It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented Look Inside Jehovahs Witnesses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWtruth123
The JWs dont use the King James versin of the bible they use what is called The New World Translation, heres what the books says about it...

That is interesting, do you know what year that new translation was carried out ?

I have read that since around 1964 the Freemasons have been carrying out a systematic program of deliberately tampering with all new printings and translations of the bible from about the mid 60's.

While the Jehova's witnesses claim to absolutely hate freemasonry, there is also a lingering doubt about the original origins of the Jehova's witnesses being somehow linked to freemasonry.

The total re-translation of the Bible and the mind control techniques, at least to me seem highly dubious.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

actually, i was the only one who gave a look inside the Jehos practices. though not a personal experience of my own, a true one i could share as it was relevant to the topic. look again, i never suggested a way to get rid of the Jehos like you.

what was that you said?

Responding hungover and irratible is good. Whilst naked is even better. Make them get the hell off your lawn ! And traumatize them so that they never try it again.

really, grow up.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
That is interesting, do you know what year that new translation was carried out ?

I have read that since around 1964 the Freemasons have been carrying out a systematic program of deliberately tampering with all new printings and translations of the bible from about the mid 60's.

According to the link on the previous page it was translated between 1950-1960:

i769.photobucket.com...

While the Jehova's witnesses claim to absolutely hate freemasonry, there is also a lingering doubt about the original origins of the Jehova's witnesses being somehow linked to freemasonry.

I believe Charles Russell was a Mason but JW's aren't the least bit interested in Masonry.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Through a strange series of events i have in my possession a book that outlines the entire religion of the Jehovahs Witnesses, one of the most secretive religious groups in the world.

The book is called Reasoning From The Scriptures and is a handbook the JWs use when going "field witnessing"as they refer to it. Ive scanned some 299 pages of this 400 page book to show people what the JWs really believe and just how out there the whole thing really is.

i769.photobucket.com...

I dont think this can be considered copyright infringement because you cant buy this book anywhere and im not using it to earn money or anything, just as people attempt to get out sensitive Scientology documents i think this needs to be seen as well.

Here is the introduction from the book that outlines how to "debate" with people...

Let me know if you guys want to see more as i said i have 200 pages of this and its a bit of a process to get them up here but you guys have got to see this...

well.....as a baptized active Jehovahs Witness I hate to tell you but the reasoning book is in no way supposed to be a secretive book of knowledge. Its a breakdown of topics and beliefs we run into while we are out in service. (door to door annoying) Also....in no way are we a secretive religion. have you been in one of our halls? theres no locked doors or secret rooms. its a box with chairs. I think your just trying to make something out of nothing.....and thanks for spreading our message by linking our beliefs on here.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JWtruth123

Through a strange series of events i have in my possession a book that outlines the entire religion of the Jehovahs Witnesses, one of the most secretive religious groups in the world.

I do not see how they are secretive at all, they go door to door and pretty much anyone can join up with them. Of course it could be "secret" if you are trying to sensationalize your thread.

The book is called Reasoning From The Scriptures and is a handbook the JWs use when going "field witnessing"as they refer to it. Ive scanned some 299 pages of this 400 page book to show people what the JWs really believe and just how out there the whole thing really is.

Im not sure what you mean by "out there", the book is mostly biblical passages and excerpts from encyclopedias and reference books as well as how to address some common points brought up.

I mean if you have something legitimate or conspiracy oriented then bring it to the board. This is just crap, "hey lets put up some of the JW's docs and laugh at them and critique their religion" is all i am really seeing here.

This forum is dedicated to the speculation and examination into conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions. This forum is not for the general discussion of religious topics. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I was given the book by some one who had just started in the church and apparently he wasnt supposed to even have this book until he is baptized a JW so he has been calling me over and over the past few days and i finally answered today and he told me he needed the book back because they told him no one is supposed to see it until they are well into the "training process".

It seems just a bit secretive to me and according to the church he attends as well.

You know it makes it easier to discuss if you actually read the freaking links guys cmon...

Nothing strange in the texts huh? The new world translation was written by an anonymous group of people in the fifties and was significantly changed from the "official" KJ bible.

READ THE EVOLUTION LINKS! This stuff is crazy! Ill post more later...

This stuff is dangerous and used to control the minds of the members of the church and thats not a conspiracy?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by JWtruth123]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well again, as the only person here who knows what hes actually talking about when it comes to being a JW, your just spewing more propaganda.

the reasoning book isnt a book thats issued. and there is no "training process"
I appreciate your attempt to create a conspiracy out of thin air (after all this is ATS) but the JW religion is completely transparent to anyone who spends any time actually looking at it past the door knockers.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
My personal way how to deal with JW's mission is start to discuss Ontological Proof of God's Existence. They shut up after my 2 minutes expose and goes to next door. It was very funny to confront them with my agnostic friend from Israel. One time they show me some BS translation of New Testament so I brought my ecumenical translation and disputed with them. Then I brought Holly Koran and some Cabala books. It can be quite funny if you are in mood and have time to spend with them. They are now with me like devil and cross
. Deny ignorance is really good motto at such cases.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Iamnot, I tried to defend you here. I stated my personal thoughts. Deal with it. Grow up. Humor can be fun, try it.

[edit on 4/8/10 by scooterstrats]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by McDohl
Well again, as the only person here who knows what hes actually talking about when it comes to being a JW, your just spewing more propaganda.

the reasoning book isnt a book thats issued. and there is no "training process"
I appreciate your attempt to create a conspiracy out of thin air (after all this is ATS) but the JW religion is completely transparent to anyone who spends any time actually looking at it past the door knockers.

Then u must be going to a different JW church then him cuz he was indeed issued it but it turned out he wasnt supposed to have it and hes been "in training" (thats what he called it) for 2 years, they told him he has to get it back or he'll be in trouble with the church, i guess they are running short on books so thats why they need it back LOL!

More pages....

First deny all governments of man...

i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...

Stop celebrating your birthday...

i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...

and all other holidays for that matter... even christmas!

i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...

BTW there is one holiday you can celebrate its called Memorial but thats for another post...

next forget about all that independent thinking stuff...

i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...

oh and dont forget to oppress women...

i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...
i769.photobucket.com...

Yep no brain washing going on there, propaganda is right! But its the JWs spewing it not me!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Then u must be going to a different JW church then him cuz he was indeed issued it but it turned out he wasnt supposed to have it and hes been "in training" (thats what he called it) for 2 years, they told him he has to get it back or he'll be in trouble with the church, i guess they are running short on books so thats why they need it back LOL!

I know of no book that any given person could not have access to. He's pulling your chain. BTW, there is no "in training". Any witness can, is in fact encouraged, to participate in the Theocratic School, usually followed by the Service Meeting. Those are dedicated to learning public speaking and organize their "service". It's structured. Every congregation has their set meetings the same every week. Not necessarily on the same day though.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I know of no book that any given person could not have access to. He's pulling your chain. BTW, there is no "in training". Any witness can, is in fact encouraged, to participate in the Theocratic School, usually followed by the Service Meeting. Those are dedicated to learning public speaking and organize their "service". It's structured. Every congregation has their set meetings the same every week. Not necessarily on the same day though.

So is that the only part you read of my post? Any comments on the pages i posted and what they talk about?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So is that the only part you read of my post? Any comments on the pages i posted and what they talk about?

Nope, can't debate that. What you've shown is true.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've defended what I perceived as inaccuracies, but the rest speaks for itself. It's our beliefs and there biblically based. I will not argue them over this thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

thank you for sharing your experience. I have many JW's in my family. they seem nice but a little "off". I don't really know how else to put it. Once, my aunt tried to talk to me about it and told me not to tell Grandma that she was talking to me about it. I was young and didn't know anything about it, so I said " why " and she said " she doesn't like us talking about such things" hehehe well i respect them... religion does weird things to people. I used to study with some randome Jw's who came to my door, but then they got more aggressive and I didn't like that, so no more studies with them. I don't get religion anymore. I am learning at the moment.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
I have discovered the best way to get rid of a Jehova's Witness, it comes from the teachings of the great Prophet of the irritable, hungover and just generally disagreeable, the man himself, R. Lee Ermey. I would go to Youtube and find videos to post here, but I would probably just get in trouble.

And no, I don't care what they have to say, I'm never going to engage any of them in any sort of a debate about their faith, because I DON'T DO THAT!!!

That's odd, because I've found that the easiest way to cut short a conversation with a Jehovah's Witness was to say that you aren't interested and would appreciate their leaving.

They are usually very amiable and polite and will leave immediately. You can even ask them to remove you from their master list (I forget what it's called) and they will have someone note at their local hall that you aren't to be bothered again.

Not really a big deal. I know it lacks some of the drama and histrionics that you advocate, but it works.

Eric

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Please discuss...

You're not giving us much to discuss. Just pictures that anyone could see. I've probably got an edition of that lying around here if I wanted to look hard enough. Basically, what's your take(point) of these pictures?

An analogy:

The book " Reasoning From The Scriptures" is the program code downloaded into each Jehovahs Witnesses recruit (read automaton) so they know exactly what to say when "witnessing". They are just another cult like the Unification Church.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I have commented previously about JW groups, at the hotel where I work, last year they began a movement to make each other and newcomers aware that we are living in end times. Lots of doom and gloom, predictions of a world gone wild. I disagreed with their belief to include children in this event, I stated that at the time I had not seen children while they are here, but I was quickly corrected by an active JW, letting me know that all ages of children attend and are not hidden from 'the truth'.

While they were here, of course several of them tried to recruit me, I was given a book of reasoning, and was shocked at the forwardness of it. Telling you word for word what to say when anyone doesn't want to listen to the teaching of JW, breaking it down to if you are Baptist, Jewish, Catholic, ect, even if you don't believe in God they have an answer for why. I personally know a JW who allows her church to dole out discipline to her children, or rather did allow it, now her kids are grown and don't even bring the grandkids around, both children feel that the religion was harmful to them and don't want their kids exposed to it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I had a friend who’s wife got taken in by them. she try’d to get him to join in. but he was totally against it. she divorces’t him. then she gave them her house? never know that before? they are suppose’t to give most of there money to them, but even the Catholics (sheep) give some from there pay check each time they get pay’d.

have you herd of new Kadampa Buddhism? it is a cult too. that has a living leader who is a full Buddha. who wrights his own books. and the monks have to buy them. they are not allowed to question the senior monks. one who run a center near me. ask’t them to clarify some rules and they kick’t him out. you have to pay for every thing with them. not like true Buddhists. even the Dalai Lama does not like them.
sorry I just hate them for what they did to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

'Reasoning from the Scriptures' is an excellent training tool to help a bible student look to the bible and current commonly accepted resources (encyclopedias dictionaries) to help the student train themselves to not end up being a deer in the headlights when at the door trying to do what Jesus commanded all his followers...that being preaching the good news of his fathers kingdom.
I can tell you from personal experience...its just as fun for us when someone runs us off with "I'm a witch and I eat children" that one was actually used on me and my dad when I was a kid...it got my attention! But its funny to retell the story now. Dad thought it was pretty funny then though. But it takes courage to go into the territory and try to encourage people to look to the bible and the hope of God's kingdom especially with all the brilliant ways people try to let you know they'd prefer you go away, sometimes graciously..sometimes not so much.

Anyways...you JWTruth have an opportunity...copy and paste things you think are weird...or, notice that there are several scriptures supporting each belief: If you are interested in what the bible really says and not what you feel it should say...crack open the ol KJV or whatever bible you have, and give it a read, maybe even check out some of the cited scriptures.
JW's read their bible, front to back. They all follow a program of weekly bible reading, and all of their studies are bible based.

I suggest to everybody...check out the pages of that book, AND READ THE SCRIPTURES, and see for yourself if they are trying to preach bible truths. But you have to use your bible...not your feelings on what you think it should say for you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join