It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Iodine, what is it?

Basicly it is a chemical element, a halide.
en.wikipedia.org...

Why do we need it? Where do we need it?
Basicly everywhere. One of it's most talked about uses is in the thyroid, to create hormones. But it is needed for proper brain development, helps to fight infections, protects from and fights of cancer. It is needed for a healthy skin, and many other things. It is very important to get enough iodine for a healthy body, but is sadly most often overlooked.

Why have have we been lied to, and why is it part of a conspiracy?

The advised amount to take is around 150microgram. The thruth is one should take around 50milligramm. 150Microgram won't do much at all for you, and doctors and companys still spread the lies how anything more would be overdose and dangerous. The truth is 50mg is the amount japanese people get since ages, through algeas. And they have much less cancer, probably the lowest rate of the bigger nations.

Some advise a dose at around 15mg, but nowadays we have so many fluorides and stuff in our food and everywhere that we need to get alot more to make sure we are saturated to be protected. And don't worry about overdose, the body can tollerate alot more than 50mg.

One reason why the companys don't want you to get the proper amount of the right iodine is because they make money with sick people, not with healthy. Not only can they prescribe thyroid hormones when the thyroid cannot produce enough anymore, but also prescribe you something for all the other side effects that you get from an iodine deficit, and cancer gets them lots of money.

BUT
the biggest reason why they don't want you to get saturated with iodine is because IODINE REMOVES ALL FLUORIDES, LEAD, BROMINE AND THE OTHER TOXIC HALIDES FROM YOUR SYSTEM, EVEN STORED ONES.

Once you'r system is free of all that toxic stuff you'r body can start healing, you'r brain will function better, you'r metabolism will get better, and you will enjoy an overall much better health.

If you have trouble finding the right iodine, search for Lugol solution. It is pretty cheap, a bottle with 60ml cost me around 15$ and i only need 8 drops a day to get 50mg.

But i have to give you a warning before you start on iodine, since iodine will replace the toxic halides, they will get into your system and you can experience side effects, like dark thoughts, headache, basicly symptoms of an overdose of bromine. To help these symptoms you can do a salt load, ingest half a teaspoon of seasalt with a glass or two of water. Continue after an hour if you still feel bad, but don't overdo it. For me one salt load did the trick most of the time. If you don't want to ingest salt, you can get magnesium chloride, the chloride is basicly what helps you get out more bromine faster. I had sideeffects for around a week or two, now it's all good. And it was not that bad. You can also do pushloads in the beginning, 1 day iodine, next day none, so on. Once most of the bromine is out of your system, there won't be any sideffects, except enjoying much greater overall health.

Here's a link with alot more information about it, it should provide you with a good start if you want to research it.
iodine4health.com...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Nightflower]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Fantastic post. Iodine is one of the things I haven't looked into too much.

I'm not sure if I need supplemental iodine though.

I believe I have a slight hyperthyroidism as I can never gain weight. When I tried taking one seaweed/iodine pill, I began getting slight heart palpation's, so I take this that I already have enough iodine in my body. (But I'm not sure.)

I also understand that if you place iodine on your skin, and it disappears within a short time, that you are iodine deficient.

If the iodine remains for hours, or even overnight, then you are sufficient.

This is all I know. Feel free to educate me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is from a store I purchase several products from:
(linked for sourcing purposes, not to promote purchase)

Iodine is called the metabolizer. It is one of the most vital of the biochemical elements and has one of the highest vibratory frequency rates of all the elements. It mainly affects the thyroid, which not only controls many important functions in the body, but also keeps us in a quickened state of health. Iodine restores heat, assists calcium in the repair and building of tissue in the body. Iodine is stored, in a small percentage, in muscles, most in the thyroid and the rest in the skin and bones.

The thyroid gland secretes iodine. The hormones the thyroid produces regulate and control the metabolism of the body (increases the assimilation of salts), digestion, heart rate, body temperature, nervous system, reproductive system and body weight. Iodine protects the brain by destroying harmful toxins, and helps neutralize toxins in the rest of the body. Iodine aids the assimilation of calcium and silicon. Skin problems such as dry or scaly skin are indicative of an Iodine deficiency. Regular elevated intakes of iodine occur occasionally, such reactions may manifest as skin rashes or acne. *

[edit on 7 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

The chances that you have enough are slim, if you don't take any extra. Besides seewead, there's almost no iodine left in our food nowadays. It is my believe that aside from japanese or other countrys that ingest alot of seewead, everyone has a deficit. Not even salt with added iodine provides enough, if anything than it is only enough to prevent goiter.

The only real test for enough iodine i know of is to take iodine and test your urine for the amount you keep in your body and how much you peed out. That has to be over some weeks.
I haven't researched testing much because im pretty sure everyone needs to supplement iodine, except the japanese.

And since it is not very expensive, it's better to make sure you get enough.

You could ask a doctor for ways to test, or to run tests for you, but it won't be easy to find one that doesn't believe 150microgramm is way to little.

Geez my doctor was shocked when i told her, because she thought that amount would be deadly, but nope, im still alive :p.

what can happen when you have a deficit and take iodine is that you get a overreaction, like goiter, because your thyroid and maybe the rest of the body trys really hard to catch enough of it as possible.

My advise is to get the proper iodine and start slow, see how you react. If you take Lugol solution, maybe start with 1 drop, next day two, work your way up till you can tollerate 8.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Most of it is true, thanks for sharing. But the part about the skin rushes and acne is not true. Yes it can happen, but it is not because of the iodine, it is because of the bromine, when you are free of most bromine, there won't be acne or rashes anymore. I don't think there are many people that are really allergic to iodine, as it is such an important element.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

It is definitely interesting ... I take a lot of natural supplements so it may already be included in some, or not interact well with others, but I will look into it.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There is plenty of iodine inthe average diet. If there were too little, the entire population would have a marked decrease in T3 and T4 (mostly T4) hormone throughout the body. As we don't have an epidemic of hypothyroidism in the nation, I have a hard time believing we are short on dietary iodine.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have not come across anything that would make it interact badly. It is vital in great amounts for your body. So don't worry about that. To be on the safe side you can just take it at another time from the rest of your supplements.

my pleasure

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wonderful information.
Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

The human body can take alot of beating. What is left might be enough to get by somehow but it is not enough to be at perfect health, and for sure not enough to be protected from fluorides ect.

If you don't believe it, research it

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I know they use to add iodine to salt but im not sure they still do. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Yes, they still do, but it is not the right amount. It is only enough to prevent goiter. There was a big goiter epidemic, and they had to pretend they did something about it

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have researched it. It's called basic medical physiology and pathophysiology, which all licensed physicians have to pass at high level in order to practice. Your body is incredibly sensitive to hypo and hyperiondinated states. Chronic hypoiodination would result in hypothyroidism, decreased metabolism, and would alter a good deal of your hormonal profile.

I've yet to see any evidence that there is an epidemic of low iodine in the population, and nothing you've presented provides such evidence. If anything, Americans receive too much iodine in the form of iodized salt, which is a major ingredient in most fast foods now.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce said to take Iodine for good majority of his health readings..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
hey cool post!

i will definitely be looking into this!

as for the japan reference, they really are healthier than americans, but not really just because of iodine related reasons i'm sure though

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I have enough.

If I eat anything high in iodine like shell fish - - I get iodine poisoning.

Not fun. No extra iodine for me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Weren't the japs the ones dieing from mercury poisoning, like a few decades ago? It can't be THAT good at removing mercury..

I would also humbly suggest eating more seaweed (perhaps). If that is a good, natural source, then use it. Learn to make sushi and enjoy

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
Edgar Cayce said to take Iodine for good majority of his health readings..

Well that's one good reason not to take it but putting that aside.

As someone else stated, Iodine is still added to table salt and as table salt is massively overconsumed you would think people were getting enough. As for the statement that it's only to prevent goiter, well i hardly eat any salt at all, any i do eat is sea salt and yet i don't have goiter so it seems strange you would make this comment.

Basically i would say your entire thread is not only incorrect but quite dangerous. If people go away from this and start dosing with Iodine then there is every chance they can develop a goiter because the Iodine can mess up thyroid function. On top of that you can develop seizures and even damage your brain.

It's odd how you are not allowed to discuss illegal drugs on ATS but people can offer dangerous medical advice.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightflower
reply to post by Scarcer

The chances that you have enough are slim, if you don't take any extra. Besides seewead, there's almost no iodine left in our food nowadays. It is my believe that aside from japanese or other countrys that ingest alot of seewead, everyone has a deficit. Not even salt with added iodine provides enough, if anything than it is only enough to prevent goiter.

The only real test for enough iodine i know of is to take iodine and test your urine for the amount you keep in your body and how much you peed out. That has to be over some weeks.
I haven't researched testing much because im pretty sure everyone needs to supplement iodine, except the japanese.

And since it is not very expensive, it's better to make sure you get enough.

You could ask a doctor for ways to test, or to run tests for you, but it won't be easy to find one that doesn't believe 150microgramm is way to little.

Geez my doctor was shocked when i told her, because she thought that amount would be deadly, but nope, im still alive :p.

what can happen when you have a deficit and take iodine is that you get a overreaction, like goiter, because your thyroid and maybe the rest of the body trys really hard to catch enough of it as possible.

My advise is to get the proper iodine and start slow, see how you react. If you take Lugol solution, maybe start with 1 drop, next day two, work your way up till you can tollerate 8.

Hm, ok, well I'll try taking half the pill for a day or so and see how that works.

But if I don't have enough, then whats the explanation for my small heart pain/palpation when I take iodine?

On the side though, I'm going to do the iodine/skin test I mentioned earlier.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Flag and Star...I have been saying this since I came onto ATS.

It is also important to understand the relationship of Iodine to Selenium...
...especially if you have hypo or hyper-thyroid condition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join