It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who had been following AstroEngineers thread...Full Story is now available

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
For those of you who had taken a keen interest in "John's" (aka AstroEngineer) thread "A Curiosity of Spirit"

For whatever reason his threads were closed here, but he has posted the full story on his blog as recently as 4/7. Some interesting stuff, and believable in my opinion.

Read it here.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

From the end of AstroEngineer's "A Curiosity of Spirit" thread:

This thread has been closed due to the inability/unwillingness of the original poster to provide the information promised. Once/if the original poster can provide the information to staff, this thread will be reopened for discussion.

Maybe they wanted AstroEngineer to prove that he actually worked at NASA? I would not give up my identity either if that was the case.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i was reading his threads!

i cant believe they got closed!

its really stupid and short sighted for mods to close posts just because someone hasnt got back with some info... i mean for god sake, the blossom goodchild trheads never have a grain of proof, same with all haarp accusations ect.

the mods on this forum are activly denying ignorance and pandering to over excited internet know it alls who think because THEY ask THEY should get an answer... this is the real world, and as the guy said, if he is legit, he still works in that field! so why woudl any one ask him for creduentials ect when they know he is not going to show them , as he will most likely be sacked!

bookmarking this incase the mods delete it!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

The staff here sometimes become exactly like TPTB: they "do away", or "disappear" with things...

And this is a site which tries to do the opposite...

In this case it was better, they simply closed the thread, but most of the times they 404 the thread, never to be seen again.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by (C2C)

Yes, although it's a little unclear what "information" they're talking about...

Apparently he's posted the rest of his story as promised on his blog, yet his threads still remain closed here...

He does mention ATS a couple of times on his site...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
remove double post

[edit on 7-4-2010 by PhotonEffect]

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Back when he first posted I stopped reading after about 4 pages of really disgusting, immature demands on the OP. I just checked his blog every couple of days, and lo and behold, he came through! I wanted to reserve comment until he had his whole story out and I'm glad I did. His story, to me, is wholly believable. Seeing as he could not reveal his identity, nor that of the discoverer of the funny business, it makes sense to me that he might use the very exquisite details in his writing to attempt to add credence to it. I for one believe him. Quantum entanglement has been a demonstrated phenomenon for over a century. Who could possibly believe for one instant that those with the means would not jump ALL OVER the chance to test a practical application, and what better way than installing a prototype on Mars?

"John" has written an excellent account. Nothing in it is outlandish or unbelievable, and if it is true as I believe it to be I hope that "John" knows that his associate's robbery and career impingement is NOT his fault. People don't get their houses robbed and their careers ruined through legal channels. The perpetrators have something to hide, and if there is any raw data or evidence remaining it should be uploaded to Wikileaks.

So to "John", thank you SO much for wading through all the BS posters on this site and sharing your account. I hope you find success in your future endeavors, wherever they may bring you.

To the ADHD-addled group-think masses on this site, shame on you. Don't you know that patience is a virtue?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zelun]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Im pretty sure they closed his threads because the guy was going on and on about his credentials and was revving us up for some massive breakthrough or disclosure of secret NASA information.....

Then he just kind of never got around to it.

Many people became really upset and frustrated. No one likes to feel conned or fooled, and when something just doesnt seem right its better to go with your gut

Like one of the mods recently said, "we've been burned before, and we dont like to waste our time with people who appear to be making an attempt to make a mockery of ATS." Thats a very loose paraphrase.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I like this fellas writing.

From his site:

The corruptions must be occurring after the signal was received by the DSN but before it was made generally available to the scientists or the archive. Why would someone be trying to effectively remove data from these images? We stared at the related thumbnails for quite some time without seeing anything absolutely unusual; one did have a mildly interesting rock that was obliterated by the artificially induced blackness, and another had a region of disrupted soil that seemed interesting.

.... a mildly interesting rock that was obliterated by the artificially induced blackness:

Ever see"Blueberries" with stems? (In 3d
)

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Im pretty sure they closed his threads because the guy was going on and on about his credentials and was revving us up for some massive breakthrough or disclosure of secret NASA information.....

Then he just kind of never got around to it.

Well, maybe his "mistake" was simply in thread placement. Had he started his thread in the "My Story" or "Skunk Works" forums a bit more leeway might have been given.

As far as a "massive breakthrough or disclosure of secret NASA information" goes; while it may have taken him awhile to finish his tale, reporting that NASA/DoD has functional FTL communication capabilities would certainly fit that bill. It may not have been the "disclosure" people were hoping for, but such capabilities are only theorized currently; so possessing such functional tech would certainly be classified information at this point in time.

Edit: It appears the thread actually is in the "My Story" forum. Not sure if it originated there, or was eventually moved there by a mod, but I found the highly heated scrutiny a bit odd and premature. I was under the impression that the purpose of that forum was to allow people to share with a bit less feverish "debunking" allowed. Honestly, I never really understood why some of the posters took such an issue with him. He stated from the start that he had no evidence of UFOs and/or aliens, and the thread was closed before any seemingly "outlandish" claims were even made. Perhaps some members merely felt too threatened that his story might shake their belief systems, and defensively went a bit overboard with their attacks.

[edit on 4/8/10 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I never did see the thread on here about this but just read his story on his blog. I look at it 2 ways, either he's one hell of a good story writer or he's probably telling the truth.

Now first off I'm no expert in anything but I'm also not an idiot! I've always had a fascination with space and space technology and over the years have been reading up on Quantum Theory and all the new theories coming out these days.

In the GRAND scheme of things I think the human races knowledge of the Universe and it's workings is propably less than 1%.

Mars makes perfect sense to test this on, as the delay waiting for the lightspeed signal to arrive is short and therefore they could bounce many more signals back and forth and with the distance involved between our planets it gives a great offset to measure the quantum signal strength as I believe Radio waves take about 20 mins to hit Earth when the two planets are on opposite sides of the sun 380 Million miles or so and 8 mins when they're at their closest.

I think the military and other government(shadow) have technology that is way ahead of what we think is cutting edge. Look at stealth designed in the 70's.

The world gets more and more interesting everyday.

As for what they(TPTB) are censoring I do not know. I can only speculate that perhaps there are artifacts or ruins or something not natural looking showing up in these photos that they don't want the eggheads and the public to know about but they have to appear to be aiding the progression of science.

If Mars was once Earth like then why is not possible that some form of life lived there at some point in the past. A few Billion years is a lot of time and many things can change. We've always been taught that Mars is just a barren wasteland with nothng but rock and sand. Is it not possible that there are fossils and old bones or petrified trees in some of these photos as if Mars were Earthlike surely there would be remnants like this somewhere?

Interesting and I'll have to keep and eye on his blog.

Cheers! Happy Spring! I WISH IT WOULD STOP RAINING! DAMN YOU WEST COAST!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Curious where you got that image? I was searching the MER Site raw images for Spirit SOL 1818 (all) (the only SOL # I can see him state in the blog) but Rear Hazcam Images, SOL 1793 - 1826 are 404'd. I cant find the image you posted. If your image came from there it piqued my interest that some are missing.

Not Found

The requested URL /gallery/all/2/r/1818/2R287761592EFFAZODP1314L0M1.HTML was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

marsrover.nasa.gov

Direct link to MER Sprit SOL 1818 Rear Hazcam thumbnails..........

marsrover.nasa.gov

[edit on 8-4-2010 by timewalker]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The account improves in pace and interest from Chapter 9. The writing style is articulate and reads like a professional journalist from the higher end of the market. I've no idea if anything in this tale is true, but then again I'm not much of a supporter of Martian conspiracies.

Regarding the behaviour of members in the 'spirit' thread...what's all the surprise about? That's the ATS way, rightly or wrongly, and has been that way for some years. Serpo, Bob White's object, John Lear's threads were long and featured identical requests for validation, evidence and more information. Some members, then as now, can be abrasive and sometimes offensive. Some members swoon with innocent belief that anonymous members are only here to tell the truth. It's forum life...kidding yourself ATS was once a paradise of fair play and purely intelligent debate isn't supported by archived threads...

Comparing Mods on ATS to TPTB is a fact...they are the power around here. If anyone can dream up a forum that isn't an utter mess of BS, swearing and appalling behaviour without having Mods...please link it. The thread was closed pending more information from AstroEngineer. He was u2ud by Mods and members without providing good reasons for the delay or providing more evidence. That's not a mod-fault...that was his decision.

Now, it's possible that AstroEngineer envisaged a successfully paced thread with a lot of entertainment value slowly leading up to the final chapter. If that was his intent, it's a pity it didn't work out. Unfortunately, forums and ATS frequently see the kind of poster that plays the 'shell game' with us. They play a moving target and throw small shreds of information to keep up interest. Last year we had Taymour and his smuggled NASA images of moonbases....that weren't.

Anyway, thanks PhotonEffect for the OP that allowed me to finish the guy's story.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

That very dark rock is from sol2196.

I posted it here because popped to mind when I read that particular portion of astroengineer's writings - it seemed to fit the bill.

*I have decided to name that rock 'Nighttime Rock' on account of how obscenely dark it is.

Edit:

Hey fellas,

Check out these potential worm/worm burrow fossils:

In 3d for you (Right-click and select view image to see image in its entirety and without the scrollbar):

Another?

And this looks like it has about three turns in it (from this perspective):

P.S.

I'm sorry I cannot give out the image data for these images.

If you've ever seen an image with an anomaly disappear from the web or get pulled from it's source, I'm sure you'll understand.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

That one image of the "U" shaped object looks like a Martian "Coiler"

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I hadn't seen his original thread but after opening this one I went to his blog and read the whole story in record time! Very fascinating account indeed, It also rings of truth really, just the detail and the way it's told. I mean I'm no expert of course but sometimes when you here an account of something it just sounds rel or fake based on how it's told. It really does sound plausible to me. I only wish we could have found out more but I would have been "spooked" and out too! Thanks for bringing this to my attention! S+F for the intro to his story!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For those of us who are new to this individual could someone provide a summary of what exactly he was talking about? Is it to do with life on mars? Or TPTB playing around with advanced physics?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I quit reading his thread awhile ago, before it closed, in part because he was taking to long to get to his point and because of the majority of comments.

I understand the decision for his thread to be closed at the time, it can be unlocked, and there have been a number of threads by outright story tellers, which his thread was looking like. There were many comments about him using ats as base read for his book, to gauge interest, which I agree with, that appeared to be the method in which he was writing. More science fiction than science fact, as there were few facts and tons of plot line.

I'm sure a mode can look at his proof and reopen the thread if it pans out. Otherwise, he can put on list with the hundreds of other story tellers who do nothing but discredit the rest of us.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
*Dances in circles like the add kid he is*

GUys GUys guys!!

All I'm gonna say is read the book gaudeamus by John Barnes... Quantum trickery taht would have happened right around the time of the spirit launch in that book... (which btw is sold as fiction but read between the lines here people his foreword tells us some things) but the point is for various reasons astro's story is HIGHLY PLAUSIBLE to me and another friend of mine lists it as straight up truth in his humble opinion...

But for the same reasons we both agree that this guy would have absolutely ZERO reason to share his credentials because even sharing the story prolly has him about to lose clearances and/or much worse consequences.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'd really love to read his entire blog, but

A.) Something leads me to believe that it's not true
B.) It's way too long, and redundant to hold my interest
C.) After a while, it's not worth trying to follow the material, it gets too involved

This sounds like a sociology experiment, and reads like a doctorate level study of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join