It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Nightflower

Perhaps you didn't read my post. My fear is based on your lack of knowledge, as demonstrated throughout this thread.

Happy witchdoctoring.

Your fear is manufactured and on some kind of agenda, this thread is to spread awareness of a very critical area that many of us have already heard about, and this conspiracy against the people is very real. They really are doing everything they can to cripple our health and mental functioning.

Its like with anything, you read a link, or news, what someone shares, and you decide for yourself. If you're afraid of excecise your own intellect to make your own judgments and pretend you need some NWO NAZI authority to do this for you, please don't keep mentioning here, most people on ATS, don't require some "authority" to think for them. They weigh tings up and decide for themselves.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Of all the elements known so far to be essential for health, iodine is the most misunderstood and the most feared. Yet, it is by far the safest of all the trace elements known to be essential for human health. It is the only trace element that can be ingested safely in amounts up to 100,000 times the RDA. For example, potassium iodide has been prescribed safely to pulmonary patients in daily amounts of up to 6.0 gm/day, in large groups of such patients for several years. It is important, however, to emphasize that this safety record only applies to inorganic, non-radioiodides. Unfortunately, the severe side effects of iodine-containing drugs have been attributed to inorganic iodine/iodide, even though published studies clearly demonstrate that it is the whole organic molecule that is cytotoxic, not the iodine covalently bound to this molecule.

By Guy E. Abraham, MD
www.optimox.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's what i've been trying to say. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I did some looking around for some deals and found this.

www.allvitaminsplus.com...

I assume it would be ok to take 32.5mg on a daily basis? I just don't know all of these companies bottling pills if its really iodide inside or not.

instructions say adults to take no more than 1-4 tablets a day for 10 days (no further without physicans attention). Would there be any reason to continue to take such high doses if your body has rid itself of the 'toxins'?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by eLPresidente]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well, I did the research, I took the time, and it paid off.

I have been suffering with chronic pain in my mid back, and about a year ago, both my hips. It was a pain just getting out of bed and life was loosing meaning for me.

Its been about a week of munching on raw, dried out seaweed, and the pain in the hips is gone, hallelujah
The pain in the back is also getting better.

We did the tincture of iodine test, the wife and myself. Her spot was gone in about 2 hours, and mine was there about 4 hours. I got the seaweed, she is getting the M A G N A S C E N T which is on order. She has all the classical symptoms that describe iodine deficiency. She takes about two dozen pills a day for all the conditions. Im going to love the next time she goes into the doctors office and they are amazed by her numbers
But it was fun just watching how they reacted to her numbers after I put her on Vitamin C LOL LOL LOL

Oh, by the way, she refuses to munch on the seaweed, and I can understand, it tastes like dirty sea water lol But it works

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

If you don't experience any bad sideeffects (aside from the more worse detoxing in the beginning) there's no reason not to take this dose for aslong as you like. But getting a thyroid/blood check once in a while might be a good idea then.

10 days is not enough for a complete detox, for some it can take anywhere from 3 month to years. The more worse detox symptoms might only be noticable in the beginning, but to get all that accumalated stuff out can still take very long.

The benefits of taking that dose even when completly detoxed is that you make sure you stay saturated and have a protection from accumalating heavy metals ect. again.

The product seems fine, but i have no idea about the calcium they added. To me it makes more sense to take a tablet with only potassium iodide and with as little added other stuff as possible and get the other nutrients if possible with a healthy diet.

Maybe you want to look into lugol's solution, it has no added stuff and you can change the dose if wanted much easier.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

That's great! I love the puzzled look on a doctors face when you heal yourself and they have no clue how you did it.

Shows how they really don't know everything.

I think i haven't been to one in over a year and i have simply no reason to go

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightflower

I think haven't been to one in over a year and have simply no reason to go
That isn't going to make the doctors happy, financially that is. Heck, the dentist isn't happy that vitamin C kills all the dental pain, but that's another story.

The hips are sore, naturally, and as you said, will take time to recover completely, but just that short of time tells me there is a great truth behind Iodine, and most likely a conspiracy as well.

Thank you for posting this, it has had a great impact on my life, and hopefully, others as well!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That's great! I love the puzzled look on a doctors face when you heal yourself and they have no clue how you did it.

Shows how they really don't know everything.

I think i haven't been to one in over a year and i have simply no reason to go

Before you backtracked because you were giving potentially dangerous medical advice and you said this:

Geez, what have i started here

If anyone is unsure about taking iodine, ask your doctor to monitor you.

Yet in your most recent post you are back to encouraging people to ignore and dismiss what their doctors say and follow your half a year of research c/o google.com research. If someone takes your advice and they end up having a heart attack due to thyroid storm.. are you going to offer to pay for the funeral and apologize to their family?

btw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
]1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by riley]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I'm really getting tired of this.

I'm not forcing anyone to take anything. People aren't stupid and can make up their own mind about this matter.

I don't like 99% of the doctor's outthere, and that is my opinion. But sadly if somone already has a thyroid condition and is unsure how he/she will react, a doctor is one way to get somone to help with monitoring it.

To me there is no reason to believe that anyone is having a deadly reaction to a essential nutrient, provided they do not already have a condition where they know they react a certain way to certain things. If somone has such a condition they know they have to be careful and have to check it up with a doc or something. Right? Please don't tell me people are to stupid now to think for themself. If they are to lazy to think for themself and take every advise someone says somewhere on a forum without checking it out first and decide for themself, then there's no help for them anyway.

Do YOU even know what you are talking about? Did you read all the links i have provided? Or do you just want to go crazy and spread your fears?

Please show me proof that any of the material i provided is false.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

I'm really getting tired of this.

Maybe you should stop posting dangerous unproven medical theories and calling it factual.

I'm not forcing anyone to take anything. People aren't stupid and can make up their own mind about this matter.

No you were not just giving "opinions". You have been posting unproven medical advice and have called it factual.

I don't like 99% of the doctor's outthere, and that is my opinion. But sadly if somone already has a thyroid condition and is unsure how he/she will react, a doctor is one way to get somone to help with monitoring it.

Usually when someone had a thyroid condition they go to the doctors after it has developed. You advice could also induce a thyroid condition.

Do YOU even know what you are talking about? Did you read all the links i have provided? Or do you just want to go crazy and spread your fears?

Yes I do. I almost dropped dead from thyroid storm. My "fears" are based on the possibility of someone reading your posts and thinking you are a health professional when you are not. My fear is that they will follow you "opinions" disguised as medical advice and cause themselves injury.

Please show me proof that any of the material i provided is false.

That would be most of your posts.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

All you say here is your opinion, you don't show me any proof that my material is false except for your own opinion.

You know, i'm very sorry that you have such a reaction, but that does not mean my material is false, it just means your body isn't working as supposed to. I contacted a mod about letting me put a warning in for people that could possibly have a bad reaction because they don't function properly, but he told me not to sweat it, maybe he thinks people can make up their own mind and look into it themselfs?

BTW the links i provided are from doctors and scientists, if their clinical trials and studys aren't good enough for you, then nothing will be.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

All you say here is your opinion, you don't show me any proof that my material is false except for your own opinion.

We talk again when you can proof to me that my material is false.

I and others already did that.. you then started saying "get doctor's supervision" yet now you are back to posting about how doctors do not know what they are doing and posting as if you do.

Why did you cave in to pressure and tell people to be monitored by a doctor if you think most doctors do not know what they are doing? You only said that to get people off your back till the issue got buried.

I posted as I saw people getting sucked in again thinking you are a health professional when you are NOT.

..and no you haven't said you are a health professional but you have strongly implied it.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

oh, come on, it's a wacko CT board after all and any good junkie knows to start with a low dose, right? whatever you take is your choice, not caring enough to even try to understand the potential problems is another. if anybody is dumb enough to swallow the entire bottle at once, well, would NOT posting this here prevent it on the long run? as for the disclaimer, well, it would be nice to have but it's really optional.

i see you're apparently allergic to iodine, so far so good, now what about people allergic to certain antibiotics? or peanuts for that matter? there are always exceptions, but that doesn't mean that's all we should think or care about, hopefully.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Riley.....

I asked the op this 9 days ago:

Nightflower.....

Prescriptive medical advice should not be issued flippantly.

May I please ask you to explain your qualifications & experience pertaining to this topic of iodine ingestion?

Many thanks
Maybe...maybe not

The op did not respond.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It is new to me that you need "qualifications" now to post something on a forum

Soo, you don't read the articles i have provided, you don't show me anything that proofs my material is wrong, and all you do is trying to make people not believe me.

I could almost think there are really disinfo agents here.

If your fear is really only based on some people having a problem with it, then the point is taken. And as i said, you were right, i should have thought about them before i made the post. But # happens huh? And there is almost always somone who responds to something bad that would normally be healthy for people.
However, this doesn't proof my material wrong in any way.

So how about you post something constructive now, if my material is so wrong. Or can't you?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Nightflower.....

Are you talking to me?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Again, doctors are not Gods.

They can't be expected in a world with over a hundred peer reviewed journals to be up to date with all research ever published.

Clear example: fluorine and its compounds.

Not many doctors know about it.

Fluoride has been scientifically linked to thyroid issues and shown to be a neurotoxin.

I don't think there are many textbooks to speak on the Iodine-Fluorine antagonism, with direct implications on the thyroid.

Here is a hint: it's not on textbooks, rather, the studies and discussion is on peer reviewed journals.

The NRC of the National Academies, the same entity as the IOM - Institute of Medicine, published a book in 2006 about the effects on the thyroid.

Only Time Magazine and Scientific American among the mainstream reported about it.

Why are more doctors not aware of this important information?

[edit on 16-4-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

To you and riley and a little bit in general.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir

Why are more doctors not aware of this important information?

[edit on 16-4-2010 by jjjtir]

Makes me wonder how much their qualification is worth...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join