It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Live in Public - trailer - A vision of where the internet is headed. (must watch)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

On the 40th anniversary of the Internet, WE LIVE IN PUBLIC tells the story of the effect it is having on our society as seen through the eyes of the greatest Internet pioneer youve never heard of, visionary Josh Harris. Award-winning director, Ondi Timoner (DIG!), documented his tumultuous life for more than a decade, to create a riveting, cautionary tale of what to expect as the virtual world inevitably takes control of our lives. Please visit the website: www.weliveinpublicthemovie.com... for more information.

This is a very interesting trailer.

And very scary.

Our Revolution could eventually be against technology... and that's a revolution I'm willing to participate in.

Think about today's children that are being raised with the internet, video games, 3D movies, pixar cartoons, and yes... reality TV.

I don't where it all leads to... but it can't be good for humanity.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Disturbing, I agree.

Its been my opinion for sometime now that in the long term the internet/digital tech age could possibly be the most detrimental in human history. It is much less about expanding knowledge and information so much as it is about influence and a general break from humanity. Simply put, it is dehumanizing.

My two cents.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
"The Achilles Heel of the New World Order"

Weakness 1: Technological Infrastructure

This is probably the most exposed aspect of the New World Order system, the entire military, financial system and 'Big Brother' control grid derives its power from the heavily integrated yet wholly outdated and fragile telecommunications infrastructure. All the computer systems of the world are wired together in a series of networks run by a gaggle of private and government based companies. Linked up by satellites, and telecommunications hubs all across the world.

There are literally hundreds of these network operating centers (NOC) and telecom Central Offices (CO) in each community switching massive amounts of data, plugged into military bases, financial institutions, and even key infrastructure complexes like nuclear power plants. It has been reported that one slip by a contractors shovel can cost billions of dollars of damage in down time.

The beast is literally wearing it's tender genitalia on it's face, and if it gets overly heavy handed the peoples of the world could easily grind this whole system to halt without a a single shot fired.

The technological advances and sophisticated military systems are so inter-dependent on diverse highly specialized manafactured components from companies all over the globe the right cable cut could ground i.e. fleets of F-16's and other key military supply lines to a halt, and in a matter of a year or less would be useless pieces of scrap metal.

NSA, DARPA, the Pentagon, Special Ops and everything is so heavily reliant on this technology if absent the playing field will once again be leveled back to the days of black powder where a man has to face his opponent on a open battlefield.

The elite are working to fix the problem, but it is and will remain to be the tender underbelly of the BEAST system. They sure as hell fire don't want the free peoples of the world to know, but anyone with a IT background knows this to be so and the secret is out.

forum.prisonplanet.com...

Good overview of the system for those who want to read more.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That's more right than they know. Wasn't it popular mechanics that published an article on how to build a simple electromagentic pulse bomb? I believe it's basically a transformer covered to det-cord. You get the transformer humming with power from a big capacitor and blow it up, instant non-nuclear EMP! A few dozen of those in key spots and it's lights out in any big city. Nothing would panic modern man more than knowing all of their precious gadgets were now good for nothing but paper-weights!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
www.prolognet.qc.ca...

The beast of the Apocalypse is already set up in Brussels, Belgium: It is a gigantic computer that makes its own programs. "By using three entries of six digits each, each citizen of the whole world will be given a distinct credit card number." Three entries of six digits each: 666.

Saint John's Apocalypse speaks of two Beast of the sea and the Beast of the earth, that will make up the "Antichrist" couple at the end of times. The commentators say that the Beast coming from the sea is the political power, Satan's fearsome ally. And the Beast coming from the earth is the power of money. The Beast of the earth, the financial power,..

The beast of the Apocalypse is already set up in Brussels, Belgium: It is a gigantic computer that makes its own programs. "By using three entries of six digits each, each citizen of the whole world will be given a distinct credit card number." Three entries of six digits each: 666.

Saint John's Apocalypse speaks of two Beast of the sea and the Beast of the earth, that will make up the "Antichrist" couple at the end of times. The commentators say that the Beast comming from the sea is the political power, Satan's fearsome ally. And the Beast coming from the earth is the power of money. The Beast of the earth, the financial power,

The Brussels Electronic Accounting Surveillance Terminal.

Nice plot for a movie...Level that and we're back to square one?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Dear Doomsday 2029

Very interesting and indeed you and they may be right. Certainly in so far as these people in the video are not mature enough to be able to use the internet correctly.

Personally I use it as my own library on my desk top. I can find information that I would never be able to find if the internet had never been invented. For this I very much thank them for the internet.

However the internet also panders to the sad. Like the adverts on TV about personalities and there sad boring lives ie what is Tom Cruse doing with ***** ***** I have to put the stars because I have no idea who Tom Cruse is with I don’t care it is of no interest to me what so ever, or any other supposedly famous names for that matter. These people are actors nothing more at one time not that long ago considered low class.

So my word on the subject is to the users of the internet grow up.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
And I thought Eon McKai made some crappy flicks!

As much as I love pretentious rich kids getting it on like they're the first generation ever to have questioned that around them I think I'll give this obvious cash cow for the artistically challenged paranoiac slide.

Anything that starts off by telling you someone you've never heard of being the best ever is always greed induced.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Certainly there are mature users of the internet... My problem is that society has become too dependent upon it.

The economy depends on it.

You pay your bills on it.

and you communicate on it.

What happens if the internet no longer works?

The fact of the matter is that the eye in the sky (the government) can also now see what you are using the internet for... and keep a database or psychological profile on just about everything they need to know about you.

Also... If you ever have children, please know that they will have access to a computer just about anywhere they go. At age 12, all it takes is one their friends to show him a few things on his iphone that you might not approve of.

The amount of disgusting stuff I've seen on the internet will most likely one day be seen by my children in shape form or fashion... But at least my generation was blessed enough to remember a childhood when the internet did not exist... and those were better days (the 1980's).

The children growing up today will not know what it was like when the WWW wasn't in every home in america... and the amount of information they are going to process (good and bad) thanks to the internet cannot be a good for their minds, but that's just my opinion.

The fact of the matter is, and it's hard to describe... the internet (technology) is enslaving us... not freeing us.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Dear Doomsday 2029

The young ones have had bag influences since Adam was a boy. A fact of growing up. With me it was Tit Bits a UK publication. Ok really very tame by today’s standers but back then it was shared around the class room. So nothing new there.

The very fact that we are able to disuse this here on this site is freeing us.

You think it will be bad when they switch of the internet Humm, try when they switch of the electricity.

Beside which the internet was designed so that it could not be switched off, and what is more TPTB use it as much if not more than we do. As you say how would they know what we think if they where not monitoring this.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You should check the animated series Ghost in the Shell - Stand alone complex.

It digs in a lot deeper than this, and I fear that this is the way our society is going.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
anybody else like this trailer?

it was good.

new topics

top topics

join