It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret is : I don't want

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Do you know what The Secret is and Law of Attraction is? Well, they may be wrong.

In fact, in my life I had observed and I had experienced things that make me understand that the real Secret is : I don't want.

My best opportunities and success were got when I didn't want actually to succeed.
I met girlfriends whenever I wasn't thinking at all to search for one.
Best friends I got are those who I previously ignored or when at the start I didn't want to befriend.

The day I became headmate of my class at last year in high school, well, that day I completely forgot that day was the day when people were going to vote for their headmates. And...I won!
Whenever I tried to befriend someone I always failed, while my best friends came to me by their own, when I was doing something else.
I always meet people who I ignore, while the people I think about, they are never in the same place I am.
If I don't want to meet someone, every single time, that person is in the same place I am.
I didn't like motorbikes. Well, I was forced by my parents to get a motorbike license. A person who was a sort of rival for me was in the same course with me.
Well, I got the license, while he didn't. But I didn't even care about getting it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
yep,,,I think what you are saying is that you are detached from the outcome,,,

Often attracting the things we may desire is accelerated when we detach from the outcome.

Although you appear to get things you may not consciously desire, subconsciously you do desire these things and by detaching,,,you get it.

Hope that made sense.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
As the Buddha so rightly pointed out...

suffering is caused by desire or craving.

Move beyond desire and the universe becomes your playground!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Do you know what The Secret is and Law of Attraction is? Well, they may be wrong.

In fact, in my life I had observed and I had experienced things that make me understand that the real Secret is : I don't want.

My best opportunities and success were got when I didn't want actually to succeed.
Best friends I got are those who I previously ignored or when at the start I didn't want to befriend.

The day I became headmate of my class at last year in high school, well, that day I completely forgot that day was the day when people were going to vote for their headmates. And...I won!
Whenever I tried to befriend someone I always failed, while my best friends came to me by their own, when I was doing something else.
I always meet people who I ignore, while the people I think about, they are never in the same place I am.
If I don't want to meet someone, every single time, that person is in the same place I am.
I didn't like motorbikes. Well, I was forced by my parents to get a motorbike license. A person who was a sort of rival for me was in the same course with me.
Well, I got the license, while he didn't. But I didn't even care about getting it.

I find it fascinating that you're claiming you can turn you're negatives into positives. It could be a coincidence but then again I don't believe in coincidences.

To me it sounds like you're just a lucky guy claiming to be unlucky.

My conclusion: You're either a sad person pretending to be a happy chappy or you're just another spoilt brat.

I think the answer you're looking for may be Prozac

Get things in perspective and take a good long look at you're life. Really, no offence intended.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

Originally posted by Zagari

I find it fascinating that you're claiming you can turn you're negatives into positives. It could be a coincidence but then again I don't believe in coincidences.

To me it sounds like you're just a lucky guy claiming to be unlucky.

My conclusion: You're either a sad person pretending to be a happy chappy or you're just another spoilt brat.

I think the answer you're looking for may be Prozac

Get things in perspective and take a good long look at you're life. Really, no offence intended.

Nah, he's got it right. It's when I don't think about money or worry about it that I actually save some, it's when I'm not looking for a girlfriend that I actually get approached. There is something to it and while I don't think him or myself have it all figured out, there is a formula, or an order to it and it does seem that the more we try to catch something(like a butterfly) the harder it is to achieve, but when we stop chasing, the butterfly sits on our nose.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This post is really funny because the way i understood the law of attraction was, the least resistant you are to your desires, the more the law of attraction works.

Thus, by saying that you don't want, you're becoming least resistant to that idea, and thus, you manifest whatever faster. So the secret is, become detached and least resistant to what you want, and then thats when magic happens.

Typically if you say, I want the following over and over again, then human nature starts also saying, I've been wanting this for so long, but I'm yet to see it. So yes, you're focusing on what you want, but you're also focusing on the fact that is not there yet; but by saying, I want the following and then forget about it, then you are least resistant and the universe accommodates your needs.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

wow man...heck of a comeback. The point of this was (at least how I percieved the OP) is that we are too object and otucome-based. Say you see a pretty girl or a new job or a car and you desire it. OP is trying to say that all this pent up desire causes us to lose focus of what we would like to achieve. I know in my life I have oonly obtained happiness when I learned to let go. I finally met Raven (HarlequinRaven on ATS) when I quit looking and it's been like that for other things I wanted. The problem is I clearly haven't mastered this because I still have yet to let go. I bet you when I do I can't stop all these issues and be free from this pain and stress I cause myself.

Just because OP learned to control their life and won some good things out of it doesn't make them spoiled. I swear sometimes people aren't allowed to talk about the good in their lives because others who are negative think it makes their life worse. Man I have ALOT of negatives in my life and a few positives. There are a few things I learned and am still learning

1. Most of the negatives were precipitated or worsened by my reaction to negative life events. Yes very bad things happen but your reaction can drastically change the final outcome. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying if you parent dies you should go to a bar and celebrate. Each person mourns negativity in their own time and way. The point is that at some point you have to let that negativity go. If you don't you have already sunk yourself.

2. Appreciate the positives but ALSO appreciate the negatives. IMO we can't appreciate good without the bad but don't become so inwardly focused that you don't let go of the negatives.

3. Finally...and this is key...I am not going to be ashamed of the positives in my life. A very good person on ATS showed me the way and taught me not to be so negative about what I have in my life just because someone else spews venom on me at any moment I may bring it up. Of course, bragging is never healthy

The key is balance...you have to balance yourself and I think ultimately OP is learning or has learned that

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I guess I didn't realize that was a secret. Buddhism and Hinduism have been around a long long long time. I thought they were fairly well known and recognized by billions of people, huh.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's very confusing to say what really works on that subject.

I mean, is It an earhtly thing that even psychology may explain or is It a metaphysical spiritual thing?

I remember reading in a Cosmo magazine about the "power of the least interested". The gist is: he who has the least interest, has the most power in a negotiation, relationship, etc... basicaly the power of walking away.

Then we have books like "nice guys finish last", for example.

Then we have magicians saying things like "no lust for results" or "detachment from the outcome".

Then we have authors like Napoleon Hill saying that we must have a burning desire and repeat out loud our affirmations twice a day (before bed, after wake up).

Then people like you can think about it once and manifest.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thoughts become things !!
Imagine, you've got your brain removed from your head. Your body become....dysfunctional.
Everything start in the mind. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lasimplereality

As per 'Let it Be' - the Beatles.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Something else i feel relates to this,a quote from the Tao Te Ching,,

Freed from desire, you can see the hidden mystery.
By having desire, you can only see what is visibly real.
Yet mystery and reality
emerge from the same source.
This source is called darkness.
Darkness born from darkness.
The beginning of all understanding.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yep i agree with op, secret is cr1p. Do not bother with it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I was into visualisation and law of attraction years ago, but it never gave any results (and I´m always been rather positive). I´ve never heard of anyone who actually has got any real results from it. So, I agree, letting go of desires is the Real Secret
. In Taoism it´s called wu wei. If I stop fighting, then things usually fall into place and problems solve themselves.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think "higher level of consciousness" describes the phenomena behind the law of attraction, hinduism, buddism - and several others have mentioned. I went through a similar understanding, nothing to do with the law of attraction. But it all comes down to the fact that I have a choice of what I want as opposed to a compulsion to indulge or be driven by. I'd like to make my choice at the "policy" level rather than some other. So perhaps one chooses nonconfrontation over all other policies, nonparticipation over spurious activity - or one chooses to struggle. In a crude way it's like the cliche holding a hand over a candle saying the trick is not to ignore the pain, the trick is to not mind it. I inadvertently insulted a close friend once and he wanted to take me out behind the woodshed - once I figured out what had happened it occurred to me all I had to do was change my mind, problem solved - I didn't give up anything but an assumption/presumption and he feel compelled to act on principle.

And I've heard it said "but don't I have the right to my own opinion?".
Absolutely and without question, it is yours, a fundamental human right.

gj

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Very interesting. We are the producers of our thoughts despite the fact that internal and external stimuli have influence. Think about what you wrote in the context of expectations...an outcome for which you desire. I once told a friend of mine that life was so much better when I lowered my expectations. He responded by suggesting that I lose them all together. Great advice.

I'm still what people would call motivated and have some general goals. But I have no expectations. So, now I get the "whammy effect" when good happens...because it's unexpected. If you take a visitor to a place, a beautiful place, that they have never seen before, you can try the principle. If you describe it beforehand, it's beauty and how great it is, it creates expectations in their minds. The more that you talk about it beforehand, the more unrealistic the expectations become. They are not very satisfied when they see it. If you don't tell them anything other than we are going somewhere beautiful, they will marvel when they see it. It will be an unexpected surprise.

By losing your expectations, you will maximize your unexpectations. And I like surprises.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That´s what taoism has told thousands of years. I just happened to read a quote from Lao Tse: "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."

Losing expectations and just going with the Natural Flow is the key, but it´s not easy to do this in reality.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anything is possible and something/nothing may be anything, therefore having a perspective of one particular outcome seems very limiting. Having zero expectation simply means you will never be disappointed. Everything will be a surprise, like this thread- which I very much enjoy.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That was strange...Yesterday I wanted to know a certain person...Today I forgot that...
He has the same surname of one of my friends.
Today I was riding on a bike on a street ( coincidentally a street near the one where I originally met his brother for first time...And the day when 2 years ago we knew each other better ) and given that today his brother was strangely ignoring me I thought " I want ( surname ) to talk to me ".

Immediately after I finished that sentence, I end up meeting his brother and he unexpectedly talked to me ( we don't know each other ).
Than, the discussion ended with him calling me names...
Well, strange, but now I'm trying to talk ith him on the internet.
Maybe we were just destined to know each other at a certain time?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Its working again a lot of times.

To do an example, I wanted to meet a certain person and I wasn't having a chance to talk to this person.
Well, I simply gave up and I didn't think about it until yesterday.
Today I casually met this person in front of my best friend's house.
Sit down and ready to talk. But, as usual, we didn't have a long conversation, instead very short.
Tomorrow I plan to be there again to start a conversation.
I guess if I change idea I will meet this person again, maybe in front of my house, lol.

Whenever I don't think to something, regularly that thing happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join