It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Attorney-General: No Criminality Found on ACORN Tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The demonization of the Acorn organization was a way in which the rightwing could continue to strike against the Obama administration and the election outcome. This had little to do with what was 'right or wrong' and had plenty to do with striking an organization for political gain. Acorn is by no means a clean organisation, neither will it be the first or last, but the bandwagon of hate which lead towards the organizations downfall was for the most part ideologically and politically driven. When we mix the facts with politics, emotion and ideology, they don't come out as straight facts any longer and this was the problem in the case of the James O'Keefe and the infamous 'ACORN' tapes within the rightwing:

Rather than give advice on prostituting underage girls, human trafficking and cheating on taxes, the attorney general's office found ACORN members at times caught on to the scheme and called the police in the portions of the videos that were cut.

"Sometimes a fuller truth is found on the cutting room floor," Brown said.

To obtain the full tapes, Brown's office agreed not to prosecute conservative activists James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles, who played the pimp and prostitute in the video, even though the report found they likely violated state privacy laws.

In California, O'Keefe used hidden cameras on visits to ACORN offices in San Diego, San Bernardino and Los Angeles. State law requires both parties to give consent before a conversation is recorded.

abcnews.go.com...

This isnt just some technicality we're talking about here . For example it was claimed that an Acorn official gave advise to one of the actors playing as a prostitute herself over running her own prostitution business which turned out to be false as evident from the video. There was another claim regarding acorn officials advising the two actors to smuggle in underaged individuals for prostitution and that turned out to be false. Alot of people decided to jump the gun over the demonization of this organization and most of it was evidently pushed in connection to the 2008 election outcome and this idea that the outcome were somehow distorted against McCain.

By all means for some of you, go ahead and attack MSNBC. But those who are willing to actually watch the video I invite you to do the research yourself on the matter.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
interesting. though this does nothing to change my opinion, acorn needs to go, too much voter fraud.

take this article for instance.

pajamasmedia.com...

extreme voter fraud, check. monetary ties to obama? check.

count after count of voter fraud, with those votes going to obama.

"Texas — Of the 30,000 registration cards ACORN turned in, Harris County tax assessor Paul Bettencourt says just more than 20,000 are valid." 33% fraud.

"Indiana — More than 2,000 voter registration forms filed in northern Indiana’s Lake County filled out by ACORN employees turned out to be bogus. Officials also stopped processing a stack of about 5,000 applications delivered just before the October 6 registration deadline after the first 2,100 turned out to be phony."

i challenge you to read that article, and still find love for this organization. but you actually might, considering they support your main man.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I challenge you to read this op-ed: ACORN Voter Fraud Claims Are Phony

The simple truth is that historically, voter registration drives often resulted in destruction of registration cards of opposition voters. Voters who believed they had registered appropriately would come to the polls only to find on Election Day that their registrations hadn’t been submitted. Consequently, laws were passed to prohibit the practice.

These laws required that all registration cards had to be turned in. You could no longer turn in only the registration cards you wanted to turn in — you had to turn them all in. So the law required ACORN to turn in the voter registration cards for Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and every other fraudulent registrant.

I believe voter fraud only counts when you actually show up to the poll to vote as someone else, not just register.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
So in other words...

A flaming-liberal California AG says ACORN did nothing wrong, MSNBC (a flaming-liberal mainstream news channel watched by almost 37 viewers) says ACORN did nothing wrong...

That almost CONVINCES me that ACORN did something wrong!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
ACORN innocent in reality, despite being tried, convicted & executed in the ignorance of public & political opiumination.

Now i understand how you can squander a Trillion dollars, kill hundreds of thousands of innocents, commit unspeakable atrocities,

all based on imaginary things,

& still have almost ZERO public outrage & recriminations.

Right wing insanity & spin is destroying the American middle class through completely baseless, vacuous vitriol.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

All the Mickey Mouse nonsense aside, there is a greater problem than bogus names on registration, there is the problem of registering those not qualified to vote, and registration fraud is most certainly a problem, as this registration is used to gather members for a jury. If a non citizen is registering to vote, even if that non citizen never votes, the fraud still exists, and finding people to serve on a jury is far more important than voting, in my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
ACORN innocent in reality, despite being tried, convicted & executed in the ignorance of public & political opiumination.

Now i understand how you can squander a Trillion dollars, kill hundreds of thousands of innocents, commit unspeakable atrocities,

all based on imaginary things,

& still have almost ZERO public outrage & recriminations.

Right wing insanity & spin is destroying the American middle class through completely baseless, vacuous vitriol.

Wow, that sounded like the ravings of a mad man...

I am not right wing, I just know a scam when I see one.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

While we HAVE had more than one recent election stolen by the criminal right wingers.

Please, get a reality check, dear.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

While we HAVE had more than one recent election stolen by the criminal right wingers.

Please, get a reality check, dear.

"VIRTUALLY" non-existent?!?

"Hey! ACORN is good! They MOSTLY didn't commit fraud!"

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The whole US attorney firing scandal at the so-called 'justice department'

is because REPUBLICAN attorneys weren't willing to try completely bogus & baseless charges of 'Voter fraud' & they got fired for

Completely political reasons. They weren't willing to cave to partisan republican snark hunts.

So you can take BS & smoke it, but it still stinks to high heaven.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wow it's interesting to see hardline leftists actually come out to ACORN's defense. I don't want to stereotype the ACORN defenders but I think you're a minority. Good for you guys though.
Anyways isn't the pimp guy arrested for violating privacy in New Orleans?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

Do you remember all the hullabaloo about dimpled chads?

None of my experiments with unsupported ballots produced what has come, since the Florida recounts of the year 2000, to be called pregnant chad. The example in Figure 4 was created, with some difficulty, using a Data-Punch machine, a Votomatic-style machine made by Election Data Corp. of St. Charles Illinois, with a microtip stylus. The mechanism of this model is substantially the same as that of the Votomatic machines that were subject to so much controversy in the year 2000.

It is noteworthy that the force needed to dislodge chad from the card was not sufficient to dimple or deform the chad in any of my experiments done outside of Data-Punch or Votomatic machines. Close inspection under a 10x magnifier did not even reveal scratches on the ballot surface! In all cases, the chad ripped free at the corners and remained almost flat.

Virtually non existent?

Those engaging in election fraud have claimed that vote counting machines have a large inaccuracy of 3 to 5 percent (one in every 20 ballots are counted wrong). They have used these claims as an excuse to perform manual hand re-counts which have been used to commit additional election fraud.

Voter fraud most certainly exists. Not virtually exist, but does exist. But don't take my word for it, the information is quite literally out there for you to know the truth for yourself.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

what else would the result be... they are as corrupt as the annointed one himself and his thugs in DC...

of course they are going to be found not guilty... they are symbionic to obama.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I watched the Video tapes that were put out and formed my own opinion. The fact that none of the employees of Acorn actually wanted to stop and say wait a minute you are breaking the law, you can not do that, it is illegale and immoral should give a person pause to think.
Course what Rachel Maddow does not state in that piece is that Jerry Brown is running for Govenor of the state of California in 2010, nor does she actually look for the connection between ACORN and him, nor mentioned how he actually stated and has planned to kill this before it goes to trial. And the guy in San Diego, well he did not immediately call the police, he waited 2 to three days before he contacted his cousin in the police department. And if none of these people were guilty of doing anything wrong, why did ACORN fire them?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Yeah, O'Keefe and his pals just got slapped with a misdemeanor for infiltrating and secretly videotaping, impersonating phone repairmen, etc. at Landrieu's office. I guess having his dad as a DA probably helped. I hope one day his "pranks" land him in prison as he seems dangerous to me...ah but he's just a funny and merry prankster, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Its just so Orwellian and you robots just keep helping.

When the whole system collapses because of the people you supported and protected will you feel even the slightest guilt for the part you played?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Longview]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Everyone who benefited from the voter fraud that accorn committed with absentee ballots and registering "Jimmy Johns", dead citizens, illegal citizens, minors, etc. has a duty to stand up in accorn's defense. That is exactly what happened in NY and now it is happening now in California.

Accorn is a corrupt leftist organization who was laundering money for political coffers. With them out of business the money fraud that supplied the coffers isn't there, hence these corrupt officials denying justice when it is due.

top topics

join