at me like I was crazy because I said "I don't want anything enough, how can I "WANT" more...".... and well that may seem well and "enlightened" and hell if you're just going for that then do it... I mean... just sit on your ass and meditate, good on ya buddy... but the fact that i'm alive and actually want certain experiences says to me that I deffinately WANT something.

So I realized I'm the type of guy who goes through life full throttle, mega-ambition... my foot is on the gas but also the break... the "car" goes nowhere and it just burns up the fuel and puts stress on the engine (mind).. and nothing if little is accomplished.

So what i'm trying to say is these days I try to be REALLY SURE what I DO want.... instead of having all the manifesting energy getting scattered... or all that energy put into the desire countered by a fear of that outcome or desire for the opposite outcome.

Do or do not, there is no try comes to mind... so its one of those cases where I do think of going to extremes. I try to tell myself... "I know I clearly want this, this I know for certain, I know there's nothing or little subconsciously blocking this so lets just accomplish this thing..put this energy out there and just forget it and live life and see what happens"... opportunities present themselves...within hours you get phone calls from someone, see something, all clues pointing towards a desired outcome. The "Silva Mind" control method is one way I go about this sometimes... I just give myself 10 - 30 minutes to put into detail what I really do want in life, and then just let it go.

What i'm trying to say is detaching yourself from the outcome saves you a lot of damn stress and keeps you in control, in the moment etc... I have an ex gf who had to hammer these ideas in my head to help me just relax and forget the future.. "prophetic dreams" aside. Work with what you got NOW. I've been bitch-slapped the past 4 years trying to understand the "fate" concept. I won't touch on that. But one thing I've found is important is to indeed detach myself from an expected outcome just out of pure relaxation... but also yet... maintaining a strong will to see it through if I am certain I want it.

I just figure why sit on the fence.... between your ego's desires and your "enlightenment"... go meditate in a forest and hell that's cool.. but as long as you "kinda want" something, and get upset when things aren't going great... you may as well decide to give it your all.

I really admire ambitious people even in the sense that they are so over-confident and cocky, which is kind of annoying and gets them in a lot of trouble.. but damn I watch them manifest anything they want. Is it a co-incidence that a lot of them go beyond to be rich.. famous... or a leader of some sort? They take what they want. Even with feats of psychokinesis, it's these types of people that I see kick my ass at that sort of thing, despite all the training I do... they just really and think they will succeed at anything... so is this over-confidence their downfall or can you really achieve anything?

I think there's a lot of truth to it but actually I recently got into quite the debate over it. I think that attitude can get you whatever you want.. however.....HOWEVER... understanding your energy...your subconscious... which brings me to previous point in the message... it seems to me there are so many things in the subconscious working against you.... doubts... fears... and all that funnels into the stream of energy / thoughts coming and going. If you have some mad 2nd chakra problems and act all miserable... and manifest some ugly stuff entering into your life, then it raises questions whether you can manifest the exact desired outcome all the time... you're ego.. your attitude.. your energy output itself that filters what kind of thoughts and intentions leave your mind alter this kind of process.

Its like tarot and such, once you remove your personal stance with the result the readings can be quite clear. Many people can't read for themselves, you can really easily draw the cards you want to see or fear, but if you do it for some stranger you get more accurate results. I'm just using this an example. Some very very intuitive people I know say they go see psychics themselves because they aren't able to accurately and sincerely read for themselves.

So what i'm saying here is the MIND.. I mean I like to think of it like the aura..colour combinations... frequency combinations... like a crystal shape that keeps changing form and it filters certain inputs and outputs rather than getting a 100% clear and accurate result.

So I would say... kill that mind of yours or discipline the hell out of it if you want to really manifest things and have them be accurate! I mean I think of it kind of taoist philosophy style.... you put your intentions into a certain outcome... you shape it in your mind, almost as if you were living it, putting you awareness, your WILL into it... generating a fantasy, a detailed desire that exists only yet on a different level... you keep putting more will into it, more awareness as you shape the details and it creates this cyclone, this offset of energy it needs to compensate for... dragging yang or whatever into it, thus creating it.

hard to explain. And can't say i'm qualified to explain taoist philosophy.

But it seems to me willpower = RESULTS!!!.... discipline = ACCURATE RESULTS..

detachment = BEING... = not putting any more conflicting input into the result...

and pure and total detachment from all things = hell with results, I just BE..i'm zen like that.

Anyways... good manifestin' to ya! I think we over complicate the simplicity of it! And the fact that I explained it like this kind of takes away from what I really am starting to feel about it! Anyways. Aint life confusing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Basically to me the truth of it is. I apply this mantra or saying and repeat it to my life and everything that is there. "I attract everything I need I attract everything I want" Its calmed my mind down a lot. I question the nature of "things" like money and stuff and ask myself if these things will really help...

"Brahman plays hide so well that when we try to find it it eludes itself from all sight and view. When it plays seek it enters onto a path of meditation and yoga"

-Alan Watts

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What you're describing to me sounds like Stoicism albiet a lesser version. If you wan't to progress in this disclipline i suggest you temper your expectations concerning that which you don't think about.

It seems that, since you know what you desire, you know what not to think about, then, based on you calling this a secret, expect to get what you've forced yourself not to think about which isn't not wanting but finding a clever way to successfully get what you want.

Now, if you adhered to this discipline of not wanting with a higher object in mind, some subtle spiritual goal in line with the nature of cause and effect, then you're on the next level.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well, now , months ago I lent some money to a friend, we made a deal that he would show up the same amount of money I gave to him to give it to me...
During the summer I gained a lot of money and now I don't want anymore the money I lent him...
There is no way, according to him I must have that money no matter what...But I don't want any money more!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yes it works!
But i was a bit stunned by THE SECRET and Law of attraction.

I went through the whole cultures and mythic/magical issues.
I learned many years ago some witchcraft/magics and there it is the same:
You want something, you visualize it, you can make a ritual for focussing the energies or do this by strong will and sens it out to universe...
AND THEN you must forget it!
You have to not even think about the subject you want to have! and thats the most important part!
It works everytime!
Sometimes when i am very fine tuned i only have to think about something, it happens!
"You are the world and the world is you!" - Krishnamurti
The outside is a reflection of your inside! Get into the flow nd it will work wonders!
Very nice...

But that "little" fact seem to be the kept secret within "THE SECRET"!
I always wondered about why they don´t mention this very important fact! But also i saw that the secret is a masonic production!
The symbols are all over the book/film and ALL contributing "actors" are masons, too! And just look where the money came from...

I know there is an agenda behind and it is surely no coincidence that it came out at this time and not earlier...
But what do they want to tell us with it? Eh?
My opinion about the secret is that it works but only if you have sweared to the masonic "demonic"entities! Yes then it could work as they will fulfill your wishes, you only have to give them your "negative" energy that feeds them...

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Do you know what The Secret is and Law of Attraction is? Well, they may be wrong.

In fact, in my life I had observed and I had experienced things that make me understand that the real Secret is : I don't want.

My best opportunities and success were got when I didn't want actually to succeed.
I met girlfriends whenever I wasn't thinking at all to search for one.
Best friends I got are those who I previously ignored or when at the start I didn't want to befriend.

The day I became headmate of my class at last year in high school, well, that day I completely forgot that day was the day when people were going to vote for their headmates. And...I won!
Whenever I tried to befriend someone I always failed, while my best friends came to me by their own, when I was doing something else.
I always meet people who I ignore, while the people I think about, they are never in the same place I am.
If I don't want to meet someone, every single time, that person is in the same place I am.
I didn't like motorbikes. Well, I was forced by my parents to get a motorbike license. A person who was a sort of rival for me was in the same course with me.
Well, I got the license, while he didn't. But I didn't even care about getting it.

You are taking laws of science (molecular interactions) and are applying them on a macro level? Maybe your experiences could be explained by the fact that you didn't care as much about what you were doing, therefore you weren't preventing yourself from being yourself and had great results?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I noticed a whole slew of books that offer the hidden secret that The Secret forgot to mention. I think that The Secret is to write a book and film a DVD about The Secret and then market the piss out of it until it makes the bestseller list. Like those "Abundance Gospels" and how the preachers and their business managers end up with all the abundance in the form of 25 dollar checks from fixed income believers.

The world is scared and there's a lot of money to be made off scared people.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Do you know what The Secret is and Law of Attraction is? Well, they may be wrong.

In fact, in my life I had observed and I had experienced things that make me understand that the real Secret is : I don't want.

My best opportunities and success were got when I didn't want actually to succeed.
I met girlfriends whenever I wasn't thinking at all to search for one.
Best friends I got are those who I previously ignored or when at the start I didn't want to befriend.

The day I became headmate of my class at last year in high school, well, that day I completely forgot that day was the day when people were going to vote for their headmates. And...I won!
Whenever I tried to befriend someone I always failed, while my best friends came to me by their own, when I was doing something else.
I always meet people who I ignore, while the people I think about, they are never in the same place I am.
If I don't want to meet someone, every single time, that person is in the same place I am.
I didn't like motorbikes. Well, I was forced by my parents to get a motorbike license. A person who was a sort of rival for me was in the same course with me.
Well, I got the license, while he didn't. But I didn't even care about getting it.

By the way, this happens only due to the fact that God doesn't like you. Not at all. We talk about it sometimes, and I have to cool him down before he does something that everyone will regret. He's not a bad guy, but something about you really sets his teeth on edge.

If I were you, I'd stay the hell out of church for the time being. Just an FYI.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This sort of feels as if the OP thinks he is still controlling the process!

Is your 'Need' greater than your 'Want'? That is the ultimate question. It isn't about what you want, but what a Higher Power considers what you need.

Doesn't this make sense. Regardless of your definition of a Higher Power, the Universe genuinely wants you to reach your most happiest State of Being.

Be it Love, Money, Favors, Friendships, or Materials, the Universe provides. Simply begin to take the want out of everything and trust, if you do need then that is a void to fill. There are no voids in "Wanting".

Of course there is always the request. Don't be running around saying, "I need a man, I need a man" because chances are, and more often than not, the Universe will bring you a real man-jerk because the need was not more specific and honest.

Like the boy with the crippled hand, he prayed that his hand could be like the other one and he woke up with two crippled hands. (this is a parable of course)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

You may have found an effective way of casting your shadow, so to speak!

I have noticed the same thing. Funny the way that works isn't it?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

also, think about it this way:

when a person sends out their desires into the aether, the way it is expressed, or worded, is very important.

if one says "I want _____" then the aether is going to hear just that and it comes across as a desire instead of a fulfillment which means it is written down as a want, on the spacetime canvas.

if one says "I have _______" or "I will have _______", then the fulfillment is being expressed as well as the desire that led to it.

we must think or speak of that which will be as if it already is - speak of tomorrow as if it's today.

if you dig.

also, the first response poster, Holist1c, addressed the idea of being non-attached to the outcome.
that is also very important, especially in way of conjuring intentions such as in spells, in magick, etc.
but it isn't a dark art or an exclusive club - we all do it and really that is the whole secret!
but if you, say, write a spell on a scrap of paper and bury it out in your yard, you must then FORGET it exists. if you don't, you influence the outcome and maybe even spoil it altogether.

thoughts are things!
pure thoughts make for lasting things.

it is hard to forget on purpose. i have been able to do this, however, without trying (that's the key! no trying! just do!) and when i've done it, it actually came to fruition. i'm not kidding on that, either.

the best way to genuinely and naturally throw something into the pond of forgetfulness is to immediately do something else, and don't let your mind wander to anything remotely connected to your intentions. if you can involve yourself to the point of being totally absorbed in the activity, right after you do something like that, the more likely you will naturally forget it, for good.

that is, until it comes to fruition!
then you will know, as i did, that it was because i forgot!

this stuff works for both those who do not believe in god and those that do.

for those that do not find the idea of god, in any form, to be logical and/or probable, send your intentions to the Universe. or yourself. whatever. both you and the universe are truly a fact.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
In the exact moment I gave up about going on holiday this year, a few seconds after my uncle invited me to go on holiday with his family for a while...!!! Yes!
I was just thinking " Maybe I don't really want a holiday "...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
great thread and great response guys...i understand what the op means, its as if the secret is to let go instead of holding on to our desires...my mother always tells me "if you chase money, it runs away from you but if you ignore it then it follows you"

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shayanmh

Yeah, I know, I got lots of friends just by ignoring them for a while at the beginning...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
jimirie thank you very much! love you! this may be the missing piece of the puzzle,law of attraction usualy works wonders for me,but i havent tryed forgetting about it,after fantasizing about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I get the same great results myself. Not expecting good things makes them a divine gift when it is bestowed upon you. I too, always met awesome women when not looking, I went to a New Year's Eve party a few years ago, not expecting anything, but I met my awesome wife there. One of my friends once told me something like this: " you know, its those nights I don't shower, my hair is messy, I don't seem to care, and I get lucky that night" And you hit the nail on the head, it goes with every aspect of life, windfalls and good fortune.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There is something to this in some way. Want your family to appreciate you more? Don't always be there for them. Paradoxically, if you're the one talking and communicating with everyone, they get there "fill" of you and when that happens, your value goes down. People won't make an effort to talk to you if you're always the one who puts forth the effort. If they want to talk to you, they'll just wait for you to come to them lol. So if it's like that in families....you think it wouldn't be the same for other people?

Scarcity does a weird thing with people. It automatically increases value for whatever is scarce. Scarcity isn't limited to objects, but people as well. When you don't want a person as a friend or whatever, they'll often be the ones to seek you out. You can be a crappy person, but if you keep things scarce, sadly you'll still have people following you. If you're really nice, open, just by our nature whether we realize it or not, it's a turnoff.

Reminds me of the saying, a fool that keeps his mouth shut can be seen as falsely wise.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
gentleman lets celebrate!
cheers with a glass of red wine!
its tottaly true it seems.
when i wanted to learn german,i wasnt expecting while watching family guy,someone in the cartoon sayd something in german for no reason at all,and not even as part of a joke,its like a strange mixup/error in the show.
when i wanted to learn italian,i downloaded some movie that i know its in english,and it turns out its an italian version.
when i was fantasizing about porshe,i knowed im going to get me a porshe,and i see porshes on the street,bonus points for going in the same country that makes porshes.
gentleman we should be proud of our selfs^^ its so nice to get everything we want,while atheists and negative people fail every day.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ghaleon your tottaly right man,for years i though this only works for "getting girls" but i guess its alot more then that.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I know what you mean, when I was a young man, I was very shy, so in a social setting I was always quiet, and people would go out of their way to talk to me, asking me questions and throwing me nice compliments. As I "grew out of my shell" I began initiating a conversation and leaned towards being more extroverted, but then a lot of people looked at me like I was talking out of place, I got the vibe that they felt like I was prying. All I was doing was saying hi, and trying to break the ice. Then there were a few who reciprocated. Lately I have been staying to myself, not because I am shy, but tired of going out of my way to be nice. If I meet the person who I click with, then that's different. Its as if you get a "buzz" from certain people, others, although they may be nice, give you a ho hum vibe.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by jymmyjaymes]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join