It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican resigns over "free-spending" party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

(Reuters) - A top Republican resigned from his party's governing body on Tuesday, deepening a controversy around party chairman Michael Steele as Republicans try to focus on U.S. congressional elections in November.

Sean Mahoney, a member of the Republican National Committee from New Hampshire, quit in a letter to Steele, the latest fallout after revelations that a party organizer billed the RNC for $2,000 spent at a sex-themed club in Los Angeles.

Mahoney denounced the "out-of-touch, free-spending culture of Washington" that he said dominates Congress and said "the same mentality has seeped into our national party."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.reuters.com...

Yep, them Republicans, so steeped in family values, such fiscal conservatives.

I think that they need a top down reorganization in the GOP. How many sex scandals, how many times will we hear about these kinds of campaign contribution embezzlements before people realize that the GOP does not stand for the core principals they once did?

These guys aren't going to be the saviors you think they are in November. They are just as bad as the Democrats, if not worse.

Sean Mahoney was right to resign from the GOP, the actions by Steele and others are not what Americans want from a political party. They aren't the party of conservative values, family values, or anything other than the constipation of the political system.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What do you think the odds are Mahoney will be running for office on a 3rd party ticket soon?

A man with that kind of integrity would get my vote.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of third party or Independent candidates get into office this year. Hell, my hope is that both Democrats and Republicans loose elections this year to Independent candidates.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

(Reuters) - A top Republican resigned from his party's governing body on Tuesday, deepening a controversy around party chairman Michael Steele as Republicans try to focus on U.S. congressional elections in November.

Sean Mahoney, a member of the Republican National Committee from New Hampshire, quit in a letter to Steele, the latest fallout after revelations that a party organizer billed the RNC for $2,000 spent at a sex-themed club in Los Angeles.

Mahoney denounced the "out-of-touch, free-spending culture of Washington" that he said dominates Congress and said "the same mentality has seeped into our national party."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.reuters.com...

Yep, them Republicans, so steeped in family values, such fiscal conservatives.

I think that they need a top down reorganization in the GOP. How many sex scandals, how many times will we hear about these kinds of campaign contribution embezzlements before people realize that the GOP does not stand for the core principals they once did?

These guys aren't going to be the saviors you think they are in November. They are just as bad as the Democrats, if not worse.

Sean Mahoney was right to resign from the GOP, the actions by Steele and others are not what Americans want from a political party. They aren't the party of conservative values, family values, or anything other than the constipation of the political system.

you cannot in all fairness equate all members of the GOP as bad... I know some libertarians that are flato ut a disgrace to their party, yet i do not condemn them as a whole... A person screws up and that clearly does not make all of them to be percieved as having less values...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

you cannot in all fairness equate all members of the GOP as bad... I know some libertarians that are flato ut a disgrace to their party, yet i do not condemn them as a whole... A person screws up and that clearly does not make all of them to be percieved as having less values...

How many problems does it take?

I mean, from sex scandals, holding RNC meetings in Hawaii, more sex scandals, limos, more sex scandals, private jets, more sex scandals, strip clubs, yet even more sex scandals. The list goes on and on.

How long before people wake up and realize there is a serious problem with the party of family values?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Come on! Anyone pretending that someone couldn't post the same crap about Democrats is either disingenuous are just plain stupid! All of you partisan hacks need to get a grip on the reality that YOUR PARTY is a corrupt den of thieves! Scattered amongst the criminals are a few good men and women on each side of the aisle. A rarity, yes! But they do exist.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I am just trying to balance out the boards here a little. All we get to hear about from people like YOU, is how bad this administration is, or how horrible the Democrats are. Yet you NEVER seem to bring up anything that might paint the GOP in a bad light.

So might want to think about that partisan hack line.

So I am a partisan hack for this thread, but when you post...

Democrats are LIARS!!!
Democrats reneg in first 100 hours!
New Evidence Emerges On Obama's Background!!!

That's not being a partisan hack? but this thread is?

[edit on 4/8/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I am clearly no partisan hack! The reason more vitriol is being hurled at Democrats is a.) they are in power, b.) SERIOUS questions surround Obama and his background, c.) The Democrats are exercising mob-style politics, d.) After 8 years of watching Bush and Co. frak it all up, people are losing their patience altogether watching this current group continue all of the same old failed policies while giving birth to new policies destined to fail!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Well, from the first thread, first post: "Looks to me like the Democrats are EXACTLY the same as the Republicans - lying, cheating, thieving, bloated aristocrats who care not a bit for the will of their constituency!"

From the second thread, opening post: "I was actually dumb enough to fall for their campaign promises of bipartisanship and civility."

But, there you go - judging a book by its cover without reading a single page of it!

You "Conveniently" omitted the following threads as well:
Continuation of Government Plans Suspend Constitution
The REAL Purpose of Real ID

I've been a member since 2004 - I have posted dozens of threads slamming Republicans and participated in THOUSANDS more doing the same!

Looks like you have a very convenient way of cherry-picking your way through information that supports your agenda. Which presently is some sad and awkward attempt as painting me as something I'm not.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

So to you it's absolutely fine that the RNC is doing all of this because the Democrats are in power. So that excuses all these scandals and breeches of trust by the RNC/GOP right?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

For the last time the right and the left are all corrupt they should all be fired or quit. They are one in the same. But the sheep refuse to see this and play their little game of divide and conquer.

But the shills must spin this to aid the very thing they are upset about. Political parties are nothing more than a label they use to split up into teams. And in reality they view it as me and you vs them. They have no walls separating them and they are both working towards the same goals.

You ask how I know this to be true. Are we still expanding our wars? Did the patriot act get repealed? Is the white house full of lobbyist? Are we more free today then 10 years ago? It is time to wake the f*ck up.

They want war and to spend and spend until nothing is left. Both sides. And we are left holding the bag. See the truth stop blindly following a party and look at the issues.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Which is exactly what the article in the OP is really about. Sean Mahoney is sick of the two faced appearance of the RNC and has decided to leave.

This board has been overrun with people who are all too willing to bash the Democrats, yet turn a blind eye to what the GOP is doing time and time again.

If it's not about political parties, then y'all should be quite happy about this thread. exposing what the GOP is doing that is loosing votes. Instead, what is it? Bash on wukky? For what? It's not like I am posting hoaxed articles because it suits my personal beliefs. *cough*kozmo*cough*

Sean Mahoney isn't happy about the way the RNC is handling donations intended to put GOP members in office. I agree with him, but because it's not a Obama bashing thread, the conservative left bashers come out in force. If you guys truly are sick of both sides, why attack this thread when it shows the corruption of another side? There are PLENTY of Democrat and Obama bashing threads. Thought maybe, if you guys actually are really sick of both sides, you would like to see what the other side of the coin is doing as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What? You right wingers don't like it when news comes up that looks bad for your side? Sure you say your against both parties, but when an issue about someone on the other side of the aisle from the Democrats comes up, you all are conspicuously silent.

It's funny to me, y'all are all over it like stink on poo if the Democrats are in trouble with something, but for some weird reason, when the GOP is in trouble for some reason we don't hear much from you.

So, where are the people that just gush to bash Obama and the Democrats? Why so silent? Why aren't you up in arms about the "Party of Family Values"? the "Party of Fiscal Responsibility"?

Hmm, I don't want to say Hypocrites, but I fail to find another word for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wow, a man with some integrity. Since he doesn't like the way things are going and the free spending he resigns? Imagine if someone who is even more free spending with our money would do this. Obama, are you listening?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yes I know, "Obama bad!" Anything you would like to add to this thread that isn't Obama bashing? I don't know, maybe, HEY REPUBLICANS, DO YOU WANT US TO VOTE FOR YOU? STOP TALKING OUT YOUR ASSES AND SHOW US WHY WE SHOULD VOTE FOR YOU!

The GOP certainly hasn't been showing why anyone should vote for them.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by lilwolf

How many problems does it take?

I mean, from sex scandals, holding RNC meetings in Hawaii, more sex scandals, limos, more sex scandals, private jets, more sex scandals, strip clubs, yet even more sex scandals. The list goes on and on.

How long before people wake up and realize there is a serious problem with the party of family values?

so how many do you want of the DNC and then have me say they are all pieces of trash? Now would that be an adequate response for you..?

There is no way that the DNC (in its totality ) is that way, so in fairness you cannot say that... oh you can, but you are lieing through your teeth and you know it

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I remember being a kid and listening to the adult complain about politicians and those crook politicians and those power mad politicians.

Exactly when did the politicians successfully get people to complain about one set or the other and stop complaining about them as one unified entity?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yes I know, "Obama bad!" Anything you would like to add to this thread that isn't Obama bashing? I don't know, maybe, HEY REPUBLICANS, DO YOU WANT US TO VOTE FOR YOU? STOP TALKING OUT YOUR ASSES AND SHOW US WHY WE SHOULD VOTE FOR YOU!

The GOP certainly hasn't been showing why anyone should vote for them.

In total agreement I vote for the man not the party. In fact the party line vote option shouldn't exist on these machines. It people too lazy to care that just vote all one or the other and don't take time to read anything especially the referendums they attach.

Its a two headed monster with the Democrats being the lesser of two evils. But believe there is plenty hippocracy on both sides as to finger pointing.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
guy spends 2k on a whore in a strip club with an rnc card and resigns.
A government ran by those same men rob individuals and send it to bankers and bail out mega corporations from cradle to grave , run up 12t debt on undeclared wars and bolstering dictators governments, and they want to rob us again to pay for there sins, You got conservatives bill O'Riley,beck and paul volker saying its so Conservative to tax yourself and send it directly to the bankers who convinced our congress years ago through lobbyists to run up the debt.
I find this disturbing and shocking he would resign over 2k.

Yeah it is so republican and Conservative to let bankers and super corps to lobby you to spend yourself into oblivion run up massive debts then make people who never benefited pay for it. CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not Conservative hell that is not even right wing, that is not even left wing or democrat. That is plain and out right deception and im sick of these fake conservatives trying to convince you tax yourself.

Beck,oriley take your vat and go to hell.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

Yes.

But even if a candidate is not listed as Dem or Rep, look at WHO and WHAT CORPORATIONS donated money to their campaign. Was a group truly grassroots or ASTROTURF?

Follow the money. True 40 years ago, even more so today.

new topics

top topics

join