It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couples good luck rewarded with JAIL TIME

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
WTF .......why not just do what is right?

The intention was not to donate or give away the money.

Pick apart the "LAWS" if you will but, if you wish to capitalize by twisting the wording and throwing out the true intention of the "LAW" You are contributing to the moral decline of the very world in which you live.

The couple that purchased a suitcase should be happy the money was returned to the couple that unintentionally donated it.

Why don't we just get back to doing what is just and right, instead of trying to twist things so that we benefit from someones honest mistake.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by deepred]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
WOOHOO found it, I'm NOT going insane and I really DID hear it hahahahaha

It’s understood a man was entrusted with the suitcase before his wife handed it in to the Salvos, unaware it was filled with cash.

Given to him by his mate.. dodgy as... lol

Here is the link, they aren't actually in jail right now but will charged.

Herald Sun

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred

The couple that purchased a suitcase should be happy the money was returned to the couple that unintentionally donated it.

Right, the couple should be happy their life is now Ruined by some idiot (very suspicious fellow).

They should be happy jail exists so they have a place to be right?

I don't think so.

I would try to get them off the hook.

The world is a better place with non-violent people OUT of jail.

I think your morals are really mixed up.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Thinking one has the right of way at an intersection when they don't is an honest mistake.

Assuming someone would react differently to a prank/practical joke is an honest mistake.

Storing $100,000 in a suitcase, in a room that you "cleaned out" and then donating it WITHOUT opening it to make sure it was empty. Is a series of epic blunders.
Coming into possession of something someone was willing to happily donate without a second thought (and this is the key here, remember the chain of several handlers without a single person opening the case) is not a crime, nor does it contribute to the downfall of society.

Allowing people to not reap the consequences of their decisions is the primary contributor to society's downward spiral. The original owners of the case screwed up, and the law (and your "moral", "just" decision) protects them from their own stupid, easily preventable mistakes.

Originally posted by damn_ummmm
WOOHOO found it, I'm NOT going insane and I really DID hear it hahahahaha

It’s understood a man was entrusted with the suitcase before his wife handed it in to the Salvos, unaware it was filled with cash.

Given to him by his mate.. dodgy as... lol

Herald Sun

I can't wait to hear where this money came from.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Also, a 3rd route that may even be the best route.

Is the police should confiscate the 100,000 $. Pending an Investigation.

Drop charges against the couple, and let them go.

Then see where the hell that $$$ came from. And bring this guys racket to an end, because his story changes too much and he is for sure hiding organized crime.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Allowing people to not reap the consequences of their decisions is the primary contributor to society's downward spiral. The original owners of the case screwed up, and the law (and your "moral", "just" decision) protects them from their own stupid, easily preventable mistakes.

So actually by protecting these numb skulls we are promoting stupidity and helping along the downfall of society.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So actually by protecting these numb skulls we are promoting stupidity and helping along the downfall of society.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

Like I said earlier.

Moral Relativism.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Sad though that 2 innocent people are in jail while this other guy is loose.

Something is wrong with the system.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Sad though that 2 innocent people are in jail while this other guy is loose.

Something is wrong with the system.

Indeed, the least that needs to happen now is the investigation that you suggested.

I don't think anyone has a right to question someone if they don't feel comfortable leaving their money in the bank(you'd think they'd be more careful if that were simply the case), but entrusting a suitcase full of money (100K no less) to someone else to hold on to?

I know there have been police investigations for looser circumstances.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Oh I just realized. How this maybe all went down.

Ok, organized crime in a local community is almost always covered by the local government (bribes , plants, etc). And the local law enforcement almost always has a dirty hand involved too right.

Well, maybe this 100,000 $ belong to the local organized mafia.

So this mafia could be composed of higher ups in the police and legal system in that community.

Therefore it is a personal issue for each of them, to get this 100,000$ back. Because it is their illegal $.

That explains why the police raided the couple so relentlessly. They were getting their OWN money back.

That is why this flies in the face of all logic.

Because we have a multi-faceted, organized crime network working all angles of this to try to get that $$.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
And there's your conspiracy angle.

Well done.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

And there's your conspiracy angle.

Well done.

Well it explains why the weird mafia guy isn't being investigated or arrested!

So for me it works! hehe

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm finding it hillarious that this ordinary - albeit stupid - couple with the suitcase has somehow turned into some organised mafia crime couple that are hiding drug money in a suitcase

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'm finding it hillarious that this ordinary - albeit stupid - couple with the suitcase has somehow turned into some organised mafia crime couple that are hiding drug money in a suitcase

No not the couple. They are hapless bystanders. They accidentally unraveled this dudes organized crime links.

The 2 married people that went to jail are innocent.

The guy who "claims to own the suitcase and wants the money back" - is guilty of something. Of what? They should investigate that.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here is how we know the original holder of the suitcase is in a sticky (hidden) and illegal situation.

First he said "I'm holding it for a friend".

Then he said "It's our life savings".

That means if he gets it back, it saves his life.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

First of all, 100,000 in a suit case tells me one thing.

Illegal activities.

Whether its drug dealing, arms dealing or worse...

The police should have gone after the guy who;s hiding that much cash from his family, rather than the honest people who who just bought something fair and square and thought their prayers had finally been answered.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I am fearful for the life of the dumb guy now. I guess it's because I am kind of paranoid lol.

If this money was not his, like he said in the first place, they will want to kill him. That's how mafia works right? Enforcement?

Someone needs to get the federal Australian officials to take over now. This has gone way over everyones heads.

Outsides are needed, conflicts of interests abound.

People could die here. I suggest both the couple and Especially the person of interest under investigation, be placed under the government's organized crime eyewitness protection programs.

The federal government not the local, as the locals have conflicts of interest (possibly?).

Oh and the wife who donated the suitcase in the first place. She needs protection too.

I am sure everyone is very upset and fearful.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred

Right, the couple should be happy their life is now Ruined by some idiot (very suspicious fellow).

They should be happy jail exists so they have a place to be right?

I don't think so.

I would try to get them off the hook.

The world is a better place with non-violent people OUT of jail.

I think your morals are really mixed up.

Well MF has a jacket that no longer fits him, he sells that jacket to deepred, deepred gets home and finds a sum of money in the pocket.

Should deepred return the money to MF or should deepred say that MF must be involved in illegal activity, or that MF should have checked the pockets better, should deepred make up excuses to justify keeping MFs money?

No, deepred would call MF and let him know that the jacket contained money and make arrangements to return it. The right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

No, it all makes sense - every mafia crime boss holding 100k in his house, would go to the police should they lose it. They'd obviously risk it gaining media attention and becoming public knowledge thus exposing their true identity as the mafia boss. Hence, no one would believe it. Right?

lmao, mafia... hold on for Underbelly 4 - The Suitcase of Crime

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Maybe Captain Cook should be done with theft by finding Australia

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join