It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation shows US military covered up execution of pregnant women in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
www.fightbacknews.org...

Quote from source:
Three pregnant women killed by Special Forces execution style

An investigation into the killings of five Afghan civilians by U.S. forces on Feb. 12 has revealed that the U.S. tried to cover up its responsibility for the deaths.

On the night of Feb. 12, U.S. occupation forces entered a home in the Gardez district of Paktia province, east of the capital Kabul. The U.S. soldiers shot dead two Afghan men who were carrying weapons, then shot three pregnant women. The Afghans had been celebrating the birth of a baby. The U.S. initially claimed that the two men were Taliban fighters and that the three women were already dead when they arrived on the scene. In fact, the two men were a local police chief and a prosecutor.

The mainstream media followed this story without bothering to check with the inhabitants of the village. CNN reported the story with the headline, "Bodies found gagged, bound after Afghan 'honor killing.'" CNN quoted a U.S. official as saying the women had been shot "execution-style" and that the killings had "the earmarks of a traditional honor killing."

Now, an investigation has revealed that the U.S. lied about the killings and that the U.S. soldiers who shot the women tried to cover up their crimes. In a report printed in The Times, Jerome Starkey revealed that, "U.S. special forces soldiers dug bullets out of their victims' bodies in the bloody aftermath of a botched night raid, then washed the wounds with alcohol before lying to their superiors about what happened." It was not until an Afghan investigation was undertaken into the killings that the truth was finally revealed.

As it says in the article, We are the terrorists.

There is absolutely no reason why pregnant women should be executed. Those men should be charged with a double murder for each one of those women.

The information coming out about the war makes it sound like vietnam more and more. A useless war that is going nowhere...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Mmmmmm

first thought I had after reading about this a few days ago was ---- flashbacks

Soldier returns to civilan life. Beautful. Clear, sunny skies when he wakes up. No gunfire or screaming -- just the sound of birds and children playing, the sound of cars backing out of suburban garages

He does downstairs, switches on the coffee maker. Turns on the radio. Opens the blinds or curtains. Looks around. Everything neat, secure, cheerful

Later, he marries the girl of his dreams. They set up their home, paint the walls, friends come over -- laughter, smiles, jokes, friendship

His job might not be too exciting, but he likes those with whom he works each day. He drops into the supermarket on his way home, enjoys a pink sunset, feels a sense of happiness as he passes family homes with lights shining cheerfully through teh windows

One night, or maybe one day -- maybe at his child's birthday party or perhaps at Thanksgiving, surrounded by friends and family

flashback

and he's back there, blood filling his nostrils, bathed in sweat, disbelief and numbing horror ---- as he slashes the still-warm body of a woman, a stranger -- then plunges his arm inside her as far as his elbow -- in order to retrieve a slippery bullet

'What did you do in the war, Daddy ? Did you hurt people ? '

No sweetie, I was ... uh ... I was fighting ... you know ... for freedoms

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here is the Times article you mentioned:

Nato ‘covered up’ botched night raid in Afghanistan that killed five[

A night raid carried out by US and Afghan gunmen led to the deaths of two pregnant women, a teenage girl and two local officials in an atrocity which Nato then tried to cover up, survivors have told The Times.

The operation on Friday, February 12, was a botched pre-dawn assault on a policeman’s home a few miles outside Gardez, the capital of Paktia province, eastern Afghanistan. In a statement after the raid titled “Joint force operating in Gardez makes gruesome discovery”, Nato claimed that the force had found the women’s bodies “tied up, gagged and killed” in a room.

A Times investigation suggests that Nato’s claims are either wilfully false or, at best, misleading. More than a dozen survivors, officials, police chiefs and a religious leader interviewed at and around the scene of the attack maintain that the perpetrators were US and Afghan gunmen. The identity and status of the soldiers is unknown.

Timesonline

It's interesting how NATO changed their original statement.
I'll reserve judgment till more facts come in.

Either way this is a pretty horrible thing.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

When you put it that way, wow.

What is worse?

Being the person he killed, or being him?

I would kinda rather be the person killed. You get to keep dignity that way.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I wonder how much more of this
I can take.

1 after another

Disgusting

We should have never went
all based on a lie

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Horrible, disheartening, and disguesting.

The price of war, some say.. I don't agree.

What I don't understand is, why are the sheeple not waking up to stories like this, and wondering why it's going on?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's just not alright. We shouldn't have been there in the first place and now that we know we were lied to, someone needs to pay for this. I think they should try the whole bunch of them. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, try em and hang them as an example to future politicians.
They are getting away with this, no one does anything. Obama needs to have his butt kicked for letting them get away with this.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Because most people just watch MSM and believe what is on that. No one takes enough time to see what is actually going on, for if they did, the war would have been long over.

This is not the price of war. This is us being disrespectful to other human beings and brutally killing them.

I do not really understand what war does anyway. It makes people hate us and hate what we stand for, creating more' terrorists'. And we wonder why people hate western culture...

Pred...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
HAHA! And some of you think these psychos fighting for our country would think twice about opening up on their own countrymen in time of chaos or revolution? They are indoctrinated..........trained to kill at the behest of government. I thought Special Forces were a lot more disciplined and with much more specialized training. I guess not.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Brainwashed is a better world. They are taught to obey orders from their superiors no matter what they are. It is kind of scary when you think about it. They are taking the ability to think away from the individual.

Scary...

Pred...

new topics

top topics

join