It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Now idodine helps spare your thyroid from nuclear, but, its so much more, its your entire health system which is precisely why they took it out and demonized it after they did tests and found how needed it was.

It detoxes heavy metals out of your system. To me, this is more than the thryoid, this would eliminate radiactive isotopes, flouride and chemtrails/chaff, they're putting up there.

I would also look into buying or even building with LED's, your own infared sauna, I'm planning on doing so with a combo canvas and paper mache to elminate the woodworking portion, and make it a family project with my teenagers. This also is a detoxer and elminates heavy metals.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I was also surprised to see how it had been demonized over the years. And when I was searching info about it, it is true it was said to be an essential for maintaining some bodily functions.

I didn't know about the metals. Do you have any links about it?

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

www.alkalizeforhealth.net...

This is for mercury detox: www.iodine-resource.com...

Iodine
Iodine in the form of Lugols is an extremely effective heavy metal detoxifier of mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminium and bromide. Damage done by mercury is closely related to halogens.

On my favorite site, Earth Clinic, I found the following:

Adam from Tucson, Arizona wrote he found Adzuki Beans work for heavy metal detox. Soak the beans overnight and save the water which contain the "natural medicine". Cook the beans until they are tender. After he ate them, he felt a strong detox sensation similar to when he eats cilantro for detoxing. He finds the beans tasty with turmeric and cinnamon or sea salt.

The expert for Earth Clinic, Ted, uses tannic acid as an effective chelator to remove lead, cadmium, iron and mercury.

He uses 1/8th of a teaspoon of tannic acid diluted in a liter of drinking water.

anthonydipasquale.com...

Zinc is also good at ridding heavy metal contamination.

www.jcrows.com...

Dr. Albert Szent Gyorgi
Nobel Laureate Dr. Albert Szent Gyorgi, the physician
who discovered Vitamin C, called potassium iodide
the universal medicine, and took 770 milligrams per day
as a preventative dose....

[Funahashi et al.] Japanese researchers have found that
iodine suppresses tumor growth in experimental animals
and they have demonstrated that seaweed, that is high
in iodine, induces apoptosis in human breast cancer cells
(Funahashi, H., Imaj, T., Tanaka, Y., et al, Suppressive Effect of
Iodine on DMBA-Induced Breast Tumor Growth in the Rat,
Journal of Surgical Oncology, 61:209-213, 1996, Funahashi

edit on 15-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Many, many thanks! I'm in the process of reading it all!

It's almost incredible anything is still alive today! And it's so infuriating to see how this was all manipulated to make people sick... to me, it's clear it is intentional design. They can't make research on all those things without knowing the consequences, before "applying" it in the real world...
edit on 15-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well its hard to find the research, though I've read its there and was done intensively around the time of the Manahtten studies.

We've allowed our food to be doctored for so many years, and its got to stop. Wheat has been modified in store boughten breads, so even if you're not getting GMO, you're still not getting what your body requires. We have a farm here, in the lower mainland, organic grains, I just need to get a vitamix I think or will look into the best solutions I can for heritage and whole grain.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Weekend Project: How to Make Iodine

I got this one saved, downloaded. Essential information.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The problem with the Japanese is they eat alot of fish and shellfish. Tuna (especially blue fin) and Shellfish are very high in mercury !!!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Do you have any real sources..

like medical journals?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you believe the fda and their nonsense of making nutrients toxins, be happy with it. I personally would like to see them all rounded up and placed under lifelong house arrest, without access to communication devices, because the controllers are so dangerous one phone call can put millions at risk.

www.vitamincfoundation.org...

All cells in the body need iodine for proper functioning. All glands (thyroid, adrenal, etc.) especially need iodine for the production of hormones. Dr. Brownstein believes that iodine deficiency is a major cause of breast cancer and other diseases of the reproductive organs such as ovarian, uterus and prostate cysts and cancers. Iodine levels in US soil have fallen 50 per cent over the past 50 years and soil in the US is deficient in iodine. The Great Lakes region has some of lowest soil iodine levels in the world and this results in high levels of cancers related to iodine deficiency. Dr. Brownstein has been quite successful in treating fibrocystic breast disease (cysts in the breast) with iodine/iodine supplementation. In one case a 37 year-old woman with severe fibrocystic breast disease was completely cured after supplementing with 50 mgs of iodine a day for two months. Women with larger breasts need more iodine than women with smaller breasts. Other medical authorities agree that iodine deficiency can lead to fibrocystic breast disease and/or ovarian cysts. [1] [2] [3]

Iodine can similarly reduce uterine fibroids and one of the first conventional medical treatments for severe fibroids was to paint the uterus with iodine. [4]

Some other medical conditions associated with iodine deficiency are goiters, Graves� Disease, Hashimoto�s Disease, fatigue and impaired immune system function. Iodine deficiency during pregnancy can lead to miscarriages and reduced IQ in surviving offspring. [5]

The World Health Organization says that iodine deficiency is the largest single cause of mental retardation. Iodine also detoxifies the body by removing mercury, fluorides, chlorides, and bromides.

If iodine/iodide are so crucial in the body, why hasn�t there been more research studies published? Dr. Brownstein believes that because iodine cannot be patented there is no incentive for the drug companies to perform the research.

www.rumormillnews.com...
Too Much Fluoride/Bromide/Chlorine & Not Enough I

newsmedicalworld.blogspot.com...

n the U.S., iodine used to be in bread – 160 mcg of iodine per slice of bread. Now they use bromide. Not long after this change occurred, the ......

What products contain bromide? Currently, bromide is found in pesticides (methyl bromide), some bread products (potassium bromate), brominated vegetable ...

www.oasisadvancedwellness.com...
Bromine Toxicity Destroys Your Thyroid and Metabolism

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the last link! My girlfriend loves soy milk and wants to give a lot to the children! I was bothered by its high content in estrogen but now, I have bromide as an argument, also.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Here is my favorite link on idodine:

www.fibromyalgiarecovery.com...

its worth downloading.

Also the part about the Vit C 3 grams, and iodine 1500 mcg's, along with other things, raw slaws, cabbage, vit d 10 000 iu's is all very good above somewhere,can't remember if it was this page or the last.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My Liquid Trophic Iodine says it is 6.25 mg in each ml.

Each drop is 312 mcg's. I'm taking 5 of them a day, and the whole family. Kids a little less, 3-4.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sorry everyone for bothering with this again, but I can't get this iodine stuff out of my mind...I think maybe we're really into something here.

Is this Lugol's you speak of the same stuff they put in the aquarium? Is the absorption by the skin enough for our body? I mean, will the iodine go where it needs to?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So, you're taking drops now, instead of painting a square on your body...do you feel or see any significant changes?

Also, I'm a little bit worried about this piece of text, from one of the links you provided:

Along with metals, it is true that synthetic chelation also can strip the body of essential minerals like zinc and iron. In addition, the treatment can carry risks that include liver and kidney damage, bone-marrow problems, skin rashes, allergic reactions and nutritional deficiencies, doctors said. Medical authorities are correct in this regard for when chelation is done the allopathic way with synthetic drugs like DMPS, DMSA and EDTA, with each holding their own toxicity, we have all the potential problems and complications described above. Yes there are highly skilled physicians who know how to avoid most of these problems but they are rare, hard to find and expensive.

I expected some side effects, but liver and kidney damage, along with bone marrow problems is a little too much. What do you think about this?
edit on 10/11/2011 by Raven_Heart because: add

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart

I expected some side effects, but liver and kidney damage, along with bone marrow problems is a little too much. What do you think about this?

chelation works by forming a compound with toxins (typically heavy metals) that can, both ,be more easily excreted than the toxin in its raw form and will inhibit the toxin's effect on the body. Excretion will of course strain your kidneys if too much is asked of them in too little time.

iodine might work by chelation, to some degree, but imho, this effect cannot account for its healing benefits. of course, the tissue will need time anyway so large amounts are most likely useless. since you don't really know what large means, start out with the lowest reasonable dose (without thinning) a single drop. on skin, you'll probably use more but it won't be absorbed nearly as quickly.

toxicity - wise, as long as you stay out of the gram range you are safe from immediate effects, give it a rough factor of ten and remain below 100mg per week or so. in addition i'd find it advisable to stop treatments when the ailment subsides and stop using it if it has no effect after some time (a month?), automatically avoiding potential issues with accumulation (goes for any substance, of course) although there might still be an issue with allergy against organic iodine compounds used in medical imaging. tbh,i have no idea if there's any relation at all, i'm just throwing it in for completeness sake.

basic data sheet entry: msds.chem.ox.ac.uk...

ORL-HMN LDLO 28 mg kg-1
ORL-RAT LD50 14000 mg kg-1

these wildly disparate amounts indicate differences in compounds used, mode of application, etc. since (hopefully) no human being was sacrificed for the tests, i'd consider the rat test more accurate, in which case you'd have nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Off topic..Is your avatar an image of you SD?

If so, i have to say you're nothing like i pictured you in my mind's eye. Thought you would be a lot older, not sure why, but i did.

On Topic...And let's not forget that Iodine, especially for children and younger adults is crucial in protecting the thyroid from the effects of irradiated iodine being shed from those Japanese reactor cores.

If the thyroid is full of 'good iodine', it won't absorb the radioactive iodine which will result most often in thyroid cancer.

So, it's handy to keep kids topped up with the stuff anyway, even if one doubts it's other benefits.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Whoever wants to take medical advice from an online conspiracy community should really think twice. I would be wary of anyone suggesting consumption of a potent chemical without proper medical journal articles, clinical trials and other respectable sources to support the claims listed. If you do try this just understand that the effects one person might achieve can be the complete opposite of your own which in turn could endanger your health.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Are you taking Iodine now?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Off topic..Is your avatar an image of you SD?

Yup.

Originally posted by robile
Whoever wants to take medical advice from an online conspiracy community should really think twice. I would be wary of anyone suggesting consumption of a potent chemical without proper medical journal articles, clinical trials and other respectable sources to support the claims listed. If you do try this just understand that the effects one person might achieve can be the complete opposite of your own which in turn could endanger your health.

If one takes medical advice solely relying on the data provided by the medical establishment and their clinical trials, they are equally endangering their health ... as those 'studies' are rife with influences from big pharma and other self serving organizations such as the WHO. Furthermore such data is always malleable, often conflicting, and seldom conclusive.

So perhaps a balanced and comprehensive approach that includes both mainstream and alternative data sources is the one that serves us best.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

If one takes medical advice solely relying on the data provided by the medical establishment and their clinical trials, they are equally endangering their health ... as those 'studies' are rife with influences from big pharma and other self serving organizations such as the WHO. Furthermore such data is always malleable, often conflicting, and seldom conclusive.

So perhaps a balanced and comprehensive approach that includes both mainstream and alternative data sources is the one that serves us best.

Completely agree with you. But when someone comes here stating iodine is making them healthier you shouldn't automatically assume more iodine in your diet will give you similar results. All I'm saying is do your due diligence and don't turn your body into a science experiment unless that's what you're aiming for.

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join