It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 (video) Preview - a look at the new ATS, coming soon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Have you guys released an app for the iphone yet? cos that would be handy. i know the video wont work in the apple OS but maybe it could be hosted on youtube which is supported. just an idea and as stated by other posters this is awesome cant wait for the upgrade i know its been a long time coming. i hope the new site will be flexible. so that any further patches can be implemented with as little hassle as possible. well done guys.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

looks great, hope it's released to us soon for public beta

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Looking great so far, and it'll be interesting seeing the return of WATS.

The only question I have would be; can one still sort recent posts by the most recent replies/postings?

Having the option to sort by the number of flags and/or the sheer number of responses is nice, but I can see such a system burying "fresh" threads, and I fear possible "diamonds" being lost in the proverbial "rough".

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Heavy Sigh.

Just joking! It's awesome!

Can't wait to wrap my mouse (and my head) around it!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Glad the color scheme is going to stay the same. Hate when sites change their color scheme around. Throws me off for a long time.

Some pretty nice additions though. Real time updates look really good. Glad to see a lot of these improvements.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It is shaping up and starting to look lean and mean.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Looks great!
As a person who is sometimes resistant to 'net site changes, this looks like a real improvement, with a painless learning curve. I like the return of WATS.

Will the media portal remain the same? How about RATS... any changes there?

Looking forward to it! Thank you for working so hard for us.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It would be great if there was a possibility in the new shell to have a "Watch List" to place favorite writers on a list and then receive a notice when they post new threads or maybe even reply to existing ones. It could develop into "ATS cults" and "schools of thought". There could also be a gauge in each mini profile showing a bar or similar of how many followers each member/writer has.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wow, looks absolutely awesome!!

Really can't wait for it now.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nice! I really like the new color scheme & design! - looks great!

Congratulations, well done! hope it runs as smooth as it looks?

Great work guys! - absolutely beautiful!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Nice! It looks really great and some major changes!

BTS/ATS being merged is fantastic, plus the realtime thread spot!

Still looking for that Random thread button! Now that could be awesome!

Otherwise, I have nothing to complain about, and it's gonna be really cool!

Good job!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
beautiful!!!

Will the board sections still be available by clicking as opposed to only drop down menus?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The new features look really cool. I'll be interested to see how it's received by some of the newer members. Hopefully the live update will allow more obscure threads to be promoted faster, so they're not lost in a political bashing war.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Looks good, but will I be able to browse the new site on the WYSE clients at work?

Seriously, I can't wait for the update - go ATS

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Lookin good!! Real time is going to be a great addition as well as the ability to sort by stars, flags, etc.

As resistant as many of us are to change, I really think this new layout will streamline things once everyone gets the hang of navigation and whatnot.

Cheers to the team who put this all together, I'm sure it took a lot of work and sweat, but your work not go unappreciated!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I thought it might turn out to be one of those changes
that turn everything upside down ,like when someone
cleaned up your place of living differently to surprise you
so you'd have trouble finding things and adjusting...

...but from what I've seen ,this is looking above top awesome.

The ATS staff have really outdone themselves this time

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Looks pretty cool Bill. I especially like the way the recent posts display. Seems easier to read. I just wish like heck you could bring back the views column. I know you said that it's too much strain on the database, but with all that new hardware, isn't there some kind of way to do this?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick
Glad the color scheme is going to stay the same. Hate when sites change their color scheme around. Throws me off for a long time.

TBH the default ATS colours have always put me off.

Personally, I would like to see a better light version than what's on offer. I don't just mean light in colour but in general visual appearance. ie. No gradients, background images, etc. But yeah, understandably, it would take a while to create additional templates.

Perhaps ATS can provide some sort of customisation? Something where users can provide their own CSS files, either for themselves or for other users to download.

Oh and... PLEASE REPLACE THE EMOTICONS

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Cant wait for REAL-TIME!

and thank you so much for converging ats and bts, that makes everything so much simpler! I must say i like the dark color scheme but the green should be a good addition.

Great job guys, cant wait to use it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I couldn't get the whole video to load due to Whataburger's slow wireless (i'll check it all out later) but for the most part looks good.

I'm not sure how I feel about the real time updates, I know to some it will be a dream come to true, but for me it seems like more of an annoyance. But I'll get used to it. I'm sure I will find out ways to bypass it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join