It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah, the whole fluoride conspiracy is really crazy. The deeper you digg into that stuff the more you realize how much corruption there really is. And it is amazing how connected it all is in the end. It's a miracle how long people survive with this kind of treatment to their body.

The whole system is dumping us down, destryoing our health and then make money of us when we get sick and what health we have left we can work off as slaves till we drop.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroSum

Very nice, im looking forwad to hear about her progess. I hope she get's better

Yeah if the world only wouldn't be such a messed up corrupt place*sigh*.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroSum
A good friend of mine has a daughter with diabetes (type 1?) as well as an underactive thyroid. Would it be safe for her daughter to take iodine? How would it benifit/affect her diabetes?

don't wanna be a downer or anything but... have you consider recommending a doctor?! a patient with 2 severe potentially life threatening conditions and potentially others that are unknown should not start any kind of experimental treatment without blood tests and medical supervision!

or you could be responsible for the death of that woman... just a thought worth seriously considering.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I've had a cat scan done a few months back, where they injected an iodine contrast fluid. I was the lucky 1 in 4000 to have a severe allergic reaction to it....all including swelling up, hives everywhere, breathing trouble, fainting. It was no fun and I am glad nothing worse happened. They told me for the future to know that I am allergic to iodine. So...I know you are not a doctor, but I wonder, if it would be save for people like me taking such a supplement?
The funny thing is that years back I was diagnosed having a thyroid under function and was prescribed tablets of iodine...which I took that one time and then never again (teenager).

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I personally don't know about sideffects, but logic says that when the body starts to regulate itself and produces enough amounts of thyroid hormones itself, you should lower the intake of hormones, till you have no need to take any hormones anymore. But you better check that up with your doc. If you take both at the same time, in the same amount, you could end up with to much hormones.

what happens when you don't take thyroid hormones? Slow metabolism? Anything of live risk?

Personally, if i could tollerate taking no hormones, i would switch just over to iodine, to make sure they don't interfere.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroSum
It would be nice if she could use iodine instead of insuln someday. If only the government would release the cure for diabetes, but the pharmacies would lose so much money without people purchasing insulin and other diabetic supplies.

yes "the government" is hiding the "cure for diabetes"
because all those universities and researchers don't care about getting recognition or potentially the nobel prize for curing diabetes... and they are all afraid and silenced, all over the world, by the great fear of govt and pharma companies...

yeah you got that right! hope you had your tinfoil hat on while thinking this or the govt now knows your thoughts and will come to get you because you know the secret! so you'd better run and hide asap!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serafina
I've had a cat scan done a few months back, where they injected an iodine contrast fluid. I was the lucky 1 in 4000 to have a severe allergic reaction to it....all including swelling up, hives everywhere, breathing trouble, fainting. It was no fun and I am glad nothing worse happened. They told me for the future to know that I am allergic to iodine. So...I know you are not a doctor, but I wonder, if it would be save for people like me taking such a supplement?
The funny thing is that years back I was diagnosed having a thyroid under function and was prescribed tablets of iodine...which I took that one time and then never again (teenager).

I've read a bit into it, and it seems contrast fluid iodine is an organic form of iodine, that is not safe. Only the inorganic form is safe. It is quiet possible to have a bad reaction to organic iodine, but that doesn't mean you are allergic to the inorganic iodine.

Forms-----------------------Toxicity
A) Inorganic
1) Non-radioactive
a) iodides (i.e. SSKI)
b) tincture of iodine
c) Lugol Solution--------Extremely safe

2) Radioactive iodides for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes-------------Carcinogenic
Cytotoxic

B) Organic
1) Natural occurring
a) thyroid hormones
b) thyroidal iodolipids -----Safe within physiological ranges

2) Manmade
a) radiographic contrast media
b) iodine-containing drugs (i.e. amiodarone)---------Extremely toxic

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

You have something constructive to say? If not, please troll elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here is another good read:

www.townsendletter.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightflower

Originally posted by EDteach
A friend and Pharmacist told me recently that most processed foods, including bread, do not contain iodized salt in the manufacturing process. This helps to explain iodine deficient diets.

Yes, they used to bake with it ect. but switched to bromine, makes you wonder why.

Iodine chelates Bromine.
Iodine chelates Fluoride.

Interesting connection eh?

They remove Iodine from bread, milk and stop putting it in most salt...
...then add Bromide to bread and Fluoride to water...
...which are both chelated with Iodine,,,
...which further lowers iodine.

Have a casual look at what organ systems that require Iodine most...
...you will find an interesting corrolation with frequency and incidence of neoplastic disorders.

I will give you a hint:
Iodine is required by glandular tissue, including prostate, breast, and ovary, as well as the production of white blood cells.

So where are the most common neoplasms found?

[edit on 10/4/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
(and since you obviously know more about this than I), do you know of what effects a low-dose regimen would have when combined with Synthroid?

See?! That's exactly the point I was trying to make and I was met with liable about being a "disinfo agent" by people obviously less educated than I.
They don't necessarily know more than you. Some people, they read some new-age blog by some fringe "scientist" who makes claims with no experimental data to back it up with and suddenly they're enlightened and doling out potentially harmful medical advice based on nothing more than a whim. It's people like that, and people like troubleshooter (yeah, I'm naming you specifically) who don't have any sort of real background in nutrition or metabolic science that tout miracle cures and do nothing more than damage the industry that people like myself and others study so hard and try to bring a degree of credibility to. You turn around and throw some pseudo-science and name some compounds (yes, I'm well educated on MMS [chlorine dioxide...I know how to make my own and I can tolerate extremely high doses] and flouride/flourine toxicity) that you seem to know nothing about other than what you read from a blog. I'm all for alternative science, as I'm working hard in to assist in bringing credibility to it, but people like you do nothing more than throw words out without any idea of just how serious this science is. No wonder main-stream science laughs at most of this stuff. If you had any clue as to what your uneducated "advice" did for the credibility of some of the lesser known inventors and chemists you might consider educating yourselves further before you decide to run your mouths and attempt to discredit people (like myself) who spend copious amounts of time experimenting with and researching these topics. By asking about your credentials, nightflower, I was attempting to determine if you have the background and understanding of just how dangerous your advice was, regardless of your noble intent. And you, troubleshooter, you just irritate me. Just be aware, that by giving "advice" that has not been scientifically replicated, you can inadvertently do more harm than good, both to the people you're trying to help, and the very researchers and inventors whose discoveries/inventions you stand behind.

But whatever...go on people...listen to these "experts" and don't mind the ramblings of a "disinfo agent" like me.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

hypothyroidism can be caused by an iodine deficiency, im not sure what else can cause it, most sites just advise to ignore it pretty much and take thyroid hormones.

If you're unaware of other factors that can lead to a glandular malfunction, then who the hell do you think you are to give medical advice without any real medical education?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I personally don't know about sideffects, but logic says that when the body starts to regulate itself and produces enough amounts of thyroid hormones itself, you should lower the intake of hormones, till you have no need to take any hormones anymore.

You're working on the assumption that everyone has the ability to self-regulate...not everyone does. The cruel truth of nature is that not everyone can maintain homeostasis, regardless of diet/supplement regimens. You're assumptions are wholly without any kind of real educated basis in biology and you're assuming responsibility for other people's lives. You're simply not qualified to make that call.

But you better check that up with your doc.

Nice way to try and cover your potential malpractice lawsuits.

If you take both at the same time, in the same amount, you could end up with to much hormones.

And you know that...how?

what happens when you don't take thyroid hormones? Slow metabolism? Anything of live risk?

So...what? You're asking now? You were giving advice like you're an expert. So, why don't you tell them what the answers to those questions are. You can't, can you?...because you don't know. You're making assumptions that could do serious damage to people.
And seriously, I asked for your background in this type of discipline, and you've yet to answer. So, I figure you're just some new-ager who read a few alternative science blogs and now all of a sudden you're an expert. Why go to 4+ years of school and try to pass board exams when you can just read a few blogs and start giving medical advice on a conspiracy website? Some people inadvertently do massive amounts of damage to the credibility of actual researchers by circumventing the actual work of research and just giving out uneducated advice.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
www.thyroidbook.com...

This doctor claims supplementing with Iodine when you have hyperthyroidism can be bad in most cases

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

You should look up the word "chelate" before you use it again.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Hopefully, you limit your license-free endocrinology practice to the internet and no one acts on your recommendations. You are providing some serious misinformation and can cause harm by pretending to know what you obviously do not.
I expect to see some of those who act on your advice as Darwin award contenders.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This topic is not about me treating anyone, i merely give my opinion, knowledge and informations on what i have studied. And where i cannot be sure i told them to check it up with a doc., because i cannot monitor anyone nor did i intend to, nor can i forsee everyones reaction. But sadly, doctors cannot be sure either.

I just brought something to light, that most never even considered.

People aren't stupid, and doctor's are not god. Nor are doctor's always right.

Im confident that people can look into the matter themselfes if they aren't sure about it.

Are you afraid people find out the truth and actually get healthy? Afraid that you'r studys might be full of misinformation? Maybe you are the new age quacks?

I had alot of experience with doctors when i wasn't healthy. And they acted like quacks. "im not sure why that is, but i just prescribe you this, and that, if it doesn't get better i still dont know but because i can, i prescribe you something else". bla bla.

I see them destroying health everywhere, with their misinformation and their slavery to pharma cooperations.

There was a time when my health was miserable, and whatever doctors did to me made it worse. It was then that i had to look into the matter myself and check up on different opinions about health matters.

I changed my medications to natural remedys, got on a healthy diet and made sure i get everything else i could be missing. Thats where i found out about iodine and its importance. And today i recovered amazingly. No more thyroid problems, no more overweight. No more health problems.

Today im sure that if a human get's the right diet and nutritions, there is no more health problem. All these diseases come from wrong nutrition and getting pumped full of unhealthy stuff.

All this talk about how it's normal to get diseased with age and it's our genes and quackery, that is all a lie. All nonsense.

And nature has provided us with remedys for almost everything. Even cancer. Yet doctors still talk about how they still search for a cure.

Fact is, doctor's, no matter what they studied, do not know, understand or forsee everything, nor do pharma corps understand everything. Yet they prescribe and treat people like they would.

So who is calling who a new age quack here?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Are you afraid people find out the truth and actually get healthy? Afraid that your studies might be full of misinformation? Maybe you are the new age quacks?

I am disinterested in the status of people's health. My fear is that your studies may be full of misinformation. I am not the "new age quacks;" there is only one of me.
Try not to hurt anyone.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

And your fear is based on what? Lack of knowledge?

I actually posted this to help people, not to harm them.

Maybe you should really look into the matter and read about both sides of the argument before jumping to conclusions.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Perhaps you didn't read my post. My fear is based on your lack of knowledge, as demonstrated throughout this thread.

Happy witchdoctoring.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join