It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Adam and Eve created immortal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just wondering what you all think according to what the bible says. Here is the reason I ask: the god of the bible placed a tree in the garden called "The Tree of Life". NOTE here that I am NOT talking about the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Ok.

After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, god said, "Now they have become like gods, knowing good and evil. Let us banish them from the garden lest they eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life and live forever."

Ok then. If Adam and Eve were created immortal, what was the reason for the Tree of Life, which gives immortality when you eat the fruit of it? Who was it for if Adam and Eve were already immortal? Remember, god himself said that if they ate from it they would live forever, so the purpose of this tree was to grant immortality. Again, if they were created immortal, what was that tree there for?

Next, if Adam and Eve were not created immortal, they were already going to die, even before they ate of the forbidden fruit.

Also let it be noted that they must not have ever eaten the fruit of the Tree of Life because they'd still be alive today if they did, I guess.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't believe Adam or Eve ever existed

And as I posted in another thread a few hours ago, it's possible the 'forbidden fruit' applies to cannibalism and the deliberate eating of victims' brains, which had an aphrodisiac effect in addition to increasing the intelligence of the cannibals

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yes I have pondered that problem. It might have been some kind of life enhancer since we know that the early offspring lived many hundreds of years.

I'm guessing that they may already have eaten from the tree of life, and the chemical or whatever was what caused them and their direct descendants to live so long.

Remember Methuselah lived to the ripe age of 969. So either the early humans were engineered that way, or they had already eaten from the tree of life. I guess the former seems more plausible.

So many things to really think about in the Bible, like if Lucifer sat in the midst of the waters as mentioned in the bible, was he possibly the king of Atlantis?

Consider the two following passages:

Ezekiel 28 KJV -

1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I SIT IN THE SEAT OF GOD, IN THE MIDST OF THE SEAS; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:

6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;

7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain IN THE MIDST OF THE SEAS.

Isiah Chapter 14 King James 1611 Translation.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken THE NATIONS!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I WILL SIT ALSO ON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION, in the sides of the north:

14 I WILL ASCEND ABOVE THE HEIGHTS OF THE CLOUDS; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 THEY THAT SEE THEE, SHALL NARROWLY LOOK UPON THEE, and consider thee, saying, IS THIS THE MAN THAT MADE THE EARTH TO TREMBLE, THAT DID SHAKE THE KINGDOMS;

17 THAT MADE THE WORLD AS A WILDERNESS, AND DESTROYED THE CITIES THEREOF; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Also of note consider the name ATLANTIS - using anagram theory rearrange the letters and you have LIT SATAN. Maybe Islet satan.

Just a very interesting unproven theory of mine but with some intriguing clues from the bible as to what Atlantis may have been.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, god said, "Now they have become like gods, knowing good and evil.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Hydroman]

G'day,

God said, behold the man has become like one of us, knowing good from evil.

No mention of being immortal sorry, Adaba and Eva (the Ataba) was of Anunnaki blood but they were of the Earth. (Earthling's)

Blessed Be: Kernoonos....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

The Hebrew understanding was the God alone was immoral...
...that is, He alone has life in Himself.

This is reflected in Paul's comment in his letter to Timothy...

1 Timothy 6:15-16 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

...and that all other life is derived...
...so Adam and Eve were derived beings.

The way I understand it, there is no immortal stuff in man...
....we are dependant on a spiritual relationship and external physical nutrients for our continuance.

There was a disconnect in their relationship with the Spirit...
...and they were denied access to the Tree of Life...
...until the breach was repaired.

2 Timothy 1:9-10 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:.

The disconnect has been repaired...
...immorality is available now as a gift received by faith.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Genes are immortal in the sense that they get passed on after the individual dies. If we had those two "first parents" then their genes are in us and the following generations.
Since humans may cease to exist as a species, "immortal" is probably not the right concept.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
G'day All,

Two god's, they were brothers. Enlil and Enki, the sumerians were the first to write the storys people.

The Hebrews just took the storys as there own, there was never just one. Anunnaki were many, the hebrews called them Eneflim and Elohim.

If you live in the box you will never see the truth.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos.....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos
G'day All,

Two god's, they were brothers. Enlil and Enki, the sumerians were the first to write the storys people.

The Hebrews just took the storys as there own, there was never just one. Anunnaki were many, the hebrews called them Eneflim and Elohim.

If you live in the box you will never see the truth.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos.....

The Sumarians didn't even exist until after Babel.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
G'day,

Yes but they had already wrote the storys on clay tablets my friend, Archeology and science don't lie.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

G'day,

Yes but they had already wrote the storys on clay tablets my friend, Archeology and science don't lie.

So they wrote them before they existed...that's clever.

There was a post-Babal five way split...

1. Phoenicea aka Sumeria or Canaan
2. Mizraim - Egypt XI Dynasty
3. Chaldea - Ur was the capital and Abraham came from here.
4. Greece (Attica, Arcadia, Sparta)
5. China - 1st Hiah Dynasty.

All five civilizations arose about the same time.

Abraham later came out of Ur of Chaldea and had lived in the household of the aging Noah while a boy...
...so Abraham was ccontemporary with the Sumarians and their stories...
...which were just different versions of the same Noah event...
...that changed like a Chinese whisper as it was retold within each split.

The biblical record of the event was written about 430 years after Abraham came out of Ur...
...it was written then by Moses in the preamble to the Torah...
...but it would have been passed down verbally...
...from Abraham to son Isaac and grandson Jacob who was renamed Israel...
...The Children of Israel are then the offspring of Abe's grandson Jacob (aka Israel).

There are about 600 flood stories originating from within these five splits.

[edit on 8/4/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yes, they were immortal.

Scripture says that the price of sin is death. Whilst in the garden, before the fall, there was no sin. No sin means no death.

Don't get confused though. It was not part of God's plan for Adam & Eve to wander the Garden of Eden forever. The fall of Adam was an essential part of God's plan to test mankind.

As a side note I'd like to remind all of us that there was a 3,000 year gap between creation and the writing of the book of Genesis.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Alrighty then. To those of you who suggest that Adam and Eve were not created immortal, this means they were going to die before they sinned. This means that death was ALREADY part of the equation. Sin did not cause it. Don't say, "but it was a spiritual death." Would god be so vague in his statement that he was talking about spirit, and cause the serpent, adam, and eve to believe he was talking about flesh? Would he be that sneaky?

Next, if they were created immortal, why was the tree of life planted in the garden? Again, when you eat of this fruit, you will live forever...not just a long time, but FOREVER. That's why they were kicked out of the garden because if they ate that fruit they would live forever. That came from god's mouth.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

G'day,

So they wrote them before they existed...that's clever.

There was a post-Babal five way split...

1. Phoenicea aka Sumeria or Canaan
2. Mizraim - Egypt XI Dynasty
3. Chaldea - Ur was the capital and Abraham came from here.
4. Greece (Attica, Arcadia, Sparta)
5. China - 1st Hiah Dynasty.

All five civilizations arose about the same time.

Abraham later came out of Ur of Chaldea and had lived in the household of the aging Noah while a boy...
...so Abraham was ccontemporary with the Sumarians and their stories...
...which were just different versions of the same Noah event...
...that changed like a Chinese whisper as it was retold within each split.

The biblical record of the event was written about 430 years after Abraham came out of Ur...
...it was written then by Moses in the preamble to the Torah...
...but it would have been passed down verbally...
...from Abraham to son Isaac and grandson Jacob who was renamed Israel...
...The Children of Israel are then the offspring of Abe's grandson Jacob (aka Israel).

There are about 600 flood stories originating from within these five splits.

[edit on 8/4/10 by troubleshooter]

The flood was supposed to have occured at around 2300 bce, Moses supposedly wrote the Torah at about 1500 bce. Then you said the stories were passed down verbally from Abraham. Does the "chinese whisper" apply to this as well?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I have a theory about this story which I think is logical, but it involves dropping the assumption that the Tree of Life gives immortality with a single act of eating. I think rather that we are meant to assume that continuing to eat from the fruit of this Tree gives Life.

Then the story would be that they were eating from this Tree as long as they were in the garden. They had not been told to avoid it, and nothing else would have stopped them.

As long as they were contining to eat from this Tree, they had Life.

When God wanted to take this Life away from them, he achieved this by exiling them from the Garden, and the point of this move was to take away their access to the Tree of Life.
If they had continued to eat from the Tree of Life, they would have lived for ever.

In effect, they were detached from the "mains supply", and had to start living off batteries, as it were.

This theory removes the logical problems of the usual assumption, such as "What would have happened if they become immortal before God expelled them?"

And to those who don't believe the story- yes, OK, but this is about examining the story in it's own terms.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
To answer the question of immortality, it is a yes and no. Yes in the fact that they had bodies that completely healed itself and no because a mortal wound would cause death. Should they have eaten of the tree of life, they then could not die. Sin caused thier system to decay and eventually death.

Its not in the scriptures but that is the only possible answer that fits their cause and effect and then death being an end result. Another point to ponder is; Adam was told that in the day he ate of the fruit he would surely die. Since he lived over 900 years, which day was God talking about? Was it an Earth, Sun or Galactic day? BTW Bishop Usher did his figuring by who begat who addition which is an error on his part.

Even medical science has noted that the human body has the copacity to renew itself indefintly. So in a way we see that Adam had the ability without restriction but was later saddled with it.

top topics

join