It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christians, follow your book.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
if you do not follow your holy book to perfection, you are a satanic hypocrite who deserves to burn in whatever place your religion calls for. you attack atheists for not believing; yet you pretend like you truly practice what you push on everyone else...you don't, because you would be a much more awful person if you did.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tektek2012
if you do not follow your holy book to perfection, you are a satanic hypocrite who deserves to burn in whatever place your religion calls for. you attack atheists for not believing; yet you pretend like you truly practice what you push on everyone else...you don't, because you would be a much more awful person if you did.

Why do you care so much?
Don't you have something better to do?
Do you like fishing?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Although I agree with the topic of your thread, the rest however, requires address.

if you do not follow your holy book to perfection, you are a satanic hypocrite who deserves to burn in whatever place your religion calls for.

This is not what the Bible says:

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless." - 2 Samuel 22:31

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8

you attack atheists for not believing;

I do? That's quite judgemental. As an ex-aggressive agnostic, I understand what it means to not believe.

yet you pretend like you truly practice what you push on everyone else...

How do you know I pretend to truly practice? Mind citing some specific examples in regard to myself?

you don't, because you would be a much more awful person if you did.

List my 'awfulness' if you please, again, make it specific to me instead of prejudiciously basing your statement on what you've observed in others.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Why do you care so much?

I'm grateful the original poster cares. Perhaps s/he is looking for an ideal rolemodel for Christianity in order to become a believer. Such an individual does exist, is perfect and is without sin:

In reference to Christ, "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin." - Hebrews 4:15

Don't you have something better to do?

You don't see discussions on ATS as a worthwhile past time? Why then are you here?

Do you like fishing?

I do. In fact I am fishing, but not in a literal sense.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

This is a rant!!

Regardless of what you may think... people are allowed to believe whatever they want!!

Are you not pushing what you think on others with this very thread? And you speak of hypocrisy??

Yes there are Christians who push their views on others... Yes there are Christians who do not practice what they preach... But same can be said for any group... Christians, Muslims, Agnostics, atheists etc...

I get tired of having to make this point

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
WOW!

Even as an athiest myself, I find thins kinda offensive.

What a pointless and lets face it, incorrect rant.

There is nothing in the bible that says that Christians should follow it word for word. It is understood that most of it is formed from parables and it's the teachings and underlying meaning of the bible that should be followed, not the words.

Also, I've never been attacked for being an athiest. I've been questioned and I've even gotten into very interesting theological debates, but never attacked. Even if I was attacked for it, as an athiest, I would simply find it funny, as I DON'T BELIEVE IN WHAT THE ATTACKER IS ATTACKING ME WITH!

To all Christians and other religeous/spiritual people, please do not take this fool as an example of athiests in general. Most of us simply say "believe what you want and good luck with that, just leave us out of it".

[edit on 8-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

you're so darn right! most of christians take from their book only what they like, the bible is full of evil doings, sacrifices (human and animal), killings, rape, slavery OK for nations except 1 (the jews)

the bible is no way the word of THE PRIME CREATOR
this is satan's best seller, or some alien abductors that like worship and pretend to be gods

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

Funny you should say that, I've often wondered at the possibility that people have always worshipped the wrong god, simply because of all the horrible things that are done in his name.

What if Satan's greatest trick wasn't convining man that he didn't exist, but that he was in fact God himself?

It's worth considering

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Are you being sarcastic?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

You may be right. Who knows? We could all be God and not know it! That would be pretty cool in by book.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

You may be right. Who knows? We could all be God and not know it! That would be pretty cool in by book.

Huh, not quite what I was thinking, but an interesting notion. Of course, then your going into the realms of humanism, which is another religion entirely.

I meant, maybe the God most people worship is actually satan and vice versa.

If you've ever read up on the ideals of Satanism, it's actually quite interesting. There are no sacrifices to satan. You treat others as you would like to be treated, unless they harm you first, then swift, harsh retalliation is required. Basically it's just about being a bit of a selfish git, but not being restricted by the faith.

BTW, I am in no way advocating Satanism here, just that their policies are worth looking into if you think it's all about sacrificing virgins on the alter, you'll be in for a surprise.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Bible, which is perfect, tells us why we need a savior. Jesus is the only one who ever perfectly obeyed every word of it, and the will of God, even to the cross. That is why we need Jesus, because he did it for all of us so that we may receive freely what he died for, perfection. We are perfect if we have Christ as Lord and Savior. If we do not we are doomed to endless failure and sin. This same Bible says to all.

From the Bible, book of Romans:

" And all who call upon the name of the Lord (Jesus) shall be saved."

" For with the heart man believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation."

" For today is the accepted time, and now is the day of salvation."

Jesus said:

" All who come to me I will in no way cast out."
" He that confesses me before men I will confess before my Father in heaven and before the angels."
" He that believes in me (trusts), even though he die, yet he shall live, and he that lives and believes shall never die."
" I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one can come to the Father except through me."
" Come to me all of you who bear heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."
" Behold, I am coming soon."

John 3:16 " For God loved the world so much that he gave (surrendered) his only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes (trusts) in Him would not perish (die in hell) but have everlasting life."

Yes, the Bible is perfect. God is perfect. Jesus is perfect for us to all who believe in Him. Jesus did for us what we ourselves could not do. Receive Him today. Ask Him to forgive you of all your sins and save you and be the Lord of your life and you will never die nor be condemned at the great judgment of God where your whole life will be examined before all of heaven.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

That reminds me of the site "joy of satan" The site user points out that Satan created us and is our true God. While the God of Judaism and so on is either false or a evil God.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

That reminds me of the site "joy of satan" The site user points out that Satan created us and is our true God. While the God of Judaism and so on is either false or a evil God.

This just sounds like the best attempt at getting lost a person could make.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow buddy, you sure its the christians attacking that is the problem here?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you have met a few "Sunday" Christians.

Might I introduce a song by a Christian group about such a thing.

This band is rather amazing in the music they make.

Raist

[edit on 4/8/10 by Raist]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I hate not being able to star on BTS.

STAR!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thanks.

I actually just found that group by the way. They remind me of Nightwish, Within Temptation, and somewhat of Flyleaf. A nice sounding symphonic metal band, and Christian to boot.

That video though is awesome.

Raist

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I like how they have bibles in the courtroom, but they don't forgive me for driving drunk. Or they blow up abortion clinics. Where's the forgiveness?

Hello?? Forgiveness is a huge thing for Christians, but none of them practice it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPsychoSexy

I like how they have bibles in the courtroom, but they don't forgive me for driving drunk. Or they blow up abortion clinics. Where's the forgiveness?

Hello?? Forgiveness is a huge thing for Christians, but none of them practice it.

Really? I was pretty sure I worked hard at forgiveness. I fail at times but normally I do pretty well at that. I do have other struggles though.

Christians are never perfect, some may act it but they are only lying to themselves or those around them. Those that act as such are really fooling no one though. But just a reminder please try to not generalize an entire group by some you meet.

Generlization is bad for all.

Raist

top topics

<<   2 >>

join