It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guidance Needed, any Good Torrent Sites Out There ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I used to use IsoHunt, it was awsome. More than a torrent site it was a community. You could click on a movie torrent and see all the comments and reviews people left, if anyone had a problem they could post it and recieve good advice.

It was easy to distinguish real, from fake movie torrents, as I usually Download movies as soon as they hit theatres. And if I downloaded a game, once again I just had to glance through the comments to find a solution.

The IsoHunt I knew and love is gone, replaced by a lighter version due in part to a lawsuit. No more comments, ratings, nothing.

I tried PirateBay, but that place is so inundated with Ads and ADware I would just get stuck on a page while Ads just loaded and refreshed, the last time I had to shutdown my computer.

So I ask, are there any good torrent search engines, or sites out there , where its easy to distinguish real from fake torrents ??? With rating systems, comments from members ?? Easy to use and find content ??

Where do you download or watch new releases ??

Rest In Peace IsoHunt, my old friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hi
thank you for your recent comment lol.. i will pass your message on to the four legged one, and nope i am thankfully still here despite his man (women) eating cravings hidden by an 'im too cute to attack you' kinda face

I clicked to reply to this thread of yours with the plans to suggest trying Pirate Bay, but have now seen that isnt working for you.. that and Isohunt are the only two i can use, though i used to use Mininova, but their rules have changed..might help with what you need it for though.. just a thought..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well,I would just Google search them and see what is out there.

Check them all out and report back as to your findings.

Remember this.Once you acquire the torrent 100 per cent, let it seed for a while before attempting to use it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
ISOHUNT... and USENEXT...

Those are the two I would recommend...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Pirate bay. best in the universe.

green skull = good
pink also good.

people will say if it s virus. plus you can see howmany seeders/leechers.

a good torrent will have thousand of leechers/seeders.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Try demonoid. I've been registered for quite a while. You'll need an invite to register.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

So far, the best combo I've found are:

Torrent Downloader = uTorrent

Site: www.torrentz.com - This is a web-crawler site. I like it for the fact it throws up a list of the sites, has seeders/leechers count, and shows a random display of "what hot" as soon as you go on the site.

It's very user friendly, and if you know what a .torrent is, you should have no problem navigating the site(s) that you go to for the torrents, i.e. mono nova, mini nova, ISOhunt...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I like Demonoid and use utorrent with torrent fu on my Droid i pic thing i want and it sends it to my home PC so when i get home they are done

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I've been using VUSE for a wee while and find I can get nearly everything I require.

g

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
PirateBay has improved lately.
No pop up ads or malware at all.

Demonoid is good, I use it second to PB.

ILoveTorrents is good if you pay, otherwise you have to wait 24 hours for new torrents.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I to don't mind Pirate Bay but they are not as safe as they are being watched, Demonoid was being watched but they keep moving there servers everytime you see them down for a while ie. harder to keep track of I usued to love torrent reactor but now just visiting the site is risk for infection also mininova has some stuff but they have pretty much been shut down. twilighttorrents.net is free but have to register.

LaTeR

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndianaOps
I to don't mind Pirate Bay but they are not as safe as they are being watched

No offence, but all are being watched...no exceptions.

The best way to deal with torrents is to be as anonymous as possible, but even than it's possible to be intercepted. (I mean, the government can also make spyware etc. and just wrap this into a download and make it into a torrent)

Some things to help you with your privacy are TOR and BTguard. Learn your fair share on proxies and other privacy related things. Once you understand the technology and where the risks are than you can protect your privacy better.

My favorite is the Pirate Bay, followed by Isohunt. What I like best about Piratebay is that they are active on the area of privacy matters. Also I like the comments that come along with the torrents and that give you a pretty good idea if the torrent is of quality.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I agree with you about Isohunt. I used to love it also, and unfortunately in it's current state of near utter uselessness, it is no longer even remotely similar to it's former glory.

Piratebay is probably the best of the free torrent sites that I'm aware of, but it also has went downhill a little bit.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A new one is Kickasstorrent it is a fast moving site, and the pirate bay is still good, you just need to check for comments.
Btjunkie.org is a really good site for everything, there are toolbars in firefox which tell you every torrent site.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
bouncey-torrents.co.uk is a new torrent site with friendly staff that can help out with almost anything we have simple seeding rules which are 1.1 or 3 hrs seed time and fast speeds most torrents are hosted on a seedbox although we do have a section for users to upload which might be slower if there to slow we will put them on a seedbox to help out with the speed would like to have as many members as possible so please sighn up and will realy like to see you there

thanks
razor09

[edit on 28-7-2010 by razor09]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Isohunt is still going strong outside the US, still comments for me here (UK). I also use BTJunkie, I really like it, but I'm not so keen on the general interface - Isohunt is the "best looking" torrent-site I've found.

Mostly everything I want can be found on there and I look for some pretty weird/obscure stuff.

I'd like to mention this site:

tracker.zaerc.com...

It's really tiny and mostly deals in documentaries and strange, no STRANGE films, it's friendly and nicely presented, a lot of the stuff on there is uploaded because you simply cannot get it elsewhere anymore and it seems to be a cool community.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i just use vuze and it automatically comes up with the search

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i check pirate bay, if they dont have it demonoid. same as other people have stated. never ran into problems doing this.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The full IsoHunt site is back isohunt.com...
Torrentz, Demonoid, TPB, and a few other torrent search engines.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't know if you can get it in the States, but here in Sweden, utorrent is excellent

top topics

<<   2 >>

join