It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Tripping Cop Tasers Person For Getting Their License Out Too Slowly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Power Tripping Cop Tasers Person For Getting Their License Out Too Slowly

www.youtube.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is purely ridiculous!!!!

First he gives him less than one second to take out his license and insurance then he tells him to get out of the car and then once he gets out he flips out and tells him to get back into the car???????

What the hell just happened there?????????

What a weird event this was, what the hell was this???

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I agree, that was pretty ridiculous. The officer seemed to be very short tempered for no apparent reason, but I'm sure after reviewing this tape, they would drop the charges against the driver...just my opinion

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
He got a three day suspension, that's it.

His argument was that it was Thanksgiving, he was in a hurry to get to another call, and "his blood sugar was low".

I'm surprised that they didn't put the driver in jail for something to bargain away the suspension, but I suppose the video hitting YouTube made it a public relations problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Scum like that needs to be in a cell.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ugh

-A car with no rear license plate is suspicious

-A person stalling and digging around for his ID may be trying to dig out a weapon, we can't see whats going on in the car

-Upon being asked to go to the back of the vehicle the person becomes confrontational on the side of the freeway, cop does not want to wrestle the person and risk both of their lives (notice the cars zooming by and realize that people frequently crash into what they are looking at on the side of the road)

I think that cops use tasers in dumb situations a little too often, but I would have done the same thing. The person was not tased because they were taking too long to get out the license but for for being confrontational in a dangerous situation.

Argh I can't spell

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the driver has a civil case against the officer.
That just doesn't seem right.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Whoa...double post.

[edit on 4/7/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Was that a license plate in the rear portion of the back window?
I'm having a tough time seeing it...but it looks like one.
But, the driver does not seem dumb enough to drive without any rear plate.
Dumb enough to do other things, I'm sure.
But from where I'm sitting, it looks like he did have a plate, just not fastened to the bracket, which he could have just gotten sited for.

[note: edited because I didn't properly finish a sentence...shame on me]

[edit on 4/7/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Guess that guy will be getting his license out quicker next time.

You're right, but unfortunately, no one will want to be bothered with looking at it that way, especially on ATS.

All they see is the cop making someone "ride the lightning" and that's it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That cop was WAY too quick on the draw with his taser. That said, the driver WAS acting like a total punk, and probably deserved having a cop in his face, not only for his driving but his attitude after being pulled over. Asking "why you doing this to me?" when you're speeding with no plates on your car is undoubtedly one way to piss off any cop.

This cop could just as easily have made his point without the taser.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well, here's the catch though...
if the guy was in a frenzy to pull his license out quicker, I'm thinking that cop would've tazed him for sure.
It's a no-win situation for that driver.

link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
He got a three day suspension, that's it.

His argument was that it was Thanksgiving, he was in a hurry to get to another call, and "his blood sugar was low".

"I missed the bus... there was a terrible flood!"

link   
After looking at the video tape, I can say that I can see what all was wrong on both persons part. The problem with the officer, is that he was not letting the person have the time to take out what he asked for. Most men keep their drivers liscence and proof of insurance in their wallet in their back pocket. And he was too rough on the person. On the flip side, the problem with the driver and the person in the vehicle did not make things better. One was that the other person was speaking, not a good idea when a police officer was speaking. He needed to tell the officer that he was reaching for his liscence and proof of insurance, and ask him for a minute or 2, actually stating the time for the officer to hear.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Well to be entirely honest I couldn't tel,l but either way it's not really too relevant. When you get pulled over, do what you're told. You can tell even the passenger is sounding irritated that the driver is not producing the license. I know this will be an unpopular opinion and I patiently await the flame fest. I've been here long enough to recognize the start of an all cops are the devil thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm a fervent supporter of the police. This is a clear cut case of abuse. Fortunately for this tool he has a strong union and a medical case. Umhuh.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Oh, yeah man, I fully understand what you're saying.
But, c'mon, the cop should've given the guy ample time to get his license out and the driver should've just kept his mouth shut and then we wouldn't even need to discuss the issue.
Right?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Confrontational? I would have called that questioning him in a difficult situation, which is exactly as I would have done.

You have every right to take the time needed to find your licence, etc, without being ordered from the car immediately.

You have every right to question the officer if you think he is doing something wrong or being too aggressive in the situation.

People have to realise that a Police Officer is not a God, his life has no more value than your's, his decisions can be as poor as the next person's, and no matter what he IS only a Public Servant who's wages you pay with your Tax Dollars. He is working for You and should show Respect to the population.

This officer was far too hasty with the taser and again it shows how over the top Policing has become these days.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Ugh

-A car with no rear license plate is suspicious

-A person stalling and digging around for his ID may be trying to dig out a weapon, we can't see whats going on in the car

-Upon being asked to go to the back of the vehicle the person becomes confrontational on the side of the freeway, cop does not want to wrestle the person and risk both of their lives (notice the cars zooming by and realize that people frequently crash into what they are looking at on the side of the road)

I think that cops use tasers in dumb situations a little too often, but I would have done the same thing. The person was not tased because they were taking too long to get out the license but for for being confrontational in a dangerous situation.

Argh I can't spell

That was worth reading again. So I quoted it.

Thank you for using common sense, watching the video and posting what happened.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Again, you were not able to view the inside of the car. I can't tell you if the guy was just sitting there with his hands on the wheel, not even looking for his license, or if he was digging around in the center console. With police being shot in traffic stops I think that they have every right to be cautious, and when afraid for their safety or the safety of someone else order a person out of a car a little too hastily so be it. The driver was clearly being combative and refusing a direct command.

I like you're signature quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join