It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightflower
Geez, what have i started here

If anyone is unsure about taking iodine, ask your doctor to monitor you.

And educate yourself, i put the links in there for a reason.

Have a nice day/night everyone.

You have uncovered a real issue Nightflower...
...an issue I believe is a real conspiracy.

They add Fluoride to our water and lower the availability of the only nutrient that can bind and eliminate Fluoride from the body.

Dr. Russell Blaylock has been trying to alert people to the Iodine - Fluoride issue for some time...
...and by the reaction from the professional disinformants on ATS...
...some are not very happy about you exposing it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Professional disinformants?
Are you for real?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Are you for real?

You know who you are too.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Whatever dude.
I'm a former nutrition student, now a nursing student.
I've studied alternative medicine most of my life and animal-free diets for well over a decade.
I'm a 2nd generation natural foods advocate as well as the son of an organic/sustainable farmer.
I know what I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
For more on the Fluorine-Iodine antagonism besides History of the Fluoride/Iodine Antagonism, check this book

Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards (2006) By National Academies Press.

8 Effects on the Endocrine System (224-267)

The research to date paints a very complex picture(by TSH, G Proteins, TRH, T3 and T4), but it has been shown to definitely affect the thyroid in a bad manner.

The National Research Council's Review of Fluorine/Fluoride is ignored by most Dentists/ADA when talking about stopping fluoridation.

The effects of fluorine on the thyroid has been recognised by the NAS/NRC, and has recommended urgent additional studies to get a clearer view on the mechanisms involved.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Thank you troubleshooter...I for one feel that your are correct. By using moral conscience as a guide, the wicked attract the light.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

What you offer is the same information that is quite accessible through google. It's information that comes from governmental agencies that I question. I did not come to ATS to read posts that come from the very traditional sources that have been questionable for some period of time.

I, myself, work with NSF on drinking water certification and have testified before the EPA regarding heavy metal contamination effects from ingestion to absorption into the blood. I can assure you that our governmental regulatory agencies are riddled with corruption.

I'm am here for "alternative" viewpoints, and I have a right to my opinion as to what I believe has been happening on this thread. Enough said...and I do not wish ill will upon anyone, nor am I trying to be negative...Peace

[edit on 9-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Are you for real?

Yeah, we're disinformants apparently. Rather sad attempt to discredit anyone who doesn't agree with the OP or know enough about Iodine to base a decision on whether to take it on this thread alone. I started reading this thread hoping that I could find something that might help my thyroid condition, maybe even clean enough toxins out of my system to help better regulate the blood flow (or lack thereof) that's causing necrosis in a fractured talus. Instead I get called a narc for getting frustrated over the fact that I can't tell who's right and who's wrong. I have read enough though to bring it up with my doc, so I'll at least thank the original poster for bring something to the table that I hadn't considered before.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I recently read about a few of the more severe side-effects. I don't believe they are that serious, but I think I will start by taking very little at first and slowly take more and more unil I reach 8 drops a day.
Is it injected?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think that another good method for taking iodine is consuming it natrually from iodine rich foods such as mentioned on this website:

www.weightlossforall.com...

Iodine Rich Foods List - ug - Portion
Haddock - up to 300 - 100
Cod - 90+ 100
Condensed milk up to 70 100
Trifle 60 100
Eggs 50+ 100
Mayonnaise 35 100
Jaffa cakes 32+ 100
Cheddar cheese 40 100
Malt bread 29 100
Naan Bread 28 100
Yorkshire pudding 26 100
Cheese cake 24 100
Sea kelp High ** 100
Seaweed High ** 100
Sea foods High ** 100
Most Fresh fish
Fish oils
Sea salt
Iodized salt

I think it's a safer and healthier way to ingest iodine, (apart from eating seafood which is high in mercuary.)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A friend and Pharmacist told me recently that most processed foods, including bread, do not contain iodized salt in the manufacturing process. This helps to explain iodine deficient diets.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ok everyone calm down please, let's keep it constructive, our goal is the truth, isn't it?

Now back to the topic.

There are two side's in the discussion, one side of scientists, doctors, whatever, say it's toxic to take such high doses. The other side says it's needed in much higher amounts than 150microgram.

Facts:
Many people take doses between 15-50mg and in some cases even up to 200mg without any ill effects.
Doctor's had healing results with such a dose for cancer, diabetis, and other diseases.
Iodine is needed and stored in many parts of the body for many functions in the mg range.
While an overdose could be possible, a normal fuctioning human body can rid itself of excess, atleast to some extend, and we are talking about a mg range that hasn't shown to be a problem in clinical trials.
Fluoride is dangerous and is nothing the body needs or wants, yet it is put into water, made into anti depressants and so forth. Iodine removes it from the body, and with it things like lead and other stuff that is not healthy to have stored, because it limits proper functioning. All this stuff is clogging up our system.

It makes you wonder why something the body actually needs to function properly is considered to be toxic in amounts wich shown to have very positive effects. It is quiet clear why there are cooperation's and other people that have a interest in us staying clean of iodine. We are a milk cow to them. The sicker we are the more money they can make with us.

And we have to remember that most doctor's only study what they been told is right. Not everything they learned must be the truth.

We don't know everything about the human body yet, and all the dissinformation outthere is not helping it.

I admit that i forgot completly that there are people that don't have a perfect normal functioning human body and that some people are more sensitive than other's, i have already send a pm to a mod so i can edit the main post, but, im very positive about that for a normal functioning human body, iodine in the range of 15-50mg is not toxic in any way and is of great benefit for its health and to restore normal functioning.

But since you can never be sure how your body might react, it is of course advised to test with lower doses before upping to a more useful dose, and even better if a doctor monitors it. And of course you have to be extra careful if you already have problems that relate to iodine, like thyroide problems. But i was under the impression it is common sense. Im sorry, please don't bash this thread useles, this information could save life's and help us all to have better health.

Im really sick of beeing lied to and to watch my family waste, because the people that pretend they are there to help them do really nothing for them except selling them to cooperation's that milk them. And you all should be sick of it, too. So we have to educate ourselfs and start healing ourselfs and pass on that knowledge, and that is what im trying here.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroSum
I recently read about a few of the more severe side-effects. I don't believe they are that serious, but I think I will start by taking very little at first and slowly take more and more unil I reach 8 drops a day.
Is it injected?

no no, just ingested, but since it tastes like rotten egg, you might want to mix it into juice or something.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
A friend and Pharmacist told me recently that most processed foods, including bread, do not contain iodized salt in the manufacturing process. This helps to explain iodine deficient diets.

Yes, they used to bake with it ect. but switched to bromine, makes you wonder why.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A good friend of mine has a daughter with diabetes (type 1?) as well as an underactive thyroid. Would it be safe for her daughter to take iodine? How would it benifit/affect her diabetes?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

Are you for real?

Yeah, we're disinformants apparently. Rather sad attempt to discredit anyone who doesn't agree with the OP or know enough about Iodine to base a decision on whether to take it on this thread alone. I started reading this thread hoping that I could find something that might help my thyroid condition, maybe even clean enough toxins out of my system to help better regulate the blood flow (or lack thereof) that's causing necrosis in a fractured talus. Instead I get called a narc for getting frustrated over the fact that I can't tell who's right and who's wrong. I have read enough though to bring it up with my doc, so I'll at least thank the original poster for bring something to the table that I hadn't considered before.

hypothyroidism can be caused by an iodine deficiency, im not sure what else can cause it, most sites just advise to ignore it pretty much and take thyroid hormones.

Its good that you bring it up with your doc, maybe you can ask him to monitore you while you take a low dose for a while, like 1 drop lugol wich is about 6,5mg i think. Getting your system stable carefully over time and then you can adjust the dose how you feel is fine.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroSum
A good friend of mine has a daughter with diabetes (type 1?) as well as an underactive thyroid. Would it be safe for her daughter to take iodine? How would it benifit/affect her diabetes?

In her condition i would def. try to find a good doc that monitores her, noone can say for sure if it is safe or not in her condition. And i would start slow with lower doses und work up slowly.

Some docs got their patients of insulin injections with a dose of around 50mg iodine, but since shes a child, if i read that correct, working up slow to 25mg might be better suited. Will be a bit of trial and error i guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Nightflower, you are right that iodine helps to eliminate fluorine.

The 2 links I gave, from Parents of Fluoride Poisoned Children and the National Academies Press adds support to that.

The NAS/NRC review included many studies cited by the PFPC organisation I linked to.

So far, the only scientific magazine I've seen to pick up and report on the issues raised by the NRC report, is Scientific American.

The National Academies Press is from the same entity that comprises the IOM - Institute of Medicine.

I never have seen such an extensive 400+ pages Monograph/Review from a respected source get so little attention.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Her mom's a nurse, so it will be easy to monitor her everyday. She is 17, so not quite a child, but very thin.
I already emailed her mother about this and she said she will look into it and try it little by little. She will then send me reports of how it's going and if it's working. I'll post here about how it's going so other diabetics know if it works or not for them. It would be nice if she could use iodine instead of insuln someday. If only the government would release the cure for diabetes, but the pharmacies would lose so much money without people purchasing insulin and other diabetic supplies.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Yeah, definitely going to discuss it with him and have it monitored... and since you brought up the subject of medication containing hormones to offset the underactive thyroid gland (and since you obviously know more about this than I), do you know of what effects a low-dose regimen would have when combined with Synthroid? I know I'm taking it to regulate my thyroid gland, just didn't know if there were known side effects.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join