It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah governor signs bills to seize federal land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

www.latimes.com

Utah Gov. Gary R. Herbert has signed two bills authorizing the state to use eminent domain to seize some of the federal government's most valuable land.

Supporters hope the bills, which the Republican governor signed Saturday, will trigger a flood of similar legislation throughout the West and, eventually, a Supreme Court battle that they hope to win -- against long odds.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

More than 60% of Utah is owned by the U.S. government, and policymakers complain that federal ownership hinders their ability to generate tax revenue and adequately fund public schools. Governments use eminent domain to take private property for public use.

Initially, the state would target three areas, including the Kaiparowits plateau in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, which is home to large coal reserves. Eminent domain would also be used on parcels where Interior Secretary Ken Salazar scrapped 77 oil and gas leases last year.

It is apparent that the Governor of Utah agreed to his copy of the RTR Demands... Othwise he would not have been so busy repealing federal laws on gun control, moving to scrap government theft leases, and now making a move to sieve Utah properties claimed as Federal Lands.

This should be the wave that ALL of America needs to follow!

www.latimes.com

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Now perhaps he can return the land stolen from the Native Americans; the original owners.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is Huge
This is bigger than huge
this is GIGANTOR !!!!

OMG
I cant believe it

but I can def understand his point
no land means no tax revenue

good for him and the State of Utah
Cheers

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Now perhaps he can return the land stolen from the Native Americans; the original owners.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by whaaa]

I think even a few square miles here and there would be a nice start.

I believe this to be wonderful news, and a few of us might start considering moving to Utah.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I definitely think Utah is, of all the states, one that would try their boundaries, as Mormons observe a strict practice of self sufficiency, and take action in support of family oriented issues.

That is, of course, if you're a Mormon lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If Kansas would do something like that, I would be overjoyed. However, I'm not stepping foot in the land of the crazies for any reason.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

www.latimes.com

Utah Gov. Gary R. Herbert has signed two bills authorizing the state to use eminent domain to seize some of the federal government's most valuable land.

Supporters hope the bills, which the Republican governor signed Saturday, will trigger a flood of similar legislation throughout the West and, eventually, a Supreme Court battle that they hope to win -- against long odds.

I saw Utah Gov. Gary R. Herbert interviewed by FOX News the day we all heard that the 50 Governors had been served with the the People's Declaration of Restoration which is one of the stages in The Restore America Plan.

In the interview, Gov. Herbert stated that "the letter" received by the Governors was nonthreatening and he was careful to point out that the F.B.I.'s official statement concerning "the letter" had also been of that same opinion, "the letter" is nonthreatening.

Gov. Herbert further added that "the letter" is simply an attempt by an organization called the Guardians of the Free Republics which represents the American People to bring the actions of all of the Governors in the 50 free American Republics back to being in compliance with only those that are outlined in the principles enumerated in the Constitution.

Gov. Herbert went on to say that he feels that Constitutional governance is the wise track and, thus, he is in favor of adhering to a strictly Constitutional mode of governance.

Earlier that same day, it was determined through bonafide word of mouth channels that Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana had been the first of America's Governors to accept the conditions outlined in the Peoples' Declaration of Restoration.

Thus, when during the interview with Utah Gov. Herbert FOX news showed a map of 16 states (Free Republics) in which they stated that the Governor had gone on record with having received "the letter" AND Utah and Louisiana were included on that map, and knowing that it was already a matter of record (as reported in the MSM) that ALL FIFTY Governors had been served with "the letter", I took the map of 16 states to mean that these are the states (Free Republics) in which the Governors have already accepted the conditions laid out in the Peoples' Declaration of Restoration, i.e. these were the Governors who had already agreed to take a new oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution and to govern only in compliance with the Constitution.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by nuffsaid747]

new topics

top topics

join