It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann advocates nuclear response to Cyber-Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Jeez, jibeho. Since you've come up with all these horrific scenarios which are in your imagination, do you think it would be okay if we just used imaginary nukes to deal with them?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by jibeho

Jeez, jibeho. Since you've come up with all these horrific scenarios which are in your imagination, do you think it would be okay if we just used imaginary nukes to deal with them?

I've tried... I always get a failure to launch sequence because my wife refuses to turn the imaginary second key in my mind.

I just wanted to illustrate that there is more involved in a cyber attack than knocking out twitter and myspace accounts. Most people have no concept of how things function. They just like to push the buttons to turn them on. Sadly, people really think that their cars speak to them with OnStar. Just like Kit in Knight Rider.

Incidentally, I just got a letter from my bank explaining that they had a breech in security and that my account could be compromised. They closed the account and sent me a new atm card with a new account number sequence. Anything can happen and it is best to be prepared if something drastic occurs.

"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"- Ben Franklin

<< 1  2   >>

join