It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Tripping Cop Tasers Person For Getting Their License Out Too Slowly

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by rejudge

One could argue the tasers use was as much for the drivers protection as for the officer.

Your kidding right? Why don't we just start tasing people right off the bat to establish superiority and then ask for ID, just to be safe. Faulty logic you got there. What a weak ass example of law enforcement.

I'm tired of seeing wussy cops using tasers because they have no patience and cant handle confrontation what so ever. Its like they went through police academy and they just handed them a taser. They treat citizens like dogs and if they don't sit on command zzzzzzittttt!

Everyone is not a mass murder that gets pulled over. Just because he chose to pull someone over they are not a instant criminal. He should try to treat people more civil.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Seeing police act like this gives me a feeling in my stomache similiar to food poisoning. I have been that guy on the ground before, it is a real scary place to be with no one to protect you. That is also just the beginning of the abuse.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Ugh

-A car with no rear license plate is suspicious

-A person stalling and digging around for his ID may be trying to dig out a weapon, we can't see whats going on in the car

-Upon being asked to go to the back of the vehicle the person becomes confrontational on the side of the freeway, cop does not want to wrestle the person and risk both of their lives (notice the cars zooming by and realize that people frequently crash into what they are looking at on the side of the road)

I think that cops use tasers in dumb situations a little too often, but I would have done the same thing. The person was not tased because they were taking too long to get out the license but for for being confrontational in a dangerous situation.

Argh I can't spell

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Raustin]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Raustin]

WRONG! The officer opened the door and initiated the confrontation. He had NO interest in talking or letting the guy look for his papers, he did what felt good...

A bully doesn't have to punch you first, he just has to set the precedent.

A three day suspension is garbage, he needs to turn in his badge.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ModernAcademia...

I feel like we have gotten off on the wrong foot

I see that you post things such as this that truly make one think differently

I appreciate your effort and Im sorry, even if we've seen issues with each other, we are all striving towards the same goal

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I basically always stick for cops and soldiers but this cop is totally wrong and is not following procedure in this case. A taser should only be used if the subject is has threatening behavior and this subject did not.

Good thread OP thank you for showing us this and you get a flag.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I love that US mentality on here of if a cop stops you "Shut up and do as your told!"

They are public servants for crying out loud if an officer is being unreasonable you have every right to question him and his actions.

People constantly argue on ATS whether US soldiers would ever open up on US civilians? Just look at the conduct and mistreatment dished out by the police forces across your great nation. Now how do you think soldiers would act if told that you were the enemy.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Land of the free and home of the brave. No wait.. what?

The situation is similar to a slaveowner disciplining his slaves. With the difference that slave owners knew that if they took it too far, the slaves would revolt. The cops don't seem to understand that acting like this only brings forth worse and worse conditions for the working policemen, as all respect for cops is being killed very effectively.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I gotta admit I only read the first page or so of this thread, but nobody mentioned one thing that was really obvious to me. If you pull over on the right shoulder of a highway, any cop with a brain will talk to you through the passenger side window. Obviously he was set on tazing this guy before he even pulled him over... Besides, have any of you ever been on a 65mph highway? Everyone drives 75-80ish. If you do 65, you're MORE likely to cause an accident than if you were going 70. I hope the dumb pig gets run over, because not only is he obsessed with his "power," but he is actually too damn stupid to worry about his own safety by standing on the wrong side of the car...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Didn't the drive know that promptness and a hidey doo attitude is needed if you get pulled over. Even if said officer has angry voice. That does suck though 5 mph over, that is like reverse lucky especially if others were doing it to and they do. The cop was probly just have a bad day, you know a short fuse. Thankfully not all cops are like that, cops talk in a "do it" voice. One tazed innocent is worth it, maybe it was the end of the month and he needed to get his monthly ticket quota.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join