It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralell Universes - Discussion Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The Breaking news most of us now know is that some sientific methods PROOF that paralell Universes exists.

Whilst I 'm still confused what this really means to me here are few points I really would like to discuss with you :

1) If a person is a good one in a Universe and a Murderer in another, what about Heaven? so this might proof that there is nothing awaiting? or maybe that you never die since you live instantly in another universe for eternity? or maybe that you never lived?

2) The experiment carried out was with some sort of a fork that was put in a state close to both universes. Is it possible than that whilst sleeping our mind is put in the state that it can travel through these Universes and thus the people you meet and the places you visit actually are happening right now?

3) What about the people we know over here, are they really them?

4) Are we living in this body or are we travelling at the spped of light from one universe to the other and you acquire instantly all the history of your life as if you lived it

5) when we fall asleep we all felt sometimes as if we fell down from somewhere, is it possible that at that time you are really born?, what I mean is that you died in a universe and you are projected at the speed of light into another one

So what this news means to you, what do you about my points?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

It is quite interesting to think about really. I guess technically evolution could be the cause of humanity in this world and creationism could rule the latter. Or vica versa. We would still be our own selves so I don't think we would go to hell because of our alter ego being a dou**e. I haven't astral projected but I could see people doing that actually going into the alternate realities. Finally I just want to comment on the time thing of this whole story. As someone who has always said that time travel is impossible I would now like to take that back. The problem I have always thought about is disrupting realities as we knew them and the problems. Really if someone went to Germany and killed Hitler right now surely the human race wouldn't exist in this present time. Parallel timelines can explain this and I have never been more happy to be wrong in my life. Someone travels through time and f**ks something up, not our problem, its some other dimensions problem.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

who knows what ancient civilizations knew about this, i like your concept of time traveling very much.

Also we have to ask now, since lets keep in mind this is something scientifically proven, what shall we do with it?, why do we know they exist?, what is the next step?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
maybe in another universe someone is participating to this thread

come on guys..i really want to understand this stuff ..help out

[edit on 8-4-2010 by heineken]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

1) If a person is a good one in a Universe and a Murderer in another, what about Heaven? so this might proof that there is nothing awaiting? or maybe that you never die since you live instantly in another universe for eternity? or maybe that you never lived?

I enjoy the imagination. All are possible from these eyes. Perhaps good and evil are simply human beliefs (understanding). Perhaps there is nothing AND something awaiting? Perhaps death is also a human belief (understanding). Can one experience without life?

2) The experiment carried out was with some sort of a fork that was put in a state close to both universes. Is it possible than that whilst sleeping our mind is put in the state that it can travel through these Universes and thus the people you meet and the places you visit actually are happening right now?

Perhaps this explains dreams and deja vu?

3) What about the people we know over here, are they really them?

Something/Nothing may be anything.

4) Are we living in this body or are we travelling at the spped of light from one universe to the other and you acquire instantly all the history of your life as if you lived it

Perhaps one is neither inside nor outside the human body?

5) when we fall asleep we all felt sometimes as if we fell down from somewhere, is it possible that at that time you are really born?, what I mean is that you died in a universe and you are projected at the speed of light into another one

Perhaps the 'falling' sensation is experienced due to a change in perception and or awareness?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Interesting idea. I think you would go to Hell. I guess if murders go to Hell. Are you saying that there are different Heaven's and Hells and Gods in Parallel Universes? I believe everything to be exactly the same, per se, however like the news article said, you could be looking at someone playing soccer, while in the other universe you would be watching the "Simpsons". So are you saying there are Parallel Gods?

I am existing in a Parallel Universe right now. I must be because Parallel Universes exist? Are my dreams in this reality visual connections through memory of what I encounter in the Parallel Universe?

I think what they mean by Parallel Universes, imagine a mirror. Not entirely a mirror image. Think of Alice going down the Rabbit Hole. A mirror in a mirror to infinity. You might be sitting at a desk looking at your computer. Imagine freezing time at one instance. That is what the electron experiment did, I believe it shows that the electrons are at 2 different locations at different times, thus showing a Parallel Universe. So if we are able to raise the scale from electrons to a person sitting in front of a computer, then the person sitting in front of the computer is also at another location at another time...A Parallel Universe.

At every instance we exist in a different location at a different time. Or at least our electrons do. Therefore if you can scale that up to larger size object or location, in essence you are able to time travel via Parallel Universe.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
thank you for your response

i can see now that many new windows of possibilities are open in understanding life.

still this matter is so mind blowing that my mind shuts down when trying to understand it.

We need more input..see more what others thin about it,

Maybe we can start by pointing out "What is the next step?", now that we know parallel universes do exist, whats next?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You're mistaken, I'm afraid. There is no proof of the existence of any other universe apart from our own. There are some scientific theories that support the idea, but they cannot be proved, so it's all guesswork.

Have you been watching Fox News? I believe some stupid claim about proof of parallel universes was made there recently.

However, the news item is based on research that doesn't prove what the headline says it does. Don't believe everything you read in the media.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm very curious. Why do you need proof or why do you not seek?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There seems to be some odd link between "reality" and consciousness that's hard to pin down, mostly because we don't have good scientific terms for them.

See, parallel universes offer a possible explanation for a lot of things that happen in physics that we don't quite understand. So the creation of parallel universes is a kind of mathematical "cheat." It's because math isn't really a very good representation of what actually happens in reality. It's a symbolic representation that's used for convenience.

But it seems to me that with all the possible parallel universes out there, with an infinite number of duplicates of myself and my existence possible, how come I'm only aware of this one? It seems pretty stable, too. There aren't a lot of odd things popping in and out of existence. (UFOs, maybe) So how come I'm only seeing one version of things?

To me, that means mathematically there might be an infinite or near-infinite number of universes out there, but unless I'm in one of them, they don't really exist. The only one that exists is the one I'm in and perceiving at the moment.

There's no way to represent that mathematically, however. There's no variable for consciousness and perception that fits neatly in an equation.

new topics

top topics

join