It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 (video) Preview - a look at the new ATS, coming soon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As we're getting close to a "private beta" version of the new design for our staff to begin testing, I've asked the development team to put together a video that shows off some of the new design and features of the upcoming ATS 2010 total site redesign. The video shows a few pages from the fully-functional pre-beta web site.

(click to open player in new window)

Watch the video on the media portal for a larger frame-size version.

Or, for those on ultra-fast internet connections who like to expand videos to full-screen and analyze still-frames, view the ultra-high-quality version on the media portal here: ATS 2010 HD Preview

And for those who've been asking, yes, we will indeed pre-announce the exact moment in time when we cut-over from the old ATS, to the new ATS 2010 site design. It will most likely be on a Monday morning (EST) before the end of April... early May at the latest.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

WooHoo!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The real time update is a great idea. The merge though ehh i can take or leave. I like the results sorting option aswell.

The layout also looke great guys. Nice job so far. Can't wait to get ahnds on.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Real time looks great, and sort by flags...and the best of the best! lol!!! *gets pin to prick and deflate shrodie and Ozs heads

Edit to add....alot of work there SO, well, done, i can imagine it has been like a newborn for you...cheers to your coders and staff

[edit on 8-4-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It looks really cool…but I am resistant to change!

Can’t we just keep things the way they are? Is the old ATS going to end up where my goldfish went?

How do we know the new ATS won’t leave us for richer, better looking conspiracy theorists?

Someone tell me it will be alright, please!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Looking forward to it!

When can we expect to begin using the new version?

Edit: I fail...

Late April or Early May.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by OrphenFire]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Too late to stop it ... Jump on the bus - enjoy the ride.

The preview looks very cool... Looking fwd to more.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm not easily impressed and folks that know me know that I HATE change but this is really exciting.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

i think my favorite new feature will be the "real time ats" thats gonna be great.

i hope ats2010 can be released soon

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Looks pretty sweet, once everyone knows their way around the new format, it should be all good.

As long as it is as reliable, and not prone to collapsing etc.

Good work.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Was that a sort replies by stars I saw. Hope so.

Love the auto update of threads.

Glad to see you all working hard to take the top spot.

Hope my rants over what should change helped.

I know my ideas created some friction with management, but I still say you are the classiest alternative forum on the web.

Rock on and hope you kick the crap outta that other no class site.

PS- Still like to be able to have membership get 3 thumbs up/down votes per thread to sort the replies by.

SkepAntiSep

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

As you know I get distraught when members change their avatars!

The whole site?

Next you will be telling me to switch my horse for these new cars! To trade in my coleman lantern for those light bulb things, to...dare I say, trade my Jiffy Pop Stove Top Popcorn Popper for Microwave popcorn!

Where will it end.

It looks cool but how do we know this isn't a Annunaki takeover of ATS...after all it looks like awful sophisticated technology!

[edit on 8/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Looks more geared towards the advertising perspective.
I do, think live updates is a fantastic idea!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The live updates and the sorting features look fantastic and will be really useful. Not too sure if I'm such a fan of the post count returning to forums, that is NEVER a good thing in my opinion. But overall, this is very impressive, looking forward to it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Bill as you know I love the new look and changes coming to ATS....

You guys spoil us! :p

Can't wait!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I like it, I like it a lot.

I hope using HTML tags will be esier in this version, like vBulletin, CTRL+B will give me bold.

But as to the new design, it looks great! At first, I was like "info overload" but then I saw the "board home" and calmed down a bit.

Anyways, can't wait!

*Edit*
Looks like our avatars will have to change, can you give us any idea as to file size and dimensions we'll be able to work with? From what I saw (which wasn't much) is it 150x150 sized avatars?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Frontkjemper]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'll check out the site when it goes live but the video was superb!

Recently rendered (within the past 24 hours), had a lot of the ol' favourites there (Stargates are real) and I even saw Jkrog08 get a mention on WATS

Only thing that could have made it better in my opinion would have the inclusion of my 'You Are All Just Human' thread - but hey! That's the me in me.

Looking forward to it going live!!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Looks great. You guys seem to have really outdone yourselves.

Change isn't always a bad thing

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I like it, it looks more modern. I still prefer if it has slightly glossier or shinier look, though, coz ATS color in general is pretty plain.
I hate the green color for the recent post, that kind of green is just too unsightly IMO. That's a big no no.

Real time updates is excellent. And its layout is good.

Can I somehow change some of the color theme myself?

add:
How about the navigation? How much is the improvement for it?

[edit on Thu, 8 Apr 10 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I can’t wait,
you guys really put a lot of thought & work into this website.
ATS website is design very well and simple to navigate, which is very important to new comers. I welcome the change.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join