It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona declares weapons exempt from national firearms paperwork-6th State!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Article:

A sixth state – Arizona – now has declared that guns made and kept inside its borders essentially are free from federal application, registration and ownership regulations in a surging movement among states that one supporter describes as a direct challenge to "a government monopoly on the supply of firearms."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2865c0e3e2b.jpg[/atsimg]

Gov. Jan Brewer this week signed the state's version of a "Firearms Freedom Act," which originated in Montana and now has been adopted by six states, with several dozen more in various stages of their own plans. Brewer issued a statement that the law is intended to give Washington the message that they should not try to "get between Arizonans and their constitutional rights."

Source:www.wnd.com...

From looking at this map, it appear we the citizens have a lot of work to do. I will be checking my states status today! The liberals/progressives and/or whatever else you want to call them will never give up trying to deny your right to bear arms and protect yourself.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What I dont understand is how do they have a monopoly? I live in Wisconsin and our gun stores are filled with guns? What is meant by a monopoly?

And do these new regulations let felons own firearms? What exactly is the point when the state you live is still putting your name into the computer? I would like more info before making up my mind on this issue. If you have more to add I would appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I am as confused as you are on that on!
Perhaps he was trying to refer to a regulatory monopoly?
The phrase is literally nonsense, but maybe that's what he meant.
Otherwise I have no clue. Thanks.

gj

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is great news and the chart is good too!

Thanks for the information. I see my state is introducing the FFA.
This should be more important right now than most of the latest topics....

[edit on 8-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's always nice to see your state being noticed for something good.

The local politics here in western TN can get a bit nasty, but it's nice to be able to say we have already passed similar legislation.

S + F for the op!

new topics

top topics

join