It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg & MAIG Move To Make Strict Gun Regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The fallowing is an e-mail I received. This one looks a little more serious than the usual anti-gun fanatics.

Dear friend,

Liberals in places like New York, Boston and Washington D.C. are riding high on the passage of President Obama's health care reform bill. Emboldened by their backdoor success, liberal leaders are already setting their sights on the next round of political priorities.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun front group Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) have sent the White House and Congressional leaders a 40-point report outlining the anti-gun measures they would like make into law.

You might be saying to yourself, "We've heard this song before, right?" Wrong.

The anti-gun elitist have changed their tactics. Instead of trying to pass legislation through Congress, they want these changes made by regulation and executive order.

Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun stooges want to bypass the elected representatives of the people and allow unelected bureaucrats in the Obama Administration to violate your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Bloomberg's plan includes the creation of a Federal task force of over seven different agencies from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the White House Office of Budget and Management.

Elements of the proposal, which is titled "A blueprint for Federal Action on illegal guns", includes a laundry list of anti-gun measures.

Just some of the proposed changes in regulation include:

* Bans on the importation of "non-sporting use" firearms
* Restructuring and expanding the authority of the radically anti-gun and out-of-control BATFE
* Mandatory federal "lock-up your safety" regulations
* Surprise "residency" checks on buyers who purchase multiple guns
* REAL ID and biometric validation of firearms purchaser information
* Increasing paperwork and hurdles for gun dealers to jump through

Simply put, the anti-gun lobby is trying to push its unconstitutional wish list through the federal bureaucracy and away from the eyes of voters across the country.

Rest assured, the National Association for Gun Rights will do everything in its power to expose this outrageous, backdoor attempt to force gun control upon the American people.

You can read the full text of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns proposal, HERE.

If you think this is outrageous as I do, drop by the National Association for Gun Rights blog, and join the conversation.

Keep fighting,

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
National Association for Gun Rights

So, make sure you look at the PDF on the 'Mayors Against Illegal Guns' site.

Proposal PDF

PLEASE FLAG THIS THREAD

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Skimming through the PDF, there are a couple 'good' things in this, such as regulating Mexican Border Trafficing and such.

But the rest of this is just ludicrous.

More background checks, more rules for gun shows, banning importation of 'non-sporting' firearms. Requiring gun locks.

I mean come on? Residency checks for buyers at gun shows?

This is really intrusive.

Even REAL ID is in this PDF.

The stuff stated in that e-mail IS in here.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

What part of

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

do these pieces of dog excrement not understand?

[edit on 4/7/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Context from PDF

B. REAL ID and Gun Purchases
Recommendation 3: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) should require
REAL ID-compliant identification for all gun purchases after December 1, 2014. Background: Bogus identification frustrates both NICS background checks and dealer record keeping requirements. In 2000 and 2001, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) attempted to use fake driver’s licenses five times in different states to buy guns and succeeded in buying a gun from a licensed dealer in every case.7 False
identification is a particularly significant problem in southwest border states, where foreign nationals are illegally trafficking weapons and ammunition into Mexico. For example, in a recent criminal case, a Mexican citizen purchased firearms at least seven times from federally licensed dealers in Texas, each time falsely reporting that he was a Texas resident and presumably presenting false identification.8

THIS is BS. When you give your license, you provide personal information along with it and the dealer has to make a call to an FBI agency to make sure you have no felonies. Simple as that. (At-least in WA.)

How someone can fake a 10 minute background check is beyond me. How do you fake a license number, a persons weight, age and eye color when it's recorded in the system?

Also..

One mechanism for verifying identification already exists. In 2005, Congress passed the REAL ID Act to ensure that more secure, tamper-resistant identification could be required for certain critical functions. Federal buildings and airports will start requiring REAL ID on December 1, 2014.9 DHS should issue regulations clarifying that a NICS check in connection with a gun purchase is an “official purpose” for which the REAL ID Act requires specialized identification.

This is also from the PDF.. is this true? Can someone clear this up for me?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
More

B. Multiple Purchases of Long Guns Commonly Used in Crimes
Recommendation 39: ATF should identify the long guns most linked to crime
and require dealers to report multiple sales of such guns.
Background: ATF initiates 13 percent of its criminal trafficking investigations based
on reviews of multiple handgun sale reports.106 Under federal law, licensed dealers
VI. ENFORCEMENT OF EXISTING LAWS ONmESPECIALLY DANGEROUS FIREARMS RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MAYORS AGAINST ILLEGAL GUNS 31
are required to send these reports to ATF whenever the same person buys more than one handgun from that dealer within five business days.107 If one of these guns is later recovered in a crime, these reports enable more efficient tracing. But the reporting requirement does not apply to long gun sales, even though some types of long guns are frequently used in crime. For example, ATF and DEA have found that the favorite weapons of Mexican drug cartels include high-quality .223, 7.62x39 mm, 5.7x28, and .50 caliber rifles.108 At crime scenes in U.S. cities, 12-gauge shotguns are among the
five most frequently recovered types of crime guns.109 ATF should use trace data and other intelligence to identify the rifles and shotguns most likely to be used in crime, including by the Mexican cartels. It should issue a new, “Type V” Demand Letter requiring dealers to report multiple sales of suspect long guns if in the prior year they had 15 or more traces110 or three or more traces of suspect long guns. ATF should periodically review trace data so the list of suspect long guns continues to reflect those most likely to be linked to crime.

More Intrusion.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is the way government does things now.

Expect it to get worse. They are drunk with power and abusing it every which way they can.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Okay I'll kick the obvious dog here - do we think this is "real" or an attempt to inflame some group? Government or NWO disinformation or propaganda. Certainly not an idea with any real merit IMO.

Odd isn't it how you may not be able to tell which way it's blowing in from but the stench is incredible!

gj

edit add: Sorry to miss the obvious, but how much are the dues in the National Gun Rights Association anyway?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
One of the problems with IDs in some states is there are no laws against having a fake or id theft. as long as you do not use the fake or stolen ID for criminal activity.

And in the same states its not illegal or not prosecuted if some one uses a stolen ID to buy a gun.

There have been many illegals buy guns in Calif using stolen IDs or relatives IDs

Common in Calif is for a illegal to get a replacement state ID card from a relative that is in the US legally in another state and use it to get a Calif drivers license.
Unless the illegal is not using a drivers license from another state just using a state ID the state of Calif does not return the state ID card to the state that issued it.

Sometimes its like the state of Calif does not try to stop illegal from buying guns just so they can make new laws to restrict guns

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
One of the problems with IDs in some states is there are no laws against having a fake or id theft. as long as you do not use the fake or stolen ID for criminal activity.

And in the same states its not illegal or not prosecuted if some one uses a stolen ID to buy a gun.

There have been many illegals buy guns in Calif using stolen IDs or relatives IDs

Common in Calif is for a illegal to get a replacement state ID card from a relative that is in the US legally in another state and use it to get a Calif drivers license.
Unless the illegal is not using a drivers license from another state just using a state ID the state of Calif does not return the state ID card to the state that issued it.

Sometimes its like the state of Calif does not try to stop illegal from buying guns just so they can make new laws to restrict guns

So if these people were sincere, they could just tighten the rules for identification the majority of us already use.

Like all of this is really going to be good for us all.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Here's what caught my eye -

One mechanism for verifying identification already exists. In 2005, Congress passed
the REAL ID Act to ensure that more secure, tamper-resistant identification could be
required for certain critical functions. Federal buildings and airports will start requiring
REAL ID on December 1, 2014.9

NO REAL ID, no fly? NO REAL ID, no entry in to federal buildings? So, despite near unanimous rejection of real ID by the public they are going ahead with it anyway. Go figure.

What gets me in the recommendations is the little part about a SECOND serial number, presumably something we cannot see. I know there is a problem with that but I'm still too sleepy to know just what it is yet.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Bloomberg: Deny Second Amendment to People on no-fly List
(No-Fly and Terrorist watch list are synonymous)

Bloomberg Seeks to Close 'Terror Gap'
www.youtube.com...

Pretty simple move: Deny the second amendment to anyone on the no-fly list. Next add more people to the list. Pretty soon nearly everyone is on the list.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If I may focus on the minutiae for a moment...,

...REAL ID-compliant...

THAT MEANS HUGE DOLLARS FOR SOME INDUSTRY, NO?

RealID was another of those security-driven cash cow initiatives that went hand-in-hand NAFTA and her evolved form the SPP.

If Gun-control can excuse making "Real ID" a mandated reality - even if only for gun-owners, things will change.... a lot.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
They are preparing for civil unrest.

Imagine a bunch of hungry people...trapped in a city....with guns.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

No problem David, I will not go hungry. Imagine some of the apocalypse movies, there is a LOT of meat out there.

Okay, that freaks me out a LOT!

edit- spelled apocalypse wrong

[edit on 5/6/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Well imagine a bunch of people rushing grocery stores to get whatever they can...and those people all have guns.

You've seen how people act during Christmas season...and that's just buying frickin toys.

IF things were to collapse...the very last place I'd ever want to be is in a major city. The mountains would be a good place to be...or anywhere desolate as long as plenty of food was available.

The future doesn't look good...hopefully it never gets to that point however. Who knows what is going to happen...I don't think anyone can say for sure.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I have to give my SHTF plan.

Alright, there are two types of people, those that prepare and those that do not.

I live right next door to a food warehouse and a grocers distribution center.

Yes, the SHTF, I have to collect. But it is RIGHT next door.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This whole thing is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Why all the wasted time?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
No fly list problems.

* Daniel Brown, a United States Marine returning from Iraq, was prevented from boarding a flight home in April 2006 because his name matched one on the No Fly List. The rest of his company refused to leave the airport until Brown was allowed to board.

* David Fathi, an attorney for the ACLU of Iranian descent and a plaintiff in the ACLU lawsuit.

*Robert J. Johnson, a surgeon and a former lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, was told in 2006 that he was on the list, although he had had no problem in flying the month before. Johnson was running as a Democrat against U.S. Representative John McHugh, a Republican. Johnson wondered whether he was on the list because of his opposition to the Iraq War.

* U.S. Representative John Lewis (D-GA), widely known for his civil rights advocacy, has been stopped many times.

*U.S. Representative Don Young (R-AK), the 3rd-most senior Republican in the House, was flagged in 2004 after he was mistaken for a "Donald Lee Young".

*Some members of the Federal Air Marshal Service have been denied boarding on flights that they were assigned to protect because their names matched those of persons on the no-fly list.

*In August 2008, CNN reported that an airline captain and retired brigadier general for the United States Air Force has had numerous encounters with security officials when attempting to pilot his own plane.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now they want to use a flawed no fly list to block people from buying guns.

And i will bet they will not do anything to get the people that are unfairly on the no fly list cleared so they can buy guns.

Over the past three years, 81,793 travelers have formally asked that they be struck from the watch list through the Department of Homeland Security; more than 25,000 of their cases are still pending.

And these mayors would block every one of these people from buying guns.??????????????????????????

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This may be related:

U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade

However, they said insisting that decisions on the treaty be made by consensus "could fatally weaken a final deal."

"Governments must resist US demands to give any single state the power to veto the treaty as this could hold the process hostage during the course of negotiations. We call on all governments to reject such a veto clause," said Oxfam International's policy adviser Debbie Hillier.

The proposed legally binding treaty would tighten regulation of, and set international standards for, the import, export and transfer of conventional weapons.

Supporters say it would give worldwide coverage to close gaps in existing regional and national arms export control systems that allow weapons to pass onto the illicit market.

www.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

join