It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Video: Georgia witness captures bright light changing colors in night sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The camera zooming in and out only accounts for like a loss of 50-75% of the light.

The light actually drops it's entire intensity for a long period of time.

If you watch the sequences of zooms, you can tell that this is the case.

He obviously is accidentally zooming and shaking the camera, because what he is witnessing is freaking him out.

Also, Phage has a great point.

Where is the rest of the video?

We are missing about 35minutes. If what I read was correct.

Also I need to do research and find out how to calculate the degrees of movement that object made during the mid portion of that video when it was stable.

Then I need to find out the amount of degrees that Venus would travel in that amount of time, and Sirius since that's another explanation supplied.

If the amount of movement is too fast, which may possibly be the case, it will have to be ruled out that those are viable explanations.

If anyone can do those calculations before I can, be my guest. I may be awhile.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Guys, this is sad.

Here you are calling this Venus when you didn't watch the video at all.

Especially the last 1 minute of the video.

The object turns red, then blinks on, and off, on and off.

It is pretty freaking crazy man.

The video looks genuine to me. I like it.

See , I was so ready to say Venus too. Haha! But then when I saw the BLINKING, I knew that can't be the right answer.

Let's come up with something that fits.

Possible that light cloud cover would alter the color of Venus and make it blink off and on. The video, as much as I'd like it to be a saucer, is just an unidentified light or star/planet.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
At 6:40 the light just goes off. There is no focusing effect at this crucial point.

After a moment, the guy says bewildered 'its gone' and someone else I think repeats him. Both sound astonished.

A tense and long moment of pure black occurs for possibly 10seconds.

Then, a Car is driving up near them. This may be the cause of the camera man's First jerking and zooming of focus, because I think the car scared him.

He was frightened because he was staring at a UFO, so the sudden car turning the corner made him jump.

Which it was all very coincidental happening at the same exact moment like that.

At this point he struggles to regain focus.

This is the part of the video that makes me say , it's either a hoax, or it's real.

Maybe it's a hoax. Maybe they are using laser pointers.

Maybe they are adding it all in later through special effects.

Anything can be faked.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wow, this is the BEST example I've seen!!! What I mean is, I'm currently drafting a guide to how to video the sky at night.. And of course i want examples of all the things that you can do wrong, like:

Don't give precise times.
Shake the camera around.
Use autofocus.
Don't tell us about the camera and its settings.
Don't adjust the exposure to show the background.
Don't show us any other stars or planets for comparison.
Don't tell us about the sky conditions.
Don't research what *should* have been in the sky in that location, and tell us where it was in relation (cough-Venus-cough).

It also helps if you are totally unfamiliar with basic night observing skills, like the fact that stars and planets do scintillate/pulsate esp. when near the horizon, do show 'rainbow' colours, do go reddish near the horizon...

Yup, this one ticks all the boxes. It's the proverbial "DON'T" example. I hope he doesn't mind if I link to it when I finish my guide...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hint (you can take it from here): The Earth rotates 360º in 24 hours (close enough). Venus sets pretty much due west.

The assignment is due tomorrow. Be sure to show your work.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think I have to agree with the Venus hypothesis.

It makes sense. The object moves slowly, and flickers at the end close to the horizon. Could be anything causing the flickering, including our atmosphere. Makes good sense to me!!

Thanks everyone for clearing this up for me.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Really interesting vid.

I just got my own lil experience with a ... group of 'orbs'. Even got them on film.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join