It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity Cure!? Please take my weight loss challenge.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
First off, this is not a joke. I am convinced I know the secret to losing weight fast and easy. This does not require exercising or reduction of food intake, in fact I'm almost certain you can actually increase the amount of food you eat! Exercise, while not required, may serve to accelerate results?

My theory is simple and easy to follow. It is also healthy and incapable of causing any harm. It has been used successfully by two close friends of mine and I now only want to share it with others. My goal is to share it here and only ask that it be taken seriously. If I can attract a few members here to willingly follow my program to the same success as my friends, I will then be convinced of its potential. Please be honest and committed and I promise you'll see amazing results!

What's required may sound more simple than it really is? There is only one rule you must follow, although it must be followed always with no exceptions. You will also have to commit yourself to change your entire diet, including everything you drink, completely without exceptions. The only products you may continue consuming are those that contain alcohol. For instance, if you drink Jack Daniels & Coke you may keep the JD, but not the Coke.

All I want you to do is substitute all non organic food and beverages you currently consume with 100% organic versions. You can eat anything you wish as long as it's organic. Cookies, pies, cakes, chips, pizza, cheesy popcorn or anything else. If you normally eat chicken burritos and french fries on Tuesday just switch to an organic version. If you make it from scratch, swap all non organic ingredients for 100% organic ones. This goes for everything including spices, butter, oil, salt, pepper, etc.... Also, absolutely no soda, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, etc... unless it's 100% organic. No tap water either. You can fill jugs of RO water at any organic food market.

The only limitation for following this program is having a quality organic market available in your area? I'm not sure how widespread these markets are, but you'll need a good one with variety. Modern organic markets have everything your regular market carries and more. They also have soup, sandwich and juice bars. Those concerned about quality of flavors can be assured. All organic meats are far better tasting. Some may find a lack of flavor in other things at first, but this will change quickly. Once used to the real taste of real food you will find processed and non organic foods taste awful. Meat, milk, coffee, chips, crackers, popcorn, cookies, soda, juice all taste better than those containing chemical additives. Soon after switching you will prefer organic and find non organic repulsive.

Trust me when I say there's absolutely no downside here! If you've heard about organic food being "health food" or "bad tasting" it just isn't true. Or how it's too expensive. While it is slightly higher in price, it's actual food. You need much less real food to satisfy hunger due to the increase in nutrients. A 10oz organic steak is more filling than a 24oz non. Besides, it is much healthier and you will lose excess weight!

All those preservatives, pesticides, high fructose corn syrup, growth hormones, artificial colorings and flavorings and other chemicals are what's making people sick and obese. If you truly want to be healthier just follow this strictly. You will be happy you did!

If you are reading this and would like to lose excess weight, please give this a try. If you would also like to help this cause, please report back to this thread with updated results.

Only 100% organic and nothing else. Eat as much as you want of anything you please!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

if you drink Jack Daniels & Coke you may keep the JD, but not the Coke.

Now this sounds like MY kind of weight loss

Too bad im 120lbs

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The key to losing weight is 80% good diet and 20% exercise.

I lost a lot of weight quickly by cutting out all fast food and sodas and exercising. The most important thing is eating well and sticking with your plan.

I really don't think that organic is the end all be all of losing weight I was just fine buying fruits, veggies, and meats from the local grocery store.

You would be surprised how non organic some "organic" food claims to be. Here is one article that gives some insight into that and it's just a tiny fraction of the organic market.

www.time.com...

Organic is expensive, pretty much too expensive for people on a tight budget.

Just cut out all the crap in your diet and do a moderate amount of exercise weekly and you will be golden.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a a worthy endeavour. I recently lost 80 ponds in about 12 weeks (two six weeks periods with a 3 week break in between) using the HCG diet but would love to go organic. I just might give this a try just for the healthy aspect to see if I end up eating less food thus offseting the higher cost of organic foods.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I know a better one and it really works.
What my Wife and I did is just stop eating MEAT and DAIRY PRODUCTS..... I lost 10 lbs in 2 Weeks and my Wife the same....
We started this new diet and our lives have changed.....
So I guess you can say is " Different Strokes for Different Folks"

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The key to losing weight is getting off your fat ass once in a while. People are so lazy it's sickening. How can I lose weight without working out? How can I make money without working? A generation of gimme, gimme, gimme without having to earn it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by serg3smurf

Without meat and dairy (protein). all you lost was 10 pounds of muscle mass.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

By organic do you mean food grown/produced through chemical and genetic engineering or food we grow in home gardens?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You are probably right in that organic is the way to go, but if you exercise regularly you can eat anything you want, burn calories, lose fat, gain muscle mass, increase your libido, and improve your self-confidence.

Also, how organic do you think Jack Daniels is?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

You absolutely can eat anything you want, if you work your butt off. Look back 50+ years ago at how farmers lived. They'd eat greasy fried eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes with toast and gobs of fatty butter for breakfast everyday at four a.m. Then go bust their tails in the field all day, come in and have another 5,000 calorie meal for dinner, and do it again the next day. They were lean and fit and had muscle that look like it was carved out of rock.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

How do you define organic?
Everything is organic. All things are chemical poisons depending on the amount - especially the alcohol you describe. In fact literally only drinking the ethyl-alcohol might well kill you (and does THAT come from organic grains?).
What difference does it make to weight whether my lettuce is "certified organic" bought at a special market, or in a normal store?
Yeah, I'm sure it works because buying the measly organic stuff will leave such a hole in your wallet that you won't afford much food in any case. Also the parasites in the unwashed sad-looking midget-veg will become worms in your tummy and eat most of your calories, like they do in Third World countries who have little food security on their land-consuming, wasteful organic farming.
They recently showed an expose of scams (see The Real Hustle, episode 9) and it documented how scammers bought the cheapest supermarket pork sausages. They then took some pictures of the salesmen with pigs at a petting zoo. The picture was blown up as a backdrop to their "certified organic" stall at an organic market, and they sold the cheapest pork bangers for several times their original price to gullible punters. Does it make a difference? Maybe with factory farmed meat more so than with vegetables, but ultimately meat is meat and fat is fat.
What a con!

[edit on 8-4-2010 by halfoldman]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
lmao....

this is the baphomet420 diet, and I swear by it...
nobody believes me when I tell them... they laugh, but I am dead serious...

nobody follow this plan, as according to modern science you will surely live a short life...
it however seems to work for me...

never eat salads...
most of the vegetables in salad are made up of water... fat is also largely made of water...
therefore, well, you get the picture...

i eat nothing but meat and bread...
i have trouble keeping weight on...

i eat TONS of meat as well..
here is my typical daily diet...

breakfast, waffles with a ton of butter and syrup and 6-10 strips of bacon...
lunch, i usually take at work, i will typically eat 4 double burgers and drink a dr. pepper (thats approx. a pound of beef)
dinner, about a pound of chicken(white meat) smoothered in white gravy... i will either eat corn as a side, or made a huge basket of french fries...
night snack, I will usually have half of a breakfast (either the waffles w/ syrup, or 6-10 strips of bacon)
i also eat candy and chips throughout the day...

i am 6'2" and weight 180 lbs.

i have always been told that I am going to get old and loose my metabolism and get fat..
i have been hearing this for 15 years now..

i do work out on occasion (ill admit not near as much as i should), but I work really hard...

i just do not eat any mayonnaise, cheese (unless im having pizza), or vegetables.. i will have the occasional chicken pot pie of something that will have some veges in it, but I hate vegetables and never choose to eat them...

i have no health problems (some pertaining to getting stabbed, but not diet related), I get sick maybe once a year or two, usually the flu or something... take no medications..

maybe im just lucky???

the point being, I think that most nutritionist are talking out of their $#%...
it all comes down to how active you are...
doesn't matter what you eat... imho...

"if you give me anything thats not meat, i will fell disrespected" - brotha lynch hung

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

You sound a lot like me. I eat terrible, but I don't gain weight. I'm also not lazy, but not a work-out-aholic either. We're blessed with a high metabolism. You probably also have a higher than normal body temperature like me. Doc's always think I have a fever. Nope. That's just normal to have a temp hovering near 100.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I love your challenge, however what I'm doing is working wonders. I'd love to recommend it to anyone.

I've lost 50+ lbs by becoming a vegetarian and taking up boxing. I'm happier, thinner, trimmer, and tougher

I'll admit that the vegetarianism brought me down 30-40 lbs, but boxing has helped me past that plateau and is building a significant amount of muscle mass. I've never had a problem supplementing necessary proteins other muscle building dietary needs through other natural means either. My wife is a dietitian so I'm well aware of the dietary needs of the human body.

The other key is portion sizes and moderation. It's alright to indulge occasionally on something you've been craving as long as it's not a regular occurrence. That's been the biggest hurdle of all! If you can overcome this hurdle, you're more than half way there!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I lost 70lbs in 1997 and have kept it off ever since. The diet I chose was pretty draconian (of my own design) and eventually I had to let up on my eating restrictions and eat "normally". I was dreadfully afraid I'd gain all the weight back (I did gain back about 20lbs, so my net loss is 70lbs down from a total of 90lbs), but that never happened (other than the 20lbs, and some of that was from medications I had been prescribed).

Basically what I found out was that portion control (at least in my case) seemed to be the most critical factor with controlling my weight. I have always been an active person, walking my dog, cycling, never sitting still, but still I put on the weight. I came to the realization that to maintain a close to normal weight, I require very little food, regardless of the type of food. I can eat pizza, take out, candy, etc, but I both restrict the frequency of eating these types of foods, and I also restrict how much I eat.

That may not be the case for everyone, but IMO the best thing to do is to try and find out what the critical factor is for yourself. I added/continued exercise, that didn't work, I switched to low fat/"diet" foods, that didn't work, but limiting intake of most kinds of foods did and does work for me.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Once every five or six months I go through about a month period where I will eat all Organic.

I can't say that I have lost weight during that month, but it really increases my energy level and helps me get all the toxins out of my system.

I know what you are saying, well why wouldn't I do that all the time.

Cost is part of it, normally I spend about 15.00 a day feeding myself from a regular super market.

When I go Organic it costs me about 40.00 a day, plust the added time and distance of shopping organic.

There is no denying that the Organic food tastes better, is healthier for you, and that it really increases your energy level and allertness.

It would be interesting to do it longer term, I just started about a week ago on the all organic diet, maybe I will keep at it more than a month this time and see if I loose any weight too.

By the way Icelandic style yogurt tastes really, really, yuchy no matter how much Hershey's syrup you dump in it!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

What you describe is almost perversely funny considering the dieters, but I have been watching a BBC series on people with veg phobias stemming back to childhood. Most don't eat as varied as yourself, and they obsess around foods like pizza or potato crisps. Foods that are supposed to make us fat by the conventional wisdom of other programs. And yet all these people are perfectly slim and good looking!
The program ignores its own irony and treats them with psychologists so that they can at least go for family meals in restaurants and so forth.
But it's really astounding.
These people are totally healthy and slim.

In your case I'd say that the meals you eat are rich but keep you full and actually prevent the constant snacking of other eating patterns. Arguably the same happens with high-fat diets like Atkins. The sugar from one cola and some candies is probably the same as in many fruits (if one looks at fruits rationally). Unlike Atkins you're getting grains and lots of minerals and vitamins - so good on you! So the secret for you is following a diet suited to your metabolism, and these foods are digested very slowly, which leads to a long period of satiation.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
2 years ago I lost 66lbs or so over about 6 months.

I did it on a diet that looked like this, with some daily variation;

Breakfast: Weetabix with low fat milk and one small spoon of honey. Or, medium size bowl of Special K or Branflakes.

Lunch: Depending on how I felt, fruit, a small sandwich of ham. No butter or mustard but maybe some sweet chili sauce.

Dinner: Salad that included beetroot, a small amount of Brie, maybe one slive of ham, and lashings of Balsamic vinegar.

For drinks I had one can of full fat coke with my salad, but apart from that, only tea/coffee with one spoon of honey or diet coke.

For snacks or a little treat, a small bag of crisps maybe once a week.

On weekend I'd treat myself to a homemade cheese burger or something, and I'd have maybe a duck breast salad, or something like roast duck on a Sunday.

I NEVER ate after 5pm. EVER.

The weight just dropped off. People didn't recognise me.

Since then I have got married, have a small baby, and begun to put on a little bit, maybe 15lbs again, but if I change back to the diet, I lose the weight quickly.

The biggest issue is that as part of a family, it is impossible to stick to as it means making a different meal to everyone else, but for singletons, it worked a treat!

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Fraank Fontaine]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Congrats on your success! Hopefully you will try organic in the future? It's a much healthier and sustainable alternative to injections.

Good luck and thanks for your reply.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully
reply to post by Zerbst

By organic do you mean food grown/produced through chemical and genetic engineering or food we grow in home gardens?

www.organic.org...

What does “organic” mean?

Simply stated, organic produce and other ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, genetically modified organisms, or ionizing radiation. Animals that produce meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products do not take antibiotics or growth hormones.

The USDA National Organic Program (NOP) defines organic as follows:

Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations. Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals that are given no antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides; fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge; bioengineering; or ionizing radiation. Before a product can be labeled "organic," a Government-approved certifier inspects the farm where the food is grown to make sure the farmer is following all the rules necessary to meet USDA organic standards. Companies that handle or process organic food before it gets to your local supermarket or restaurant must be certified, too.

Basically, the complete opposite to the first part of your assumption. Home gardens are only organic when produced entirely through natural methods. They must be free of pesticides, fertilizers and chemicals of any kind.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Zerbst]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join