It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer This..!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A very simple question, which i will look forward to the answers...
Where in the bible does it mention the jurassic period..i.e (dinosaurs).
I mention this to every Jehovas witness that comes knocking on my door...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hahahahaha!

I don't think it does mention anything to do with Dinosaurs or prehistoric era life forms.

I used to be friends with a couple catholic or christian (not sure what religion) kids that used to go to my primary school, their parents were under the impression that the Earth was only like 6000 years old.
We had an excursion to a Museum once which had dinosaur bones on display, the two mates I mentioned before weren't allowed to go because their parents said that it goes against their church and the Bibles teachings, and that the Earth wasn't around millions of years ago.

How can people believe this? There are bones like RIGHT THERE!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

Exactly, There is no answer...thankyou for the response

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack

I don't believe the Bible mentions the Jurassic Period. I also don't see where it discounts the Jurassic Period either. The Bible seems more focused on human history rather than fauna or flora. There are a few words that we don't have definitions of like "behemoth" and "leviathan" but it's unclear whether these are current beasts or extinct ones.

Regarding Jehovas Witnesses, my advice is to read the whole chapter of the Bible from which the sentence was pulled. If the chapter doesn't gel with the context of that one sentence, this should tell you something.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan_The_Maori
I used to be friends with a couple catholic or christian (not sure what religion) kids that used to go to my primary school, their parents were under the impression that the Earth was only like 6000 years old.

I've seen the 'math' on how this 6,000 is claimed to be from, however it makes a few assumptions as I see it.

Originally posted by Jordan_The_Maori
How can people believe this? There are bones like RIGHT THERE!

The only way I can see someone reconciling this is if they believe that God put the bones there to deceive mankind. Deception, as I understand it, is not the practice of God but rather the enemy.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The bible doesnt mention mobile phones or computers either.. Why??... Because those names and words had not been invented yet..

The word "dinosaur" was first coined by Sir Richard Owen in the 1900's..

The bible does however refer to giant lizards called Behemoth and Leviathan. It also mentions dragons..... You do the math...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Damn you! When you're right, your right. I was going to say something very similar. The bible does describe great beasts calles Behemoths indeed.

I may be an athiest, but I at least know about what I don't believe in!

[edit on 8-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
The bible does however refer to giant lizards called Behemoth and Leviathan. It also mentions dragons..... You do the math...

Yes, but dragons aren't mentioned until Revelation...so unless time is moving backwards...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It is behemoth...lived in the swamps, on the plains, and in the mountains. Is described as being large with legs like iron, and each step echoes..ie thunder lizaed.

Many theologians and commentators claim it is an elephant or hippo...but the description of the tail is the key.... a tail like the cedars of Lebanon...

the cedars of lebanon were huge and strong...used and referred to by soloman in construction of the temple. Ever see the tail of a hippo or elephant...tiny in respects to the creature. A massive animal with a massive tail...in all geographic locations...Behemoth= dinosaur.

Refer to the Book of Job... I like the KJV best, most descriptive too.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Many theologians and commentators claim it is an elephant or hippo...but the description of the tail is the key.... a tail like the cedars of Lebanon...

the cedars of lebanon were huge and strong...used and referred to by soloman in construction of the temple. Ever see the tail of a hippo or elephant...tiny in respects to the creature. A massive animal with a massive tail...in all geographic locations...Behemoth= dinosaur.

Refer to the Book of Job... I like the KJV best, most descriptive too.

Aha! Learn something new everyday. I missed the tail part, thank you for this. All new brain-food to throw into the mix for me.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

It does not mention dinos but this whole thing is really just an attempt to troll. If you were really trying to find an answer you obviously have the internet and could look something simple like that up.
I know what you are trying to do you are waiting for someone to respond "they were put there by the devil" but that probably will not happen.

This forum is dedicated to the speculation and examination into conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions. This forum is not for the general discussion of religious topics.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Noah could not get the dinosaurs on the ark!
could be some one just made up the bible?
blind faith is just that, blind.
the first big brother manipulating controlling government was Religion...
look how much money the catholic church has!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Answer This...!

Where is the conspiracy in your OP?

Eric

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Dear Conspiracy Seekers,

It infers from the initial post that the poster's regular visitors are covering up a part of earth's historical past, namely the Jurassic Period. Indeed if any group were hiding the truth of history, make this not a conspiracy? Need the original post say the 'magic' word? Whistleblowers, put down thy whistle.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Heck ya i agree some of the hidden stuff ON purpose would really literaly blow ur socks off,, all of the Confirmed stuff especially, boy would everyones attitudes change in a hurry wow some of the stuff i have seen is

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I believe the bible from Genesis-Revelations is speaking of man only. When man was Created. Or more accurately when the non-corrupted version of man was created.

When Cain killed his brother Abel, he was afraid that someone (not God) was going to kill him after he was banished forever more.

In the Book of Enoch (a gnostic non-canonized book) It speaks in more depth of the Nephilim. How The angels of heaven, lead by Satan (angelic name of Azazel), came upon the earth and mated with man kind creating Nephilim (Giants with 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes respectively).

It is my belief that God then created Adam and Eve. They were free of the angelic taint. Then that is when Azazel (being jealous of Adam and Eve) decided to then tempt Eve with the Fruit of Good and Evil. She ate of it then so did Adam.

Therefore they were cast out of the Garden of Eden. Noah was the grandson of Enoch (who is mentioned briefly in Genesis), who was then commanded to create an Arc because God was going to rid the world of the taint of Angelic-Human hybrid (Nephilim). Noah, his sons, and sons wives being the only ones who kept to Gods word and was without taint.

My two cents excuse the rant

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OP

" exactly there is no answer "

So was the OP sincere? Are you looking for a sincere answer or do you want God not to be real?

which reminds me of another thread

teasin OP...... you're a good guy..

peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A better question is, "How do you get females to follow your sect, when it clearly states the 144,000 will be virgin males descended from the twelve tribes of Israel?"

That's one I'd like the answer to...nothing really in it for them....

top topics

join