It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity Cure!? Please take my weight loss challenge.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
reply to post by hawkiye

Congrats on your success! Hopefully you will try organic in the future? It's a much healthier and sustainable alternative to injections.

Good luck and thanks for your reply.

Thanks, I did not take the injections I used drops. Works very well and you don't gain the weight back as your hypothalamus is reset. Yeah I am definitely going to check organic out thanks for posting.

More HCG info here: endthefat.net...

[edit on 8-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by Zerbst

How do you define organic?

www.organic.org...

Everything is organic. All things are chemical poisons depending on the amount - especially the alcohol you describe. In fact literally only drinking the ethyl-alcohol might well kill you (and does THAT come from organic grains?).

Everything is certainly not organic. That is just ignorant.

Equally ignorant is to suggest I somehow condoned a diet of strictly drinking Jack Daniels! All I said was that I am not asking people to give up their occasional cocktail to partake in my weight loss theory. Actually, I would prefer they did not consume alcohol that likely contains chemical additives, but I'm afraid that condition may be too discouraging? I'm more interested in attracting people to try this method which, in theory, involves no sacrifice to their normal habits. If drinkers happen to discover an organic substitute to replace alcohol that would be best.

What difference does it make to weight whether my lettuce is "certified organic" bought at a special market, or in a normal store?

I'm saying there is a significant difference to your weight! Lettuce grown from mutated seeds in chemically fertilized soil and sprayed with chemical fertilizers and preservatives has little in common with that grown naturally. The difference in nutritional value alone effects body weight, but my theory takes it a step further yet. I believe these chemicals create excess weight due to the bodies inability to process them.

Yeah, I'm sure it works because buying the measly organic stuff will leave such a hole in your wallet that you won't afford much food in any case. Also the parasites in the unwashed sad-looking midget-veg will become worms in your tummy and eat most of your calories, like they do in Third World countries who have little food security on their land-consuming, wasteful organic farming.

You are simply a victim of propaganda. What you believe is exactly what you have been told to believe and is absolute myth. Giant vegetables that are painted in pretty colors are not evidence of quality and nutrition. What you see as "midget-veg" are actually the real thing and still contain the vitamins and nutrients vital to you. Those oversize, painted mutations you take as normal are the truly sad looking ones that are virtually sterilized of their benefits.

They recently showed an expose of scams (see The Real Hustle, episode 9) and it documented how scammers bought the cheapest supermarket pork sausages. They then took some pictures of the salesmen with pigs at a petting zoo. The picture was blown up as a backdrop to their "certified organic" stall at an organic market, and they sold the cheapest pork bangers for several times their original price to gullible punters.

There are scams in everything. There are also reputable organic farms that are easy to confirm legitimacy. I buy my meat directly from the farm itself and is very affordable. They will welcome you to inspect their entire process and animals. What you'll find is a healthy, clean, chemical free and humane farming system with nothing to hide. Try getting a tour around a USDA approved cattle farm and processing plant. If it were possible, you would see the horror it really is and exactly why you aren't allowed near it. Deformed and diseased animals being brutally slaughtered in filthy conditions.

Does it make a difference? Maybe with factory farmed meat more so than with vegetables, but ultimately meat is meat and fat is fat.
What a con!

There is a huge difference in all of it. Meat and fat from diseased animals that are synthetically and chemically fed and fattened are nothing like the organically raised variety. How could they be? Even the suggestion is foolishly naive.

That being said, nothing you have posted has any relevance to this thread? I'm not asking you to agree with me, or prove me wrong? I'm asking for anyone interested in losing extra weight and willing to try this to do so. If it's not for you that's fine.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
You are probably right in that organic is the way to go, but if you exercise regularly you can eat anything you want, burn calories, lose fat, gain muscle mass, increase your libido, and improve your self-confidence.

Also, how organic do you think Jack Daniels is?

This idea came from watching what happened to my girlfriend. She never exercises and began gaining weight until she was nearly 40lbs overweight. Her decision to only consume organics had nothing to do with losing weight, but all to do with health. Only a few months into her change of diet we realized her weight was noticeably coming off. A few months after that she had lost a total of around 35lbs. This happened again to a friend of ours that decided to switch as well. They both actually eat more food now than ever before because they swear it won't effect their weight. Almost two years now and it appears to be true, so I'm sharing it here.

I am not informed about the hazardous ingredients of alcoholic beverages? This weight loss program would obviously be more effective to those who don't consume alcohol, but I fear forbidding it will prevent some people from trying this out? I am not claiming JD is healthy or good for you, nor am I saying it's not. It is only being made relevant here by those that twist my words out of context.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Glad to hear of your success. Realistically though we cannot convince everyone to be a vegetarian. This plan does not require the user to decrease portion size or cut down on sweets. The successes I've witnessed actually increased their portions and eat many more sweets now. They literally eat more food and never exercise, yet don't gain back the weight. That is why I'm doing this here. If they are reacting normally, this could benefit many people?

Thanks for your reply!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for the reply, Proto.

I know what you mean about costs, but if ever there were a place not to bargain with, it's health. There are some ways to cut costs though. I buy organic meat in bulk straight from the farm itself. This is much cheaper, but requires an organic farm in your area. Growing fruits and vegetables yourself would help, but that takes time and effort as well as land to do it.

I sincerely suggest that you try to extend your normal month if you wish to lose any weight. I really believe that it works, although exactly how is uncertain? My best guess is in relevance to digestion efficiency, but I think there are multiple factors. It maybe that healthy natural foods create proper function throughout the digestion process, while chemicals and toxins degrade it. These foreign chemicals likely disrupt many other body functions that relate to weight gain? Slow metabolism through them weakening thyroid and other organ functions? Whatever the details are I'm convinced somethings there.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

Thanks for thinking of us and sharing this idea with us, Zerbst. Unfortunately for us, unless it is grown in our garden, we don't have organic available. Local beef -- fairly tough, however organic... Local seafood, fairly safe, at least as compared with populated areas.

I happen to love lettuce, and it just won't grow in the tropics.... ditto for broccoli, mushrooms (except the occasional wild chantrell), artichokes, and my beloved asparagus. Cheese, butter, eggs, all imported.

I don't work out at all -- I work. Hard labor, and it keeps me pretty fit. I could stand to loose 20 lbs. or so. Water is all Berkey-filtered rainwater, so we're good there. Organic coffee?? Does such a thing exist? ;o)

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Eat a diet of mainly fats and the pounds will literally melt off, especially if you consume fats from coconut oil and grass fed dairy products. You need to be in a state of fat burning to burn fat

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wanna lose weight?

Eat healthy and exercise. Simple.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Eat healthy and exercise. Simple.

Its not that simple, if you eat primarily carbs you will have to create a calorie deficit before fat starts to be burned

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
For a few months where I was able to afford all organic, we found we ate less, felt more fullfilled, and had less cravings.

So yes, I believe not having your bodies systems wacked out by too much sodium and chemicals makes a difference.

My husbands mood even improved. And it wasn't the placebo effect, because he didn't know I put him on an organic diet.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
The key to losing weight is getting off your fat ass once in a while. People are so lazy it's sickening. How can I lose weight without working out? How can I make money without working? A generation of gimme, gimme, gimme without having to earn it.

How can you be so thoughtless?

Stop and think about it for a second. Perhaps being fat makes you lazy, not the other way around.

Originally posted by minute2midnight
reply to post by tooo many pills

You absolutely can eat anything you want, if you work your butt off. Look back 50+ years ago at how farmers lived. They'd eat greasy fried eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes with toast and gobs of fatty butter for breakfast everyday at four a.m. Then go bust their tails in the field all day, come in and have another 5,000 calorie meal for dinner, and do it again the next day. They were lean and fit and had muscle that look like it was carved out of rock.

Here's another thought....what if butter and eggs and bacon and sausage AREN"T FATTENING? What if total caloric intake has little to do with fat gain?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don't know about where you live, but if you live in Alaska like I do, the organics are a hell of a lot more expensive to buy. So expensive that even your 10 oz = 24 oz steak comparison would not offset it. Thankfully, however, we have game. Doesn't get much more "organic" than moose off the hoof.

Originally posted by serg3smurf
I know a better one and it really works.
What my Wife and I did is just stop eating MEAT and DAIRY PRODUCTS..... I lost 10 lbs in 2 Weeks and my Wife the same....

Interesting... I've dropped over 10 lbs this week on the Atkins diet and essentially all I've had is meat and dairy products along with a couple cups of leafy greens a day.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have been on this diet for about two years. Not losing weight but not gaining any. I feel definitely healthier and am getting sick less often.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I lost 80 lbs in a year and my weight loss is still on-going doing this. Here's what I do:

"Rule" 1: Avoid soy, msg/monosodium-glutamate (glutamic acid etc.), aspartame/sorbitol/(high fructose) corn syrup or any other non-cane sugar or non-stevia sweetener. This is not at all easy. MSG for example is - and this is malicious if you think about it - is declared as "Natural Flavors" and "Yeast Extract" on the label, so now you know about that trap as well.

"Rule" 2: Avoid all oils that contain pesticides or natural toxines: canola/soybean oil/salflower and (omg!) cottonseed oil were never meant for human consumption (until lately). Safe/good oils are olive and sunflower.

"Rule" 3: I avoid wheat in all forms (bread/pasta etc.). Even small amounts of it make me gain weight like crazy. Now this may not be the case with you so I avoid wheat .. but your mileage with wheat may differ. You might want to experiment with if wheat (or maybe another food(group) such as dairy) makes you gain weight or not.

"Rule" 4: I take 10g of Vitamin C and 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (non soybean formulation, make sure!) per day. Plus I take one good swalllow of Apple Cider Vinegar (organic with the "mother", i.e. the apple solids in there).

"Rule" 5: If you do exercise and you're building muscle, remember that muscle tissue of course has weight too so don't be dismayed if you don't see the pounds dropping on the scale. For a long time I didn't even bother checking my weight, I was more delighted in seeing my waistline recede.

"Rule" 6: Especially if you're a guy .. avoid plastic beverages. If you follow my advice you will not be drinking anything from the soda aisle anyway but you might be tempted to drink water in plastic bottles. Don't. You may still be in your 20-30s, eating huge amounts of soy and guzzling bisphenol and other xenoestrogens but at some point you will worry about your noodle going limp. I know. I worried :-) But.. lol with this health regimen I'm not worried anymore.

"Rule" 7: Keep it under 2000kcal maybe even less you have to figure out how much you need but don't worry your body _will_ tell you when you've had enough if you eat food that hasn't been tampered with (msg!). You can gain weight eating organic clean food as well, maybe not as fast but it can creep up on you as well.

This is what works for me I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of this works for you too. But you know it's not just the weight loss, really what is the key is avoiding any and all of the toxins they want to put into you. The first week I did this, I just felt this intense wave of relief come over me. I could feel my system standing down from red alert, my mood brightened remarkably right these first days and I really just felt relieved as if someone lifted a stone off of my chest. Over the next months I was just happy to see me shed a lot of fat and I just feel better and better about myself every day. Hey, chicks that would turn their head the other way before, now they look at me with different eyes :-)

My food advice really boils down to one key principle: Avoid everything that has been put into food to make you sick and fat ("Rules" 1 and 2). I didn't mention artificial colors like "Blue Lake #6" or "Red #2" (whatever). I assume you still have a brain and you will of course stay away from ingredients such as "Trisodium-phosphate" (industrial cleaner found in Thrifty brand icecreams) or Polysorbate-80 (vaccine adjuvant btw) or anything else "funky".

THIS WILL NOT BE EASY!!! Haha you need to come shopping with me, I look at all the ingredient labels and there is precious little real food in a normal supermarket just so you know. Also eating at restaurants .. guess what. I suggest you don't because you have 0 control over what they use, starting with the infamous "vegetable oil" ingredient restaurants like to talk about.. without telling you the vegetable is "soybean". It will not be easy and you may be ridiculed .. BUT IT IS WELL WORTH IT!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I knew a wise doctor who advised me on the best weight loss plan and exercise program. It works, and it's not hard. First he said to me, " Are you going to the Olympics ?" and I said " No." He told me to stop exercising like I was. There is no need for any human to "work out" to exhaustion, it's a waste of time. Instead, take a brisk half hour walk three times a week. " That's all?" I asked. "Yes." he said. Then he told me the secret to weight loss. He said that fad diets, special diets, and miracle diets don't work. He said the secret is how much you eat. He said, " Whatever you eat, eat less" and you'll lose weight.

I followed his advice. I lost 30 lbs in three months. It was steady, and continual, and didn't hurt a bit. I just ate a little less. No starvation, just a little less. Instead of two burgers I ate one. Instead of a large piece of pie I had a medium size. I also cut down on bread. I didn't eliminate it, I just ate less of it.

I was and still am amazed at this because it also changed my life so that what I eat now in eating a little less is now what I eat as normal and still feel satisfied. Also it helps to get out for a walk a few times a week. I also find a place to climb some stairs too. No Olympic workouts no cycling for hours, or tread mills.

I went from 215 pounds at 5' 9" to 175 lbs. In 12 weeks. If I can do it, you can do it too.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I thought i would share my "diet" as I think its great for losing weight9its also really good for gaining muscle weight) and I don't have to limit myself from much.

My staples include sourdough bread that has been aged for 30 days, Bee products, Raw butter and cheese from grass fed animals, coconut oil, walnuts, avocado and sweet fruits. I don't eat green leafy vegetables unless its cilantro in my guac and most of my diet is raw.

Essentially i eat only food that was available to my ancestors so this leaves my options pretty open, I can make real fermented sodas, breads, cakes, real home made condiments(Mayonaisse, fermented ketchup and pickles), meat dishes if i want them etc.

All you have to do is source out quality items, don't buy anything that comes in a package and never eat grains unfermented. Try to source out products directly from small farmers, Just about all my food is obtained via the various farmers markets in Los Angeles.

Another tip, don't count calories!! Eat whenever your hungry but don't eat whenever your bored
. I end up eating around 3k cals a day if i follow this advice and its been working out wonderfully.

Its essentially what the OP recommends but a little more hardcore.

Also I try to walk at least a mile or 2 everyday and do body weight exercises every other day.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

Have you ever been checked for internal body fat(around organs). Lot's of people like yourself die each year from that, it may not be visible but it's just as big of a killer. And i personally think any "diet" that does not involve exercise is plain old silly, lot's of woman these days go on diets, i asked a few friends and family members...those types that seem to change to a fad diet monthly. And NONE of them exercised..
I personally don't think there should be much difference between GM and organic nutritional wise and how it is digested. The only reason i try to buy organic is because i hate the corporations behind GM fruit/veg...not the GM fruit/veg itself. Oh well, good luck to anyone trying this i guess.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by minute2midnight

I personally don't think there should be much difference between GM and organic nutritional wise and how it is digested. :

While this may be true I hope people don't eat organic solely because it may be more nutritious. I personally try to buy everything organic where possible to avoid the potential poisons associated with pesticides on conventional products

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I work out 90 minutes per day, 5 days per week (60 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weight lifting). I also track all my calories of everything I eat every day to ensure I am set at a healthy 2lb per week weight loss schedule by caloric reduction. I do this via LiveStrong's MyPlate program, which is free to use.

I was 295 lbs and I am now 270 lbs, and that is over the past 12 weeks.

Prior to that I was 320 lbs and I lost 25 lbs or so over the course of a year just by eating a little healthier and finding excuses to just get up and walk around once in a while throughout the day.

For the amount of exercise I have been doing over the past 12 weeks (7.5 hours/week) and me cutting my calories to lose 2 lbs/week, I was hoping to lose more with them both combined. But I have been told that weight is deceptive as one tends to add a lot of muscle weight and 'lean out' and to not completely rely on a scale. Especially with me doing 3 days upper body, 2 days lower body. I can easily leg press 400 lbs, and bench 315, both 3 sets of 15. My gym is suppose to be ordering more weights, until then that is the max.

Regardless of all that, I still look chubby.

Just my experience. I wonder if I add the organic factor to this will I be able to lose even more?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sourdough4life

Awesome!

I think, however, maybe you should consider neolithic foods as well, instead of sticking solely with paleolithic foods.

Why? It goes both ways. Not only do some neolithic foods (such as butter and raw milk) hold positive nutritional value, but some paleolithic foods hold negative nutritional value (metabolically speaking).

In any case, that's a pretty sound summary. I especially agree that counting calories is about as pointless as counting to 1000 in prime numbers.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join